Author Topic: TMX 's new center in Melbourne, and cooking class with Andrew Fielke part 2  (Read 11803 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
TMX new Office in Melb is near the corner of Toorak Rd and Tooronga Rd.  It is all very new,  infact they seem to be still fitting our the Admin Part.
Andrew Fielke  is producing a new range of product .  His recipes and products are available on his web site.www.andrewfielke.com
Here are photos of some of what we ate.  The dressing on the Salad was outstanding.  The 2nd photo is of the Pearl barley Risotto which was a favorite with most. He also made Chocolate and peppermint Gum Lolli Pops, Prawn Bisque with Lemon Myrtle and Coconut Foam, orange, Mango and Lemon Myrtle Sorbet,  Steamed fish with lemon Myrtle Chive Beurre Blanc and Strawberry Gum and Lemon Curd.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 11:16:34 am by achookwoman »

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Wow Chookie what a treat to eat such lovely food.I like the sound of the salad dressing :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
CC,  if the recipe is not on his web site I will put it on. 

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yes please Chookie.Can't find it on his website :-* :-*
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Lovely photos Chookie.  Wonder if he is going to produce a TMX book :)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Yes please Chookie.Can't find it on his website :-* :-*

OK, CC pretty simple. 

110g Rice Vin
125g sugar
20g sesame oil
75mls Soy sauce
15g ginger
10g garlic
100mls sunflower oil
50g desert limes,  or Finger Limes or rind and juice of 1 Tahatian Lime  We had the Finger Limes and this was a WOW taste experience.  So much so that DH drove all the way to Melb to get some today.  They are squeezed from their case and are just like citrus caviar.  They are very expensive $40 a Kilo,  but you only need a couple.  Work out at about 50 cents each.

Chop garlic and ginger ,  speed 7
Add rest and blend to an emulsion.  If using Finger limes ,  don't add these until after blending.  just fold them in.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks Chookie.I have never heard of Finger Limes....probably rare as "Hen's Teeth" here in the UK but will lookout for them when I'm out and about. ;D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Thanks Chookie.I have never heard of Finger Limes....probably rare as "Hen's Teeth" here in the UK but will lookout for them when I'm out and about. ;D

CC,  don't think you will see them as they are native Australian and rare as hen teeth here.  I will take a photo tomorrow,  so you can see what they are like.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Hi ACW . . Have spent some time looking over AF's website . . really impressive!  I couldn't see the recipe for the Orange, Mango and Lemon Myrtle Sorbet . .Is it possible you might you have it? :D :-* :-*

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Wow chookie, it all looks amazing.

I have never heard of finger limes. Here in perth we can pay $40per kg for limes. Ripped off in the west.

I have a lime tree, no fruit, lemon tree no fruit & surprise kaffir lime tree no fruit.!!

Might even make a trip to Melb to do a cook one day. :)

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
Hi Chookie, went off to have a look at Andrew Fielke's site, ended up chasing recipes for Risotto Pearl Barley, now an hour later I'm back.  I like the idea of using Pearl Barley for Risotto came across one called Meyer Lemon Risotto,  that could be yummy will try it and if good will post it in a couple of days.  Thanks.  ps.  that Andrew is quite nice to look at.. :-*

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
 :D :D :D :D  Glad you thought so AB, I was thinking the same thing myself - that doesn't happen very often :-))

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Wondered if we had a barley risotto on the forum, yes we do - here it is.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
Thanks JD saves me experimenting, I will add some Meyer Lemon zest at the end and see how it goes.  Have some chicken breast soaking for Chookies KFC coating, and just made some soup from all the bits and pieces in the fridge.  Raining here so cooking is just the thing to do.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
yes,  he does look good. Although not so good after several hours of cooking.  Much like the restof us.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Goldfish I will post that recipe when I have a moment.  I thought the one made on the night had too much zest ,  but this can be adjusted.