Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7957436 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #36420 on: November 28, 2018, 09:05:10 pm »
Good morning everyone.  Off on another adventure south Gert, you will find Chookie & Ral great hosts so be prepared to see everything!
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #36421 on: November 28, 2018, 10:48:21 pm »
Have a lovely time Gert , you will be well looked after by Chookie and Ral .

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #36422 on: November 28, 2018, 11:27:56 pm »
Good morning everyone.

Gert, enjoy your time with Chookie & Ral.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #36423 on: November 29, 2018, 03:10:35 am »
Have a great visit to Ballarat, Gert.

After the temperatures you have been having recently, it will seem very cold to you, but the warm welcome will cheer you up.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36424 on: November 29, 2018, 03:39:22 am »
I hope your flight has gone well Gert.  I know the three of you will have a wonderful time. There won't be time to feel cold.  46 degrees sounds ghastly.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #36425 on: November 29, 2018, 12:46:11 pm »
It was so good to see Gert at the airport, looking younger and slimmer.  After a bit of an adventure with a lost parking ticket we finally got home.  It is funny how you just pick up where you left off years ago. Let the fun begin.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #36426 on: November 29, 2018, 09:58:42 pm »
Good morning everyone.

Chookie, enjoy your time with Gert.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36427 on: November 30, 2018, 12:57:16 am »

Well Ral, Chookie and I had mini adventure at the airport followed by a trip up the highway with a tour of the beautiful town of Ballarat. We arrived at their palatial stately and  altogether crazy home on 5 acres covered with an endless variety of flora and no little fauna. The tour of the house took a good half hour, viewing one beautiful room after another. Downsizing they did NOT!  Every window has a view of the glorious garden with immense trees,  endless shrubs with an unknown number of vegetables and herbs. Roses abound with several "follies" of sculptured flora, fountains and  what nots. Naturally the birds are everywhere. As I sit in my luxurious bed, with the doona drawn up against the "freezing" morning, I am watching 3 crimson rosella frolicking in a small walled off garden. They came straight off an Arnotts biscuit tin!

Talk about biscuits, the kitchen has not just an island but two islands  one of which is really an entire continent topped with piece of granite worthy of the best mausoleum. Absolutely beautiful and suitable setting for Chookie's sourdough which  is now rising on the top.

I arose at my usual 0530 EST but here 0630 so have the place to myself as Chookie will not be arriving in the kitchen until her usual 0900 and Ral possibly 1000. I must tell them that is really unacceptable as they are missing out on one glorious sun lit morning. I am amazed they can sleep through all the birdsong.

After leaving stiflingly  but delicious (to me anyway)Cairns at 32 degrees I am not so keen to get out of this bed at 11 degrees. Thank goodness I have my puffer coat at hand so I can nip into the toilet. Then I will be off on a walk around the dam to check on the mother duck and three ducklings and hopefully spot the lonely 2 trout which Ral feeds every evening. I think the trout should not be eating too much as I fear they will be pretty good eating if they get too fat.

There is a promise of old fashioned kippers for breakfast and lunch at the boathouse on Lake Windermere where the rowing took place during the 1956 Olympics. Doesn't that sound romantic?
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36428 on: November 30, 2018, 01:08:30 am »
You will enjoy your lunch at the lake Gert.  What a lovely description of the beautiful property, you won’t want to leave. My kids had a weekender in Ballarat and I love the place apart from it seeming to be the coldest place on earth in winter.  The main street with the flower beds is probably one of the reasons the council rates are so expensive!  Have the best time, I know you will. Love to all.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #36429 on: November 30, 2018, 02:40:51 am »
Great description, Gert, you really got it so accurately.  Enjoy your time in the cooler climes of Ballarat and the warm home of Chookie and Ral - you'll be so spoilt you won't want to go home!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36430 on: November 30, 2018, 07:26:34 am »
Gert I loved your description, it sounds so beautiful and Chookie and Ral to a T.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36431 on: November 30, 2018, 09:58:18 pm »
Enjoy the rest of your stay with Chookie and Ral Gert.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #36432 on: December 01, 2018, 10:46:19 am »
It has been a wild hot windy day . Tonight is gusty and temperature has dropped . Waiting for the rain but feel it has gone south .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #36433 on: December 01, 2018, 09:00:50 pm »
Morning all.
Fab day yesterday at the Highland Gathering with Gert.  We did nothing much except sit in the sun and watch and listen to the Bagpipes and drums.   GD school band came 3 rd. in the schools competition.  This was particually pleasing as their team comprised students from as young as 6 and 2 of their most experience bagpipe player chose to play with the team who came 2 nd. This was because they chose to play with Federation Uni team where they will attend next year.
This was topped off with a terrific dinner of Smoked Lamb Rack at a Daylesford Restaurant.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36434 on: December 01, 2018, 11:35:46 pm »
Good morning everyone.  Sounds like a good day Chookie.