Author Topic: I think I have a dudd :(  (Read 13147 times)

Offline leo081977

• View Profile
I think I have a dudd :(
« on: June 19, 2010, 06:45:47 am »
Hi all,

My TMX is dead for the 2nd time in about a month....it has been to the TMX dr a couple of weeks ago, and was fine until today...

Ok first trip...lid was ultra stiff,just wouldnt turn on without heaps of pressure to shut the lid, scales jumped...pretty basic stuff, fixed no worries...

Today...plugged it in...every button is on. Press the scales button and it jumps to 1 minute then counts down really fast. Does the same for every button??? Turned it off and left it...back on same again (different power point, just incase)...so much for all the things I had planned to make for my youngest daughters birthday TODAY!

Any ideas?? Is there a reset button somewhere on it??? Or have I just got an ultra dudd...getting close to demanding my money back!

Kaylene

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
Re: I think I have a dudd :(
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 06:52:17 am »
Don't know of any buttons. So sorry to hear about your situation. Must be incredibly frustrating, especially considering how important today is and how much you need it right now.
Hope to hear of a good outcome.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 07:46:17 am »
So sorry to hear that Kaylene, just when you really needed it too.  What a pity it is Saturday and you can't get an immediate answer from a technician.  I'd be peed off too >:( >:( >:(
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 01:00:27 pm »
Oh dear Leo. Call your consultant!!
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline leo081977

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 02:55:27 pm »
Hi again :)

The bloody thing seems to be working again now???!!! No idea whats happened, whether it is electrical related or what?! Have spoken to my consultant too and will call head office Monday. Was just a major pain as I had party food to prepare. Didnt end up making half the stuff I had planned...lucky several people didnt show up!

Hoping this is the last of it...will not use that outlet again I think...

Kaylene.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 03:44:26 pm »
Mine recently went back again after being repaired and apparently there was a wire loose, causing some strange screen things. Only a guess, but perhaps that's what has happened to you.

It didn't happen all the time just 2 or 3 times out of the blue. Would highly recommend that you get it checked out anyway.
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline leo081977

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 06:14:30 am »
yes i think I will...if it was a $10 appliance I wouldnt bother...but its not something I can replace if it gets burnt out...suppose I am lucky its just a 20 minute drive away and not a plane flight ;)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 10:41:09 am »
That is ghastly.  As you say with an appliance that is the cost a TMX is it shouldn't go dud once let alone twice.  Let us know how you get on. :'(
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 09:25:18 am »
Hi Kaylene - did your GL or Head Office help with ideas?
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline leo081977

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 02:18:02 pm »
Update...my consultant has been great...I still have a love/hate relationship with it....I think it is slowing down, not sure it is cooking as fast as it was...head office have not called me...but if it plays up more i will be ringing with yelling and possibly swearing. As I say...it is a love hate relationship...I was absolutely in love...but lately, we are just aquaintances...

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 02:33:48 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear that your faith in the TM is waning.Customer service in Australia seems very poor compared to here in the U.K.Have you thought of finding out who is the CEO of Vorwerk Thermomix in Australia and going straight to the top with your grievances? The other route is to e-mail Vorwerk head office in Germany and stir things up!I do hope you get answers soon.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 02:43:14 pm »
You know, the same thing happened to mine recently. I nearly had a heart attack! I turned it off at the wall and left it for 10 minutes, turned it back on and it never happened again.... :-\
Hope you get some joy from HO.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 11:12:25 pm »
hi kaylene
hope you get it all sorted out..i would freak out if htat happened to me..the only thing i have had happen to me is all lights on and an error message but i turn it off and on and then its fine..good luck!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline versaceyoyo

• View Profile
    • the thermomix diary
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 07:49:10 am »
this thread is concerning given that my friend had to return hers twice as well recently.  i hope the quality isn't in decline. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 06:53:44 am »
I've been listening and watching Termite and worrying if he seems at all different. I would be truly lost without it, but not prepared to pay another $2000 for another one so soon. :'(
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/