Author Topic: USA Thermomix  (Read 78604 times)

Offline MacGuffin

• View Profile
Re: USA Thermomix
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2014, 11:00:48 pm »
Were they sold by consultants? Does anyone know the story of Thermomix's short foray into the U.S. market?
Karen in NYC

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2014, 07:44:15 am »
Sorry I've no knowledge of the history of the TM21 in the US but I sure wish Vorwrk would hurry and just release the TM5 into the U.S because I want one. Even my hubby (who was dead against the purchase of TM31 originally) is missing the presence of a thermal cooker in the house!
From Perth WA

Offline Melissa USA Consultant

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2015, 03:21:56 pm »
Well, they did it! Thermomix TM5 is now officially being sold in the US.

I am one of the very first Thermomix US consultants, and could not be more excited. The business model is the same here as elsewhere, we do demos in people's homes to show off the amazing capabilities. The US version of the TM5 toggles between metric and US weights, as well as using Fahrenheit temperatures.We have a US version of the Basic Cookbook and the Recipe Chip, all with US-style recipes.

The current launch is small (consultants mostly in the Los Angeles area) but the product can be sold anywhere in the US. If you are interested, please feel free to reach out to me at melissa.thermomixus@gmail.com.

Happy Thermomixing!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2015, 05:34:15 pm »
Welcome to the forum Melissa.
Congratulations on becoming one of the first USA Thermomix Consulants.(Consultants are now called Advisors here in the UK)  I wish you all the best on your Thermomix journey.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 05:49:53 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• Thermomix blogging fan from Canada.
    • View Profile
    • SuperKitchenMachine is an unofficial fan blog for fun cooking with Thermomix!
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2015, 08:11:10 pm »
Congrats to you Melissa! Some of us have been waiting YEARS to see Thermomix land for sale in USA  :) I can't wait to see our fave kitchen machine become more popular (across North America) as consultants like yourself master the challenge of educating Americans to this fun new way of cooking. WooHOO!!!
ThermomixBlogger Helene

News, recipes and videos for Thermomix fans
around the world and at home.
Click: http://www.superkitchenmachine.com

Also Kitchen Kits for people who love Thermomix!
http://SuperKitchenKits.com

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2015, 08:51:16 pm »
Welcome to the Forum Melissa. That is very exciting.  There are some fab, very American recipes and some already on this Forum. Go for it and we will help with weight and temperature conversions where possible.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2015, 11:56:46 pm »
The forum welcomes you with open arms Melissa, congratulations to all those who have worked behind the scenes to finally get to this stage. I wish you every success with your new venture, please do keep in touch and let us know how people are accepting this new way of cooking. I'd love to see an index of your cookbook to see how our basic recipes differ.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2015, 01:02:33 am »
Congratulations Melissa, on becoming one of the first consultants in the USA. We all love our machines and are thrilled that you have joined us.
As Judy said, please keep in touch. We would love to hear how things are going. We'd also love it if some of your customers joined our forum too. We have members from all over the world.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2016, 07:12:10 pm »
Thank you all for such a warm welcome! I am super busy these days, trying to get the word out to people that Thermomix is here, and the reception I am getting so far is wonderful. Not surprisingly, most of my early customers are people who have seen or owned a Thermomix in another country and are as thrilled as I am that Thermomix has finally made it to the US.

I will definitely let all my customers know about this Forum. It has been a wonderful resource for me over the 6 years that I used my TM31 (purchased from Canada) and I know it will be just as wonderful a resource for my customers now.

JudyDawn, I am do have photos of the index for the US Cookbook and am attaching one of the pages. My understanding is that of the 170-ish recipes in the Basic Cookbook, about 110 are the same across countries, while about 60 are specific to each country. You guys wil have to tell me if that seems true to you!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2016, 09:41:05 pm »
Good luck with all in the USA Melissa. I am sure you will be a very successful consultant. Let us hope when they produce new cookbooks for the US that Vorwerk takes notice of translating recipes from other countries. As an Aussie/Yank  I know they will embrace the technology but have little patience for recipes that contain unfamiliar or hard to find  ingredients and I really feel the "Betty Crocker" style of cooking is hard to compete with. Making things from scratch is a wee bit alien to the majority of cooks. Educating the palate to accept "real flavours" will be a test for sure.

I can't wait for the feedback from users regarding the recipes. Please keep is up to date or direct us to any reviews we would enjoy.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline spersephone

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2016, 11:32:16 am »
I read a lot of US magazines and sometimes see cooking shows. I am amazed at some of the really processed foods that are ingredients, such as instant whipped cream. I'm pretty sure we have them too, but not as many options. However, I'm disappointed by recipes that say add this can, this jar, this tube etc. I want to make things from scratch if it's feasible, unless I'm looking specifically for a shortcut. Different demographics I guess, but I wonder how difficult that will be for some who are unused to sourcing basic ingredients.

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2016, 05:38:57 pm »
I think your points about the American tendency to buy pre-made products are true, but I am very comfortable that this won't be a problem in terms of showing Americans the value of the Thermomix. That's the wonderful thing abut the Thermomix, it doesn't just solve one problem. Yes, it will sell to people who want more homemade, whole foods, but it will also appeal to people who want to save time, money, or counter space, like high tech gadgets (and there are tons of these folks!), people who hate to cook, people who love to cook, etc. And the numbers are on our side - there are 320 million people in the US (compared to about 23 million in Australia). So only a small percentage of the US population needs to care about making and eating fresh, whole foods to have a very big number of people to sell on this capability  :) And maybe when these folks start showing their friends and families how easy it is to make great, fresh food, we can even begin to change some minds!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2016, 01:14:54 am »
Melissa. Go for it. We are all behind you. The stats are certainly on your side.
We will be very interested to see what recipes prove popular. My Blog gets quite a few hits from USA. Usually for recipes that are a bit unusual.
When I first developed a spice recipe for K FC ,( Kerrie Fried Chicken), it was very popular. Seems to have slipped off the radar a bit now.
I am fascinated by the number of recipes that have bought cookie dough as a base.
Good luck and please keep us posted.

Offline spersephone

• View Profile
USA Thermomix
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2016, 11:21:52 am »
That's true, your demographics are so much better than ours. TiVo failed here even though we have many enthusiasts, but not enough to make it viable. A small proportion of Thermomix lovers in US would dwarf our sales!

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2016, 01:34:18 am »
Yes it was a pity Tivo failed as it was a great device and easy to use.