Author Topic: Quick Cooking/Low Temperature  (Read 3888 times)

Offline cathj04

• View Profile
Quick Cooking/Low Temperature
« on: June 13, 2011, 02:55:59 am »
HI,

I am about to purchase a thermomix, in the process of ordering it.

I jsut wanted to check though, how does it cook quickly with lower temperatures. Is it like a pressure cooker once the lid is sealed , and even though you might set the temperature at 100 for example, it may heat up to 200 inside once it is sealed and there is steam trapped inside ?

thanks
Cath

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Cooking/Low Temperature
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 03:17:16 am »
Hi Cath and welcome  :)

The lid isn't sealed as such that pressure can build up as the steam escapes around the MC (the measuring cup) that goes in the hole of the lid. Where you can insert your spatula to stir foods and assist with things like sorbet.

The temp is thermostatically controlled, it cooks quickly by the food being continually stirred (so even cooking) and the enclosed (so to speak) bowl maintaining the heat.

Hope this helps  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 03:52:56 am »
its nothing like a pressure cooker. Basically on the cooking side, iits more like a saucepan with controllable heat and a little helper inside to stir while you do other things. just like a saucepan, you can add the varoma to steam on top. have you been to a demo yet?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cathj04

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 04:14:45 am »
Yep, been to a demo .... a long time ago though. I forgot about the lid not sealing like i was thinking. I am sold on it, and have seen it in action, I was just pondering why it can cook quickly at slow temps and wanted to make sure it was nothing to do with pressure and high temps.

thanks
Cathy

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 04:54:24 am »
Understand that Cathy, a lot of people are very wary of the pressure cookers and some for very good reasons. You are truly very safe with the TMX so go for it!!  ;D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!