Author Topic: What are your Favourite Pizza Toppings  (Read 20300 times)

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: What are your Favourite Pizza Toppings
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 07:51:06 am »
anything goes these days. frank use to make a tortellini one and a spag bol one 2 yuk yuk
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 01:10:34 pm »
My top three pizza favourites would have to be...

1. Garlic prawn, green capsicum, onion, pineapple and mushroom.
2. Thinly sliced tomato, mushroom, tuna, tinned corn and red capsicum.
3. Sliced leftover vegetables (I like carrot, cauliflower and broccoli) topped with thin slices of tomato.

Yum yum, I want pizza now...

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 02:28:42 pm »
Our family favourite is white crab meat, grated carrot and sweetcorn.  We tend to throw on some black olives too, plus roasted red peppers if we have them.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 09:59:48 am »
We have a wood fired pizza oven out the back and we love thin and crispy bases. Hard to pick a favourite, but a popular one would be drizzle the base with garlic oil (fresh garlic and EVOO whizzed in TM) top with thinly sliced potatoes and sprinkle with rosemary salt. Yum.
Hubby likes anything with hairy fish and chilli.
I have too many favourites to list.

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 11:18:37 am »
Our family favourite is potato pizza, made similarly to Nikit's one above, but I but a little bit of boconccini or mozarella and parmesan on too.  Then some fresh rosemary, a sprinkle of good quality salt and yum, yum.
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 04:10:17 pm »
l like to use left over satay chicken on my pizza

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline berringamababe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 05:04:58 am »
FREE FORM PIZZA - TART
Cut SHORTCRUST pastry sheets into four 20cm circles. Spread a little pesto on each pastry circle, leaving a 2cm border, then roll up the edges to resemble a pizza crust.
Lightly beat 1 egg and a extra yolk and 2 TBLS cream in TM, then  ^^ in 40 g cheese (Mozzeralla and cheddar). Season, then carefully pour over the pizza bases.
Top bases with sundried tomatoes, salami, onion and olives, then bake for 10 minutes on 200oc. Remove from the oven, sprinkle over 40g extra cheese and bake for a further 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and pastry is crisp. Scatter with basil leaves, then cut into wedges and serve.
Yummy just making this for a wet Saturday lunch.

Offline dragongirly

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 06:52:10 am »
Wow berringamababe hat sounds great.  Is now on my to do list  :)
Fiona - who could be working if she wanted to get a job

Offline berringamababe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 08:05:38 am »
Lamb Haloumi Pizza
(just made this one too)
Marinate lamb strips in 1Tbl lemon juice, 2 ts paprika, 2 cl garlic and 2 Tbl Oregano for 30 mins
I used thin and crispy base http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=3491.0
Spread base with pizza sauce, mozzerella, capsicum, olives and Haloumi bake 12 mins

While in oven fry lamb strips for 3 mins then add marinade and cook 1 min cover and rest for 5 mins

Combine diced freash tomato, cucumber and yougurt.
Top base with lamb, pan juice and yogurt mixture.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:01:06 am by judydawn »

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 11:50:42 pm »
CP63’s Favourite Pizza Toppings
     Megan Jane’s Pizza Sauce;        http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=2653.0

Megan Jane’s Tomato Passata’     http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=2193.

Faffa’s Barbeque Sauce      2 cloves garlic; 1 brown onion peeled and halved; 1 red apple cored and halved; 400 gm ripe tomatoes halved; 3 ripe plums, washed and destoned; 100 gm brown sugar; 1 tablespoon smoky paprika; 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce; 2 Tablespoons tomato paste; 100 gm apple cider vinegar; 2 tablespoons treacle; 1 bay leaf.
Chop garlic, onion and apple for 3 seconds on speed 7
Add tomatoes and plums and mix  30 seconds on speed 7
Add all other ingredients and cook for 30 minutes / 100C / speed 1 with MC in place
To thicken sauce cook for another 14 minutes / Varoma / speed 1
To reduce spatter but allow reduction of liquid replace MC with steamer basket
Remove bay leaf and blend for 1 minute  / speed 8
Pour into hot sterilized jars
*******************************************************************************************************
Barbequed Chicken:
Spread  a pizza base with a mixture of Pizza Sauce and Barbeque Sauce; sprinkle with grated cheddar.  Top with shredded cooked chicken, thinly sliced mushrooms and more grated cheese.

Fig & Proscuitto:
Spread a pizza base with Tomato Passata; top with thickly sliced fresh figs, coarsely chopped prosciutto and crumbled blue cheese.  Served sprinkled with flat leaf parsley leaves.

Potato & Rosemary:
Sprinkle a pizza base with grated parmesan; top with thinly sliced uncooked new potatoes, chopped fresh rosemary, thinly sliced garlic and a drizzle of olive oil.

Supreme:
Spread a pizza base with Tomato Passata; sprinkle with grated pizza cheese.  Top with chopped cabanossi, sliced salami, chopped red capsicum and sliced mushrooms.  Sprinkle with cheese.

Spicy Sausage & Bocconcini:
Spread a pizza base with Tomato Passata; top with sliced cooked spicy Italian sausage, chopped chilli and sliced bocconcini.  Serve topped with fresh basil leaves.

Vegetarian:
Spread a pizza base with Passata;  sprinkle with grated mozzarella.  Top with chopped drained chargrilled capsicum, chopped semi-dried tomatoes, sliced black olives and torn fresh basil leaves.  Sprinkle with more grated cheese.

Onion, Anchovy & Olive:
Cook sliced brown onions in butter in a large frying pan until caramelised.  Spread a pizza base with tomato paste; top with the onion, chopped anchovy fillets and black olives.  Top with fresh oregano leaves.

Pepperoni & Olive:
Spread base with Tomato Passata;  sprinkle with grated mozzarella.  Top with pepperoni, black olives and sliced red onion.

Aussie:
Spread base with Tomato Passata; sprinkle with grated cheddar.  Top with thinly sliced bacon.  Gently crack eggs on top of the bacon.  Sprinkle with grated cheese.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 03:59:20 am by judydawn »

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 12:34:30 am »
making me hungry now.. :) :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 03:55:30 am »
Thanks Goldfish  :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 05:26:32 am »
Goldfish you are a star, thanks. :-* :-*
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 06:29:37 am »
OMG! That is fantastic! Thanks goldfish!

mcmich

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 07:57:16 am »
Lamb Haloumi Pizza
(just made this one too)
Marinate lamb strips in 1Tbl lemon juice, 2 ts paprika, 2 cl garlic and 2 Tbl Oregano for 30 mins
I used thin and crispy base http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=3491.0
Spread base with pizza sauce, mozzerella, capsicum, olives and Haloumi bake 12 mins

While in oven fry lamb strips for 3 mins then add marinade and cook 1 min cover and rest for 5 mins

Combine diced freash tomato, cucumber and yougurt.
Top base with lamb, pan juice and yogurt mixture.

Yum BB, that looks delicious.