Author Topic: Low carb. bread  (Read 5678 times)

Offline janecee

• View Profile
Low carb. bread
« on: May 08, 2009, 12:11:59 pm »
Here is my son's adaptation of a low carb bread recipe from somewhere! There are so many of them out there.

Gluten powder                     150gm
Gound almonds                     150gm   (You can of course mill your own blanched almonds)
Linseed                                75gm
Dried yeast (instant sort)        2 teaspoons (I use the measure from my bread maker)
Sugar                                   1 teaspoon
Water                                  260 gm

Weigh the linseed into the TM bowl and grind at speed 10 for a few secs until 'flourlike'
Weigh/Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix 20secs/speed 3 to combine.
Set timer for 2 to 3 mins, put speed dial to locked position and press the Dough/Knead button.
Remove lid and turn TM bowl upside down to remove the dough and press lightly into a 2lb loaf tin or divide into 12 for rolls.
Leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size
Bake 225 degrees C for about 25 mins for a loaf or 12-15 mins for rolls

You do not need to add any fat or oil as the linseed is in itself oily.  Neither do you need to glaze as it bakes with a glossy finish.

When cool I slice it with a food slicer, bag it and put into the freezer as I don't eat enough of it to get through the loaf before it is stale.  Because of the linseed, the slices separate easily when you take them from the freezer.  It toasts beautifully and is very acceptable as bread.  You can add seeds etc to the ingredients, basically follow the bread recipe in the UK TM31 Recipe book 'Fast and Easy Cooking'

I will try to add some photos when I next bake.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Low carb. bread
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 11:55:22 pm »

When cool I slice it with a food slicer, bag it and put into the freezer as I don't eat enough of it to get through the loaf before it is stale.  Because of the linseed, the slices separate easily when you take them from the freezer.  It toasts beautifully and is very acceptable as bread. 

Thanks for the recipe and the tips.  We don't eat much bread so that sounds good.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.