Author Topic: Freezer meals  (Read 3662 times)

Offline debetha

• View Profile
Freezer meals
« on: October 31, 2010, 12:10:59 pm »
Not really a single recipe request, but anyone got any good recipes to freeze? Trying to stock the freezer before the new baby arrives.
Thanks!
deb
deb

loving my tmx!

Offline mel81q

• View Profile
Re: Freezer meals
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 01:16:47 am »
I make and freeze the chicken cordon bleu, they reheat really easily in the oven, and then i just do some veggies in the Varoma. I also freeze the curried sausages as well. Hope this helps

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 01:32:03 am »
We always seem to have leftovers so I basically freeze anything. Lasagne freezes well as do most casseroles and pies.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 05:51:54 am »
I'm with Cookie on this one as I also freeze many of my leftovers if I do a full quantity recipe.

Johnro's Macaroni Beef, Chookie's Chow Mein, JulieO's Beef Enchiladas, the recipe I posted of Nico Moretti's Thai Chilli Chicken & Basil, riv_mum's Chicken, ricotta & spinach cannelloni - just a few of those I have frozen successfully, there are many more. Chelsea's Chicken Kiev can be prepared and frozen just like the cordon bleu mel81q mentioned and then of course the old favourite, spaghetti bolognaise sauce (Ragu in the EDC).  Plenty of things for variety debetha - when is the baby due?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline debetha

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 12:59:01 pm »
Thnx
Baby due Xmas eve, although #4 so rarely have leftovers!! Going to start filling the freezer, but might do a combo tmx & stove - using the tmx for sauces, stocks etc
Although must  try the chicken kievs b4 then, they sound yum!
deb

loving my tmx!