Author Topic: Review- Creamy Tomato & Salami Fettuccine- EDC  (Read 48904 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Review- Creamy Tomato & Salami Fettuccine- EDC
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2012, 05:44:19 am »
Decided to give this one a go using cooked chicken instead of salami (added it with 30 seconds to go), had no parsley or coriander so used a frozen cube of coriander chilli paste from the Indian cookbook which I've had in the freeze for ages,  linguine instead of fettucine, roasted red capsicum instead of fresh and only 25g oil.  I also cut the chopping time/speed down - I can't believe some of the speeds/times for chopping in these books which must end up in mush.

The meal was delicious and I love reading the variations our members have applied to this basic recipe.   
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Review- Creamy Tomato & Salami Fettuccine- EDC
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2013, 06:39:58 am »
This is a lovely, easy and forgiving recipe. Made it as a sauce to serve over gnocchi. Used bacon in lieu of salami, 100g sour cream & 100g yoghurt in lieu of cream, tin tomatoes and left out water and fettuccine. Needed a little cornflour to thicken but turned out delicious. Will use chorizo or salami next time.

Offline Dinner43

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2013, 02:17:13 am »
Love this recipe.

First time I made it, I liked it but hubby thought it needed spice.

Second time, we added 1 red chilli, chopped and added with the tomatoes.  Hubby raved about it - loves it!!  Really gave it the zing it needed.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2013, 02:41:57 am »
Most recipes can be improved with a bit of spice or heat Dinner43, glad to hear you were able to take the recipe to a level which your DH loved.

Welcome to the forum, why not pop over and Introduce Yourself on the home page, we'd love to know more about you eg where you live, how long you've had your Thermomix etc.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Jessica1

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2014, 10:50:36 am »
I made this tonight exactly as per recipe and with Salami, and my DH who usually cant stand pasta, said it was the tastiest pasta he has ever had. From him, this is high praise ;)

Very enjoyable.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2014, 10:27:33 pm »
This is such a forgiving recipe there is usually a version of sorts happening in our place.

Last night was spiral spelt pasta instead of the linguini, left over white sauce from corned beef topped up with a little sour cream as I had no cream and then we had chicken, bacon and mushrooms instead of the salami.  Was delicious  :)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2014, 04:08:55 am »
Yum!

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2014, 11:10:45 am »
Made for dinner tonight using fresh homegrown cherry tomatoes. Deleted the water and added fresh fettuccine in the last 5mins of cooking. Sauce thickened up well and smelled and tasted delicious. Very forgiving recipe. We love it.