Author Topic: Jam Doughnut Muffins (With Photo)  (Read 26794 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Jam Doughnut Muffins (With Photo)
« on: July 23, 2011, 05:42:02 am »
Jam Doughnut Muffins ( Converted from Taste.com.au, Source Valli Little)

Makes 12

Ingredients

300 g Self Raising flour
200g Caster Sugar, Plus 50g extra for coating
70g vegetable oil
1 large egg
175g milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 tsp jam (I used Raspberry)
20g extra butter
1/2 tsp Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 180 C and place muffin papers in a 12 cup muffin tray.

Place flour into TM, add pinch of salt and caster sugar,
Add the oil, egg, milk and vanilla and mix 6 seconds speed 3 until just combined.
Finish mixing with spatula if not quiet mixed.

Place a spoonful of mixture in each muffin paper and make an indent in the center of mixture. fill each indent with a generous 1/2 tsp of jam. Cover the jam with remaining muffin mixture and bake 20 minutes.

Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.

Meanwhile melt butter and in a separate bowl combine the extra sugar and cinnamon.
When the muffins are cool enough to handle brush the tops of each one with melted butter and dip in cinnamon sugar. Enjoy.

members' comments

maddy - I love raspberry jam too and I use buttermilk......and I'm real bad because I double crust the muffins with the butter/sugar mix.

Caroline J - Yummy but my jam sank to the bottom so weren't as pretty as the picture. Would definitely make again!

johnro - These were so easy and delicious - thanks for posting Dede. Did the x 2 sugar as posted by Maddy.

thermo18 - just loved these muffins, they were so delicious and will definitely make again.

KerrynN - I asked my DH to make me 'something yummy' and this is what he chose. Hit the spot perfectly. The jam he used was plum and it sat very nicely in the middle.

KazAndCo - I've just finished making these & they smell YUM!!!

Cookie-la-la - I've made these a few times now. The first time, my jam sank to the bottom, the next time, I put the jam in on top, still sank so last time, I piped the jam in after the cooking process was all over - success!

maddy - This recipe worked great in the electric cake pop maker.....only 4 1/2 minutes to cook. I didn't bother injecting with jam....maybe next time.

Denzelmum - made this for DD's lunchbox, mixed of raw sugar and rapadura.  Six in the muffin tin and six on the muffin top without jam filling.  And I leave it plain without topping.  Both DD and DS enjoyed this, gone in no time.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:56:40 am by judydawn »
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline opi2kenopi

• View Profile
    • The Opies: Family Food
Re: Jam Doughnut Muffins (With Photo)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 05:56:30 am »
Thanks for converting this!  I saw this one on Taste and am definitely going to make them.  :D

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 05:59:12 am »
Talk about mental telepathy Dede!!!
I popped the oven on, and pulled this taste recipe out to make these, even before I have just read your post  :o :D
Great minds huh  8)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 06:08:07 am »
lol Maddy, thats funny.
Definitely great minds. the original recipe has the entire muffin coated in the Cinnamon sugar mix but I chose to just cover the tops. They are nice a light muffins with a definite doughnut flavor. Yum Yum.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 06:47:28 am »
Can I blame you for any weight gain dede? ;) ;) I love your recipes.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 07:25:44 am »
lol Cookie1, I'm happy to say I haven't put on any weight since owning my TM (Haven't lost any either  :-)) )
I do love cooking  ;D.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 08:39:06 am »
I love raspberry jam too, and I use buttermilk......and I'm real bad because I double crust the muffins with the butter/sugar mix  :-*

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 08:58:16 am »
They look great Maddy, Have you tried one yet?

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 11:21:21 am »
Thanks for the recipe Dede  :-* I like the idea of Maddy's of a double dip crust to the muffins.I was so tempted to make these today but I have three mangy bananas that need using. :P
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 12:12:20 pm »
they look very nice dede. I have put on so much weight since having my TM that I really have to rein myself in from making too many sweet things. Having said that, I will have to give these a go soon as I love a little jam surprise in the middle.

CC there is a really delicious Banana Cake in my list of favourites that will take care of your bananas. I have made it when the bananas were just so disgusting, but the cake turned out a treat. I will never forget that cake cos no sooner had I made it and it was iced, my kids turned up with about 8 little kids they were looking after at a camp for underpriviledged kids and it was scoffed down and enjoyed like you wouldn't believe. I loved seeing their faces, and there was not a crumb in sight.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 05:14:18 pm »
they look very nice dede. I have put on so much weight since having my TM that I really have to rein myself in from making too many sweet things. Having said that, I will have to give these a go soon as I love a little jam surprise in the middle.

CC there is a really delicious Banana Cake in my list of favourites that will take care of your bananas. I have made it when the bananas were just so disgusting, but the cake turned out a treat. I will never forget that cake cos no sooner had I made it and it was iced, my kids turned up with about 8 little kids they were looking after at a camp for underpriviledged kids and it was scoffed down and enjoyed like you wouldn't believe. I loved seeing their faces, and there was not a crumb in sight.
Thanks CP for the Banana Cake recipe but I couldn't fathom out what constituted a small cup of brown sugar ??? So I used another recipe. ;D Nice touch about the story behind the making of the cake. 8)
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 04:14:49 am »
CC I use 130g brown sugar
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2011, 11:10:00 am »
CC I use 130g brown sugar
Thanks CP :-* I've added the amount to my copy of the recipe.

Offline Caroline J

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 06:13:17 am »
Just made these :)  Yummy, but my jam sank to the bottom so weren't as pretty as the picture!
Would definitely make again!

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 06:37:29 am »
Yeah mine jam was closer to the bottom as well. but still tasted great.