Author Topic: Etiquette and how to switch counsultants  (Read 10487 times)

Offline Chrissy

• View Profile
Etiquette and how to switch counsultants
« on: February 24, 2011, 05:57:38 am »
It has become apparent I need to find a new consultant, I feel like I was just a sale. A demo I was meant to have tonight was cancelled and I am desperate to learn how to use my machine or sell it  :'(.

So what do you think is the right thing/proper etiquette when switching consultants?

How do I go about finding a new consultant in my area?

I feel terrible that the sale has already been made, and the commission went to someone that isn't helping me. I don't feel right about contacting another consultant and asking for some demo's when I know, no sale will come out of any of them. I doubt I'll even have friends to invite any demo's now cause I've already my demos been cancelled a few times.

What should I do?

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Etiquette and how to switch counsultants
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 06:03:09 am »
Hi Chrissy, you're not having much luck. Why was your demo cancelled? Was it illness or something like that?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Chrissy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 07:42:26 am »
Yep it was cancelled, and illness was the excuse. I'm just not feeling an 'you deserve my time and effort, you obviously need help. What can I do?' kinda love from my current consultant.

My friends who were really only coming so I could learn and gain confidence weren't too impressed and I am disheartened.

Offline JenniCB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 08:01:29 am »
Oh Chrissy that is such a shame. The joy you should be getting right now from your new toy has been taken away. Maybe if you tell us what area you are in some of the other girls may know someone who would be willing to help you. In the meantime, if you have any questions that may help you in getting started, ask away....even if there are lots! The girls on here are such a great help! Have you tried making anything yet? Good luck, Jen
Mum to 5 gorgeous kids, 3 bio aged 22,20 and 15, and 2 adopted aged 7 and 2.

Living in Western Australia

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 08:04:20 am »
Whereabouts are you? I can ask my consultant if she can do a demo for you or at least have you at one of her demos. The other thing is to let HO know. You should also tell us who it is so we know to be careful.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 08:13:20 am »
Chrissy have a look on the list of demonstrators on here and see if there is someone close.

Those of us that are passionate about TMX are more than happy to take on customers. I have quite a few "orphans" that I didn't sell a machine to but it makes my day to be able to help them and continue to service them and keep them up to date. Please don't sell your machine  :'( :'( - find a new consultant.

Ring head office if you have to, otherwise I am sure between us all we can find you a new one  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Chrissy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 08:18:23 am »
I'm near Newcastle in Port Stephens.

I've had my 'toy' since mid December. I had a 'delivery' demo (which wasn't what my friends got, different menu or something) and then my consultant went away for a month. I just attended a basic cooking class on Tuesday because a friend mentioned to her consultant I was having dramas and she rang to tell me that the cooking classes were being held locally and she would love to meet me, that was helpful.

Truthfully I don't know where I am stuck, I don't use it because I don't want to wreck good food. At the moment I am having success with bread and yogurt. I would love to know more about cooking basic food like steamed meat, and a salad and/or sauce which I was hoping to get that info out of the varoma demo.

I'll check out the demonstrators on here. Glad to see orphans are loved by the passionate consultants.  ;D

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 08:23:49 am »
Chrissy it sounds like you have had what we call a delivery briefing. That would be where your consultant has delivered your machine, taken you through everything (which results in information overload lol  :o) and then she should have cooked something with you. Sound about right?

A delivery demo is the same as a basic demo and that is where you earn your Thermoserver as a host reward.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 09:11:44 am »
thats a big shame that you are not using it. what about if you try something like this recipe. There are so many fabulous recipes on this website, and you can see if it has had a favourable review. read it through, ask us any queries you have about it, and we would be happy to explain any step you are not sure about. you just can't have your machine sitting there making only a couple of things.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Chrissy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 09:20:12 am »
That recipe looks great CreamPuff thanks.

Yep that exactly what I had faffa. We cooked pumpkin soup and a sorbet. But my thermomserver came with my TMX so I don't think I actually qualified for one without having a delivery demo.

So do I have this right:
Basic demo - others attend (most people make a purchase after attending one of these, I didn't attend a demo before buying my machine but had heard such great things about them and a friend had shown me hers)
Delivery demo - others attend and you get a free thermoserver
Delivery briefing - just the consultant and the client check over the TMX works and everything was in its box by completing one recipe.
Varoma demo- others attend

Any other demo's I should know about? I need all the cooking classes demo's I can get!!

Offline Sonan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 09:25:43 am »
Hey Chrissy
Have you thought about having a look at some of the videos on youtube of people cooking with the TM? I have seen a couple and they are good. Try some of the basic recipes from the everyday cookbook - the coleslaw is pretty hard to stuff up! Just make sure you follow the directions really well - most things really only do take a few seconds! Good luck  :)
Check out my Facebook Group, Healthy Cooking for Australian Families.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=90888828646

Offline JenniCB

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 09:49:12 am »
Chrissy I'm pretty sure that a delivery demo and a basic demo are the same thing. To be honest I didn't learn anything at my demo at all because you're too busy helping. But I go to the basic cooking classes and learn heaps there. Lots of people only have a demo to get a thermoserver. So if you don't have family or friends who really want to see it and you already have a thermoserver I would say you're not actually missing a great deal. But there are plenty of girls here who will "adopt" you if possible:)
Mum to 5 gorgeous kids, 3 bio aged 22,20 and 15, and 2 adopted aged 7 and 2.

Living in Western Australia

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 10:50:38 am »
Jenni is right, the basic and delivery demo are the same. You are one up if you already have your thermoserver so ask away here and we will help you all we can  :D

there is a motto on this forum and that is ...

THERE ARE NO STUPID QUESTIONS!! every question is a good one and if no one has asked it yet, someone may need to do so in the future so it is then information that is at the ready ... so ask and search away, we are only too happy to help you get cooking  :)

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 11:09:04 am »
You need to just start using it. Pick some recipes from EDC and make them. You'll get it in no time.

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 11:52:46 am »
I agree with the just go for it. Choose a recipe from the edc (check on here for any tweaks) or one of the well loved/reviewed ones on here.
And then just follow it, the Thermomix recipes are so easy! Just follow each step and yummy meal at the end.

I attended two basic demo's before buying (first one at mother's group so watching my child, second at my home so was 'entertaining' my guests, sorting ingredients etc and not sure how much attention I paid to the cooking, more the eating, lol.
Can't say I had a delivery demo - my consultant unpacked it and showed me how it was used but we didn't make anything.
But I just jumped in. Started cooking from day one and never stopped. I found it only took a couple of days to get basic confidence, a week for medium confidence. I use recipes but I also improvise now.