Author Topic: 40 Bags in 40 Days to give away.  (Read 73512 times)

mcmich

Re: 40 Bags in 40 Days to give away.
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 05:45:06 am »
Sure Stacelee.

I have a bag of items on ebay, I've binned a bag and nearly have a bag of magazines to take into work.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 09:20:33 am »
4 bags in the back of the car. Only 36 to go.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012, 09:22:48 am »
2 bags of toys to give away. So far 10 bags of toys and clothes have gone to this little boy. 2 pictures in frames off to Vinnies tomorrow.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2012, 12:29:14 pm »
DG - scrapbooking stuff........ oh this is about de-cluttering not getting more... ;D ...I'm totally addicted to scrapbooking.  :-)) I love it!! Don't tempt me.....!  :)

I have decided to try this challange, tho I'm not sure I'll get 40 bags as I have just done a HUGE clear out - if I could start from a couple of months ago I'd allready be 27 bags gone - from supermarket bags to big wheelie bin liner bags.   :o  Did get another supermarket size bag of old books off the girls bookshelf tonight - missing pages, ripped, etc. Or does rubbish not count?
:D

mcmich

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2012, 12:38:55 pm »
DG - scrapbooking stuff........ oh this is about de-cluttering not getting more... ;D ...I'm totally addicted to scrapbooking.  :-)) I love it!! Don't tempt me.....!  :)

I have decided to try this challange, tho I'm not sure I'll get 40 bags as I have just done a HUGE clear out - if I could start from a couple of months ago I'd allready be 27 bags gone - from supermarket bags to big wheelie bin liner bags.   :o  Did get another supermarket size bag of old books off the girls bookshelf tonight - missing pages, ripped, etc. Or does rubbish not count?
I'm sure rubbish is OK. I binned a bag today. As long as one way or another you do 40 bags in 40 days.

I may be wrong though and making this up.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2012, 12:44:04 pm »
rubbish is ok Mich.

i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2012, 12:47:53 pm »
I am also culling recipe clippings and print outs - over 2 nights I have done 2 folders, was very proud of myself as I only kept probably 1% of them.  My tastes seem to have changed from when I started saving all these recipes  :-))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2012, 12:56:55 pm »
That's so good Judy. I'm going through my mountain of magazines clipping recipes. Still to go through my recipe folders.

I'm never going to be done in 40 days.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2012, 02:28:11 pm »
I am also culling recipe clippings and print outs - over 2 nights I have done 2 folders, was very proud of myself as I only kept probably 1% of them.  My tastes seem to have changed from when I started saving all these recipes  :-))

I think especially with a lot of old magazine and newspaper clippings the older ones especially used cans and packets of soup etc and we have really evolved these past 2-3 years. We are making things we never thought we would or thought we could be bothered doing. Sometimes when I go through recipe clippings I wonder why I ever saved them. Even touching the paper they are printed on repulses me  :-))
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2012, 02:32:56 pm »
Spot on CP, many of them were like that - others couldn't be done in the TMX so out they all went.  Still quite a few folders to sift through but it will be one less job for the kids when the time comes ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2012, 02:55:06 pm »
If anyone finds any old gaming consoles or games that they are dumping, my son has asked me to ask if he would be able to have them....he is happy to pay postage.  He's apparently having a few nerd moments....he is getting a nintendo and a super nintendo for his birthday and is angling for an atari 2600 system that is currently sitting in a display cabinet in his favourite game shop.

Stacelee I will have a look for you, I think there was some nintendo games up in the cupboard.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2012, 03:08:52 pm »
 when l read that items were beening sold on ebay my first thought ' was wonder whats beening sold '
 second thought ' NO  , dont even go to ebay to look
'
if you dont see it, you dont need it , you wont miss it

South West WA AUSTRALIA

mcmich

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2012, 09:32:26 pm »
I love my cookbooks and magazines, although if I'm after a recipe I usually look here on the forum or google it.  :-))

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2012, 09:32:47 pm »
Good advice Nazar. Astarra I will send you all my scrap booking stuff LOL
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2012, 09:32:59 pm »
Astarra, cute new pic
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url