Author Topic: Anyone want to join me on my $100 per week food challenge  (Read 807842 times)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Re: Anyone want to join me on my $100 per week food challenge
« Reply #2235 on: July 11, 2013, 06:12:04 am »
Yep, I knew it - he spent $165.72  :-))  :)
:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: July 12, 2013, 02:57:30 am »
Men do it all the time Astarra :) extra things just pop in..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: July 12, 2013, 03:56:53 am »
My Dh sticks to the list,prefer some initiative (as long as its the healty stuff)
Denise

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: July 12, 2013, 07:00:19 am »
$180.00 today
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: July 12, 2013, 03:34:59 pm »
I just finished my fortnightly menu plan... Found and amended my old memu plan format.. Now just need to stick to it :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: August 04, 2013, 12:24:31 am »
Ok tried this out and was more 170 than 150 for the four of us as saw a few items on special that i grabbed for later and was on track first week then dh picked apart my menu plan as I had 2 vegetarian and 2 fish meals which meant e would have 2 veg and 2 fish lunches.. The carnivore wasnt happy and wanted more meat and pasta so threw my hands up in the air and thought what the heck and just winged it. Will have to rethink my menu planning or cook a small seperate meal for dh.. Started off well though and would definately be beneficial :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: August 04, 2013, 12:30:28 am »
At least pasta meals are cheap Kim  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline beyondbeeton

• View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: August 04, 2013, 12:46:16 am »
I spent a little under $120 at the supermarket this week (does not include milk, meat, fish, fruit, bread and veg etc).

But it is the first big shop since DS2 was born 3 weeks ago, so that's not too bad. We have been spending a bucketload on bread because I've been collapsing in a heap at the end of the night and getting some sleep before the newbie wakes, instead of baking bread. Hopefully I will be back on track shortly but I'm cutting myself some slack for now.
Mum to two hungry boys born Dec 2010 and July 2013.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: August 04, 2013, 12:57:23 am »
Ok tried this out and was more 170 than 150 for the four of us as saw a few items on special that i grabbed for later and was on track first week then dh picked apart my menu plan as I had 2 vegetarian and 2 fish meals which meant e would have 2 veg and 2 fish lunches.. The carnivore wasnt happy and wanted more meat and pasta so threw my hands up in the air and thought what the heck and just winged it. Will have to rethink my menu planning or cook a small seperate meal for dh.. Started off well though and would definately be beneficial :)

This was a great start IMO, Kim . . . I've found that the expectation for it to work 100% first up is a killer ;D ;D  It takes time to fine tune everything - don't forgot NOT to include any non-food items!!  Picking up specials now will save later on . . etc etc.  . .

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Anyone want to join me on my $100 per week food challenge
« Reply #2244 on: August 04, 2013, 01:32:25 am »
Thanks gf.. I was trying to be healthier but dh just wanted meat meat pasta meat lol... Ill keep tuning away

Jd very true.. And we had bought a whole lot of barilla pasta that was on sale so had alot lol

Beyondbeeton dont be hard on yourself.. Keep buying bread until you feel your able to redo your own.. Young bubbas wipe us out.. Take care of you :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: August 04, 2013, 11:34:23 pm »
I didn't go shopping, so a no spend week.

[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: August 05, 2013, 11:59:43 am »
I spent a little under $120 at the supermarket this week (does not include milk, meat, fish, fruit, bread and veg etc).

But it is the first big shop since DS2 was born 3 weeks ago, so that's not too bad. We have been spending a bucketload on bread because I've been collapsing in a heap at the end of the night and getting some sleep before the newbie wakes, instead of baking bread. Hopefully I will be back on track shortly but I'm cutting myself some slack for now.

Oh congratulations Beyondbeeton.  :D  How are you going?  :-*

Offline beyondbeeton

• View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: August 05, 2013, 12:04:50 pm »

Oh congratulations Beyondbeeton.  :D  How are you going?  :-*

Thanks astarra :) we were doing pretty well but my big boy is quite sick and has a fever and DH went back to work today. So we are all feeling a bit sorry for ourselves.

How is your newest daughter settling in?
Mum to two hungry boys born Dec 2010 and July 2013.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: August 05, 2013, 12:11:31 pm »
Oh BB - take it easy, sending hugs.  :-*
Make sure you look after you too.  :)
My bub has settled in really well, thanx.  :) Tho we had to take her in for a hip ultrasound today as her left hip clicked twice in her 6wk check  :( but the pead thinks it is ok, a recheck in 3mths.  :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: August 23, 2013, 04:24:24 am »
I spend $360 today on WW online, just fruit, veges, milk then for the next month.
Pantry and freezers are so full. :)

[/url