Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7861709 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #36855 on: March 07, 2019, 07:57:19 pm »
Best of luck for today Chookie and Ral.
Chance obviously not 100% yet Denise.
When the vet scanned Chance there still is a slight infection. If you saw him you wouldn’t know he had been ill as he still running around like a young dog.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #36856 on: March 07, 2019, 09:03:32 pm »
CC, hope they can treat the infection. Dogs are truely amazing.  DD big white dog that we sometimes look after had an operation in his leg.  He doesn’t complain , just limps around and comes for a cuddle.
Another beautiful Autumn day.  23 degrees. We haven’t had rain for weeks.  The water in the dam is dropping.  The local Wildlife Park is asking for gum leaves for the baby Koalas.  We might be able to help out.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #36857 on: March 08, 2019, 02:42:54 am »
CC, hope they can treat the infection. Dogs are truely amazing.  DD big white dog that we sometimes look after had an operation in his leg.  He doesn’t complain , just limps around and comes for a cuddle.
Another beautiful Autumn day.  23 degrees. We haven’t had rain for weeks.  The water in the dam is dropping.  The local Wildlife Park is asking for gum leaves for the baby Koalas.  We might be able to help out.
I have been feeling very concerned for the wildlife for a while now ... not that we have a lawn ... we have a big area of weeds instead ... but there is not a green leaf or blade of grass any where on our property.  It is great if you have leave for the young koalas.  The kangaroos come in to our place, but there is nothing for them.  We don't have koalas.  The birds have stripped all our fruit and, although we fill up bird baths with water, they are have all dried out by the time we are back the following week.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #36858 on: March 08, 2019, 10:26:12 pm »
Good morning all, anyone heard about Thermomix T6 coming out.
Just seen something on face book.

Shopping today, My pizza machine died last night, so I need another. (remember when lots of us bought one about 4-5 years ago.) :)

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #36859 on: March 09, 2019, 12:24:41 am »
Good morning all, anyone heard about Thermomix T6 coming out.
Just seen something on face book.

Shopping today, My pizza machine died last night, so I need another. (remember when lots of us bought one about 4-5 years ago.) :)
Yes, I got an email this morning advising about the TM6 but didn't really read it as I am not interested, I'm still a TM31 gal through and through!  It is disappointing that the TM5 didn't last long - the poor consultants must be angry if they all have to buy yet another model.  I am sure we will hear more as the days go by.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36860 on: March 09, 2019, 01:05:09 am »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #36861 on: March 09, 2019, 03:59:37 am »
I won't be buying one.  I like my TM31 too much.
Our TV died yesterday so had to buy another one.  I'm now waiting for DS to come and program it for me.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 04:03:34 am by mab19 »
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #36862 on: March 09, 2019, 09:12:54 am »
Mab, is your new TV a smart one. ?   We bought one and it was too smart for us and had to get DS to set it up.  That was 3 years ago and it is still smarter than us.
Not sure  about the new TMX.  My scales are not working so I probably need a new one.  ;D
The thing is I like to convert recipes so can’t see much point in one that has hundreds of recipes.
It also tells us a lot about the 5. Or rather confirms what we think of it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36863 on: March 09, 2019, 09:37:52 am »
My scales on my TM31 haven’t worked for ages Chookie, I have no problem with using a set of digital scales to weigh things.  The newer machines have gotten to be too fandangled for me so if I have problems with mine I will just get it fixed for as long as it can be.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36864 on: March 09, 2019, 09:52:27 am »
I also received the email about the 6. I won't be getting one. The wifi is going to be all in the machine, not just with the cook key.  I think it is going towards people who need to be told turn the speed to 3, heat to 37, and time 5 seconds. Then it beeps and you touch ' next' and do it all over again. I do like the cook key but it takes all the expertise and fun out of it. We had to really learn a new way of cooking with the 31. I still love mine and use it a lot.
Judy my scales have given up on the 31 too.  I just use my digital scales but I do miss the convenience.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36865 on: March 09, 2019, 09:56:39 am »
I am totally unsuprised that Thermomix is updating. The engineering of the TM5 had been in the works for a long time but the digital component was out of date before it was launched. They have been scrambling to get up to date ever since.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #36866 on: March 09, 2019, 10:09:18 am »
I’m wondering with the WiFi if it would be possible to link with my recipes on my Blog.  Wishful thinking. I’ll probably be 100 before they realise that is important to some of us. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to link up with RTE and and adapt her recipes to TMX as you go and the machine accepting this as a conversion.
DS says it is possible to build our own chip.  He said he could do it but it would be illegal.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #36867 on: March 09, 2019, 10:22:31 pm »
 :D gosh 5 years has gone fast since TM5 came out.  I 've had thermies for 10 years this year.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #36868 on: March 10, 2019, 12:31:03 am »
Mab, is your new TV a smart one. ?   We bought one and it was too smart for us and had to get DS to set it up.  That was 3 years ago and it is still smarter than us.

Chookie, I am not sure if our TV is a smart one or not.  All I know is it is definately  smarter than me.  We managed to get it going but that is as far as we got.  Just waiting for DS to arrive to program things in.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #36869 on: March 10, 2019, 04:50:15 am »
Yes found out yesterday there was TM6 coming soon ! Pity so soon after TM5 but if you are upgrading from TM31 it would be tempting. Watched a video in German which showed all the new changes . Including a new extra lid instead of putting the basket on top . Slow cooking and soups vide . The measuring cup stays in when removing the lid . I love my TM31 , it’s the work horse but TM5 is used everyday. Two thermomixs is great and a few jugs . The consultants will be fine they will have both . Just a little to dependent on wifi worries me as its not always reliable . If the wifi is slow Will it boot up enough to use ,at DM beach house it is terribly slow especially when everyone is there as huge amout of people on it all the time .