Author Topic: So much to try but so tired!  (Read 4861 times)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
So much to try but so tired!
« on: August 24, 2011, 05:29:24 am »
Having only had the TMX just under two weeks there are so many recipes I want to try but I'm so tired! With only a week before bub is due, I have experimented with a range of recipes, usually with success and am very happy with the purchase. However, I want to try more but my body is saying it needs rest. I still try to make 1-2 things per day and am loving the bread recipes as they fill me up!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: So much to try but so tired!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 06:52:52 am »
Tasty,  if you feel tired, rest.  Bub is more NB than trying new recipes.  The TMX and Forum will still be there.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 06:55:02 am »
Tasty I would be resting because once bub arrives you will need that rest...you can cook and test new recipes later...!!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 07:39:07 am »
Your body is only telling you that for your own good Tasty - listen to it and stop for a while, put your feet up and get back to the kitchen when you are fully rested. You have a lifetime ahead of you to play with your TMX, at the moment your health and that of the baby is far more important.  Hats off to you though for trying to hang in there  :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 08:11:32 am »
How exciting and goodluck Tasty!  :D

Let everyone pamper and cook for you in your last week.....when else can you milk it?  :P
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 08:35:16 am »
Don't worry - I usually listen to my body and rest when I have to. I had to have a nap soon after getting up this morning as I found it hard to go to sleep last night. And I'm about to have another nap now. Daytime naps are more satisfying than sleeping at night.

However, I should be right to make at least one thing in the TMX today :)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 11:33:34 am »
Oh Tasty you would be tired and ready to pop I would think. I remember being like that. Rest up and cook when your feeling more energetic.
Good luck with your new bub.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 11:51:12 am »
Tasty, rest up, you will need all your energy to push, then once your little angel is born you will get less than 4 hours at a time. Tell DH to learn how to use TM. It Will be fantastic if he could whip up a meal.

How exciting for you a new born baby to love and cherish.

Hally
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 02:38:27 pm »
your baby could be closer than you expect. sometimes as you near the end of your tri-mester(? haven't been preggers for so long I have lost the lingo) you get the 'nesting' urge and that is to get absolutely everything ready. you don't realise what you are doing and no one else really notices either because its not 'manic' behavior. my advice is - try and take it easy because from now onwards for the rest of your life you will always have someone else other than you to think of.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 07:52:43 am »
Very true CP. My nesting instinct really kicked in with 2-3 days to go. I can remember getting up at 1am to dust the top shelves of my walk in wardrobe. It was very urgent and couldn't wait until morning. I must have driven my poor DH mad. ;D ;D ;D

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 08:19:26 am »
If you really want to cook make meals  and freeze them ,you will have a nice supply when you really need them. 

ciao
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 10:05:55 am »
Well I didn't make anything in the TMX yesterday and took the opportunity to rest.

Today I feel a lot better and have more energy but haven't been home to use it until now.

Feeling a little anxious about the possibility of being induced so I'm hoping bubby decides to come at some point during the next two weeks.

As for making meals and freezing, got quite a few in there at the moment but will try to do a bit more if I feel like it in the next week.