Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6131617 times)

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #16380 on: October 28, 2014, 03:57:13 am »
Lovely Gert. Sorry to hear you aren't well, hope you're better soon.

Today we are at McLaren Vale picking up our little dog from Richards Mum & Dads (as they looked after her for us whilst we were away in Tassie). We took them out to lunch at a lovely place in McLaren Vale - more food!
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #16381 on: October 28, 2014, 04:27:35 am »
3 BAS paperwork done today. :)

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16382 on: October 28, 2014, 05:14:51 am »
We eventually got out of bed and dressed ready to tackle Mona.  Presented at the desk to find out how to get there to be told they shut on Tuesdays!  We both felt devastated as we had saved it to finish on a high.  Anyway found a lovely place to have breakfast and spent a wonderful morning in Salamanca place. I am pleased we didn't go to Mona as it showed me a different side to Hobart.  Met some really nice genuine people ( to the point of tearing up twice! - long story but true).  Spent much too much money but had so much fun.
Denise

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #16383 on: October 28, 2014, 05:22:25 am »
Just seeing Robyn's post ... I got my BAS done on Monday, paid my monthly pile of supplier's invoices yesterday, paid my 1/4'ly superannuation today and will pay my Mastercard tomorrow, then staff pays on Thursday ... oh how I hate the last week of the month!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16384 on: October 28, 2014, 08:59:44 am »
Save MONA  for another time and do it first. Worth the effort and get the MONA ROMA in the Posh Pit as it gives you the ferry trip, entrance fee, tour of the vineyard  and wine tasting in the upstairs area of the restaurant which is so worth it for the view. Even if you do not like the exhibits you will appreciate what a wonderful gift this is to city of Hobart and to the country. It is listed in many places as the one of the top ten Things to do.

Oh Marina what a lot of work for you. It has been a long month.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #16385 on: October 28, 2014, 10:00:11 am »
I know the feeling Marina. I had lots of paperwork to catch up with today but didn't get it all done.
Had GS here as he was unwell and then DD was here most of the day with 3 of her kids who were also unwell. Loved having them all and DD1 was here late afternoon after work so was lovely to have her here too.

Soooo excited as Rolling Stones tomorrow night and drinks and dinner before the show with friends.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #16386 on: October 28, 2014, 12:40:48 pm »
Gert - is that Yorkey's Knob now???

WOW! We lived there on our yacht about 20 yeas ago, when there was a donga for an office and another for the dunnies/showers. And the pub was just a stagger, trip, trundle down the road. (Which I did more times than I should have!)

Oh the memories!!! ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16387 on: October 28, 2014, 01:10:02 pm »
Enjoy the Rolling Stones tomorrow night MF, apparently it was a huge success here in Adelaide on Saturday night.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #16388 on: October 28, 2014, 08:35:16 pm »
On the train heading to work. A bit hard to take, after being on holidays for a couple of weeks.
Only about 5% of my work gets done for me whilst I'm away, so I can just imagine the mess waiting for me on my desk. At least I have a couple of days to sort it out before the end of the month.

Have a good day everyone!
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16389 on: October 28, 2014, 08:43:35 pm »
I can empathise with you Katie, none of mine gets done.  I hate returning from holidays, I feel you pay a high price before you leave and on your return.
But it was worth it.
We are still in the " it feels like we have been away a lot longer" phase.  A day at home and you feel like you didn't have one!
Have a good day.
Denise

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #16390 on: October 28, 2014, 08:54:31 pm »
Marina, yes so much paperwork this week, and I have Friday off too. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16391 on: October 28, 2014, 09:14:52 pm »
Gert - is that Yorkey's Knob now???

WOW! We lived there on our yacht about 20 yeas ago, when there was a donga for an office and another for the dunnies/showers. And the pub was just a stagger, trip, trundle down the road. (Which I did more times than I should have!)

Oh the memories!!! ;D

That is the boat club now. When I am next there I will take some pics for you. The now have a breakwater and a Marina. No pub at Yorkeys but the club is good. Big deck over the water and OK food . Sunday sessions . They are improving the ramps and parking are as that is where the large boat moor off shore and bring the trip stars into shore for their day trips. That is until they dredge the harbour in town. Some boats can get into the inlet. Others not.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16392 on: October 29, 2014, 06:17:44 am »
Did a tiny bit of shopping this morning and being a caring Mum to DD who has come down with the throat/coughing bug. I think I am driving her crazy to be honest. She is like DH and prefers to be left alone when sick.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #16393 on: October 29, 2014, 08:23:25 am »
Enjoy the Rolling Stones tomorrow night MF, apparently it was a huge success here in Adelaide on Saturday night.

Thanks JD I am sooooo excited and getting ready to go soon as we are going for dinner with friends before my big date with Mick  ;D
He better not stand me up again this time  ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16394 on: October 29, 2014, 09:54:42 am »
I think we all like to be left alone when we're sick cookie except for when we want something to drink, something comforting to eat or just a sympathetic cuddle from our Mummy.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.