Author Topic: Lunch with Cornish Cream for Victorian Forum Members, and interstaters.  (Read 176244 times)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: Lunch with Cornish Cream for Victorian Forum Members, and interstaters.
« Reply #180 on: June 27, 2013, 07:20:46 am »
Uni i have space for another in my car both there and back. At the moment I'm picking up Karen and Gert (assuming she is able to get flights) from one of the hotels at the airport. Let me know if you need a lift and we can organise a pick up point.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #181 on: June 27, 2013, 07:26:03 am »
Thank you all who have offered.  I will do my best to spoil you all on the 11th. Talk to Uni.  It looks like it will all depend on flights home.  You are welcome to stay here until it is convenient to go to the airport.

mcmich

« Reply #182 on: June 27, 2013, 07:36:05 am »
Chookie, thankyou for everything you and Ral are doing. It is so generous of you both. Anything at all I can do or bring please let me know. What a fun day we are all in for.  :D

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 27, 2013, 07:46:00 am »
I have not booked my  accommodation yet ,Wonder do u know the name of the hotel that Karen is staying at

Mich, talk soon  ;D

kimm is that on your way ?
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 27, 2013, 08:01:43 am »
Karen is staying at the Park Royal which is at the airport uni  and very convenient as the city is further in the other direction from Chookies place . That is whyI was going to stay there to make it an easy pick up with Karen.

Velocity is offering a 15% discount at the Park Royal at the moment if you are A member.

I am not now able to come as the flights just don't work from far north  Queensland. Wonder kindly  offered to pick us both up there  as it is not too far out of her way.  If there is someone else to pick you up from the city that would work to pick you up from somewhere there. But you still have to hike it back to the airport. The taxi from the airport to the city is an added cost so you might just want to stay at the airport.

I posted previously a thank you for all who helped and when I was working on a plan but sadly no can do. You have all been very generous.

Gert
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:05:21 am by Gertbysea »
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 27, 2013, 08:02:31 am »
Wow, this thing is getting bigger than Ben Hur... hope you can fit us all in chookie!
I can also help out with rides for 1 or 2 (if you don't mind sharing back seat with kids) - I live close to the city so picking up from there would be no problem. If anyone needs a ride PM me as I'm not on the forum much at the moment.
Melbourne, inner north

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 27, 2013, 08:36:26 am »
With Gert not able to make it I have room for myself plus three others or four if we are short on spaces. I'm also happy to drop back into the city if needed as it's not that far on the freeway. I'm also easy on times as I've got DH doing the Sunday sport and pick up / drop offs so have the whole day free.  it sounds like there will be a lot of cars coming and going so people can swap around a bit depending on when they are wanting to leave and here they are needing to be dropped off.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 27, 2013, 08:44:34 am »
Turning an even darker green with envy!!! Uni, so glad you decided to go!! For heavens sake, everyone take lots of photos!!!! :)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #188 on: June 27, 2013, 10:48:30 am »
We can seat 20 at one long table.  There will be an assortment of chairs, but everyone will have a seat.  We will probably do a shuffle after way through the meal so that everyone will get a chance to meet others. It will be a buffet ,probably roast Turkey with roast veggies etc,  and quiche for vegetarians. I will do several sweets and cheese and biscuits. If this doesn't suit,  please PM me.  A reminder that we are having a lucky dip.  so if everyone could bring a small gift of something home made or if bought ,  not more than $10.
Ral and I are very touched by the kindness members are showing in getting people here.  I will post maps,  once I know from where people are coming.  GPS should work,  but just in case.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 27, 2013, 10:53:30 am »
A bit like a car rally Chookie but with us all being winners at the end  ;D :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

« Reply #190 on: June 27, 2013, 11:08:39 am »
Oh Chookie, it all sounds amazing. Whatever you do will be fine.

As we have an apartment DH will make his famous egg and bacon pie. It's really good. A bit nervous serving you eggs when you have your own chooks.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #191 on: June 27, 2013, 01:12:45 pm »
Michele ,  that sounds great.  But if you are both too busy living it up don't worry.   
Judy,  really looking forward to seeing you again.   Looks like good fun.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 27, 2013, 01:23:49 pm »
Sounds fantastic chookie. I am so happy to be coming, will happily sit on the floor :)

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 27, 2013, 10:51:24 pm »
I still don't know if I'll make it but I promise to let you know one way or the other
I do the best I can

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #194 on: June 27, 2013, 11:50:27 pm »
Kimmyh, lol,  no need to sit on floor unless this is what you like.

Thanks Chrissa, hope you can come.