Author Topic: TMX 's new center in Melbourne, and cooking class with Andrew Fielke part 2  (Read 11801 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
That's very exciting for Melbourne folks. Perhaps all the cities will get one.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Thanks chookie .. Never heard of finger limes before .. They look interesting.. So many things grow in oz that would never grow here 😥😥
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
Hally, why are fruits  and veg so expensive in Perth. You have beautiful climate so why the High prices?

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
This is what Finger Limes look like.  They can be green or pink small balls that are squeezed from the pod.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Interesting Chookie.  Do you think they will freeze OK for you?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Well I have never seen anything like that before. It's amazing what mother nature creates (or this a man made crossed with something else kind of fruit?)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
They are very interesting Chookie especially that you squeeze little balls from the pod. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Interesting Chookie.  Do you think they will freeze OK for you?

Only one way to find out.  These formed part of the Asian style dressing.  Think they would be nice on small lemon tarts.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
We did an excursion one year to a one of the pineapple farms at Yeppoon and he was branching out into Australian Native fruit and finger limes were one - I have never sighted any for purchase since that time.  The flesh reminds me of roe!!!!

Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
After you mentioned them i googled them and saw there are 5 or 6 different types of colours.. Says hey are farmed but native to australia.,??. Are thry really native as i have never heard of them before and are they specific to a certain region of australia??  Would be i teresti g to try but i doubt we can get them anywhere over here..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Chookie, i will have to see if they are sold over here in the west.

Courton, i dont know why things cost more over here, we pay the price for having the mining boom,  my dh is not in the mining boom and none of our friends are. In Melbourne I saw Margaret River produce cheaper than here and for us its a local produce.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline trudy

• View Profile
The class sounded great Chookie.  I wonder if one day we will get a centre here in Adelaide?   Must have a look at Andrews site.  I know he specializes in Australian Native Foods.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
I couldn't find the recipes on Andrew's site,  so will post all the TMX ones.  I put them on my Blog first and then swap them over. I have already posted the Asian lime and sesame dressing on my Blog.  It is lovely with any fish.  I will do the Barley Risotto next.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Thanks very much ACW . . the time you're taking to do this is very much appreciated! :-* :-*

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Thanks very much ACW . . the time you're taking to do this is very much appreciated! :-* :-*

Thanks goldfish.  Next the Orange, Mango and Lemon Myrtle Sorbet.