Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8926800 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #345 on: March 11, 2009, 11:20:47 am »
Tonight for tea we had a version of Joy's version of curried prawns from her website.  Only had 250g cooked prawns so made 1/2 the recipe and when I added the prawns at the end, also added 2 cups of frozen green mix of vegies (broccoli, snowpeas, beans and peas) to stretch it further. We don't like hot curries so I reduced the powders a little and then thickened it with cornflour at the end as it was quite liquidy.  Was still quite hot for us but was very nice and in the end I think our throats got used to the burning sensation! Had some frozen rice which I reheated in the microwave (I should have done this in the varoma tray whilst the curry was cooking).
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 12, 2009, 10:48:04 am »
Like the sound of that, Judy.  Think I might give it a try myself.  Could you post the link to the recipe, please?

We had toad in the hole (batter made in the TM) with steamed broccoli and gravy (both made in TM/Varoma).  Tried steaming the broccoli over the gravy, but it didn't work.  Not liquidy enough, I think (if that's a word!)
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 12, 2009, 11:03:19 am »

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #348 on: March 12, 2009, 11:30:58 pm »
Yesterday I made those devilish Fudgy Wudgy Cookies again, using some chopped dried cumquat.  Very nice addition, giving a jaffa effect.
Bugger, one thing we don't need is another way to enjoy these cookies!! ;D
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #349 on: March 13, 2009, 07:40:44 am »
I went to the gym this morning and afterwards used the TM to make a wholesome protein drink with nuts, fruit and protein powder.

Then I ate 3 of the Fudgy Wudgy's. ::)
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 13, 2009, 08:06:31 am »
Naughty girl ::)!!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #351 on: March 13, 2009, 02:18:20 pm »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 15, 2009, 05:30:14 am »
For lunch today I thought I'd try and oldie but a goldie and was pleasantly surprised it tasted so good! It is so simple to prepare, the cooking takes longer but cheaper cuts need slow, long cooking times and it is worth it. It was a Beef in Beer casserole and I have posted it in the Mains for you to try.  Put it in the thermabowl whilst cooking the mashed potatoes and steaming the vegies above.  A complete meal in my TMX.  Enjoy!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 15, 2009, 06:07:44 am »
yum! we can't have beer anymore, i used to love beef & guiness pies (beer has gluten)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 15, 2009, 06:19:05 am »
I think you can Karen.  I just googled gluten free beers and it was interesting reading.  O'Briens make a few which are gluten free - check it out.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 15, 2009, 06:33:16 am »
yeah i know but we don't love it enough to bother lol (i'm sure they're horrendously expensive like most GF things)
My Cooking Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 16, 2009, 10:09:08 am »
Tonight for tea we had Bron's garlic rice (again!) with Nico Moretti's Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil. He was the guest cooker at a cooking lesson in Adelaide and this recipe is from his book Cooking Passions - food for friends.  Some of his recipes in this book he has converted to the TMX, this being one of them.  I have to say, this is the best meal we have had so far so I have posted the recipe under Mains for you all to try.  Suitable for children as it isn't too spicy.  Why it took me so long to get around to doing this one, I will never know. Let's know what you think of it.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 16, 2009, 10:28:07 am »
tonight i made a daal makhani in the thermomix (lentils with kidney beans and spinach)
My Cooking Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 16, 2009, 01:07:26 pm »
You love your vegetarian meals don't you Karen? I had my vegetarian daughter visit from Melbourne and did all things she liked. After she had gone home, DH requested that next time she comes over, could he please have some meat with his vegetarian meal!!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 17, 2009, 01:34:59 am »
I felt my Thermomix was only doing mundane things (like cooking rice, pasta etc) so I thought I had better do something interesting, therefore I made the Parmesan Grissini yesterday. They were lovely.  I didn't roll them out too thin so they really were bread sticks. Next time I think I'll try sprinkling them with salt before I cook them. Perhaps some nice Murray River pink salt that I bought when we were in Mildura.

We've also started having Joy's orange juice every morning, instead of bought juice. Gee, the fresh tastes so much better. I'd forgotten how good it tasted.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/