Author Topic: My TMX won't play with me anymore  (Read 20549 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: My TMX won't play with me anymore
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2010, 10:37:24 am »
Yay, he is back  ;D ;D ;D  After almost 2 weeks away and an extra 6 days at home unable to be used, my dear boy has been fixed and already put to work with the first stage of making some sourdough rolls - will finish off in the morning and bake them.
Ever wondered how many hours work your machine has done girls?  Well, due to the black box they are able to tell and I was informed I had used my machine quite a lot, in fact 2,500 hours.  The cracked bit was in fact the actual base of the machine (the grey bit on the bottom with the feet for the scales).  The crack was inside so not visible to me when cleaning it and this obviously caused my timer to be thrown out of wack.  I asked the question - how much would this have cost me if it had been out of warranty - around the $200 mark I was told.  Now life can return to normal.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2010, 10:57:04 am »
I'm so pleased for you JD.... just think, if the machine has done 2,500 hours, you must have done even more than that  ;D ;D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2010, 11:49:46 am »
JD,  I'm  delighted that you have got your TMX back.   Bread first then what?  Is 2500 a lot in the life of a machine?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2010, 12:24:30 pm »
I have no idea Chookie, maybe someone who knows will tell us but it sure sounds a lot to me. Have made Chelsea's slice and tomorrow thinking of pizzas.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2010, 01:48:49 pm »
Wonderful news Judy that your beloved TM is back and repaired under the warranty. ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2010, 02:05:23 pm »
Wonderful news JD.  :)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2010, 02:27:15 pm »
Great news Judy.  Sounds like you're straight back into it again.  :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2010, 02:30:35 pm »
I was so excited to see him again JulieO that I was stroking him gently and talking to him - DH just shook his head  :D :D  His peaceful existence is now over and once again he will have to contend with the noises coming from the kitchen.  Mind you, it doesn't seem to be as loud as it was before.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 02:08:30 am by judydawn »

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2010, 03:04:55 pm »
What a relief to have him back again and safely fixed JD!  :-*

I wonder how many hours mine has done?  Almost hope I never need to find out though!  ;)
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline MacGuffin

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2010, 03:07:52 pm »
I was so excited to see him again JulieO that I was stroking him gently and talking to him [...].
LOL judydawn, I've been following this thread with interest (given that the breakdown of a very expensive appliance is pretty significant), and it's nice to know I'm not the only lunatic. I very often give my Norwalk juicer and my Vita-Mix little pats, loving wipe-downs (to the exclusion of the rest of my home, which is a mess), and verbal thanks for a job well done. They work hard for us--why shouldn't we show them our appreciation?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 03:09:41 pm by MacGuffin »
Karen in NYC

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2010, 02:00:11 am »
Great news JD. I'm not surprised at the number of hours work your TMX has done - you have so many reviews and original recipes on here. What is amazing is when you consider a cake is only about 30-40 seconds in the machine. Thats a lot of cakes  :) :)
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2010, 02:15:54 am »
Glad to hear I am not the only one MacGuffin  :D :D
It would be a lot of cakes VHJ but I think my time gets racked up more with mains and soups.
Ceejay, you are right, no need to find out what your black box reveals - would be nice to be able to retrieve that information ourselves though. I think you would find anyone who uses their machine daily or many times in a day and have had it as long as mine, would also be up around that figure or even more perhaps.
Thanks for your interest in my problem girls - here's hoping you all have a trouble free run with your machine.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2010, 09:31:18 am »
yay JD ..so glad to hear you have him back and finally can get back into cooking the thousands of many delish meals!!

2500 does sound alot but im sure once you broke it down to average time per meal divided by how many meals a day over the period you have had yoru machine it isnt that much really!  my husband does that to me with grocerys or other...mega bills..he looks at how many items i have bought divides it by that number and if it comes close to the average price of an item then he just says no its fine lol!  So now thats how i approach big numbers!!  :P

glad to hear you back in teh kitchen anyway jd  :) :) :) :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2010, 11:13:09 am »
Yah glad you got it back!!!
does sound like a lot of hours - but think of all the hours you've saved when it was happilly stirring your meals for you!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2010, 12:34:10 am »
My my Judy that is a lot of hours. Amazing. So glad you have it back. I am giving mine a big hug.

Gretch
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.