Author Topic: Anyone want to join me on my $100 per week food challenge  (Read 806801 times)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Re: Anyone want to join me on my $100 per week food challenge
« Reply #1740 on: November 12, 2012, 07:01:24 am »
Mine was $27 over again - would have been under if FUIC (Íced Coffee) wasn't on a half price special... :-))
:D

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: November 12, 2012, 07:16:43 am »
My no spend week ended up costing me $74.00. :o
Still it's under $100 and my average is $87.00 a week so I'm still very happy with this.  :D

That's terrific Mcmich - maybe you could come and hold my hand for a week . . . ;D  I'm better than I used to be but still manage to go over the $100.  At first I thought this would be so easy . . . . . .  :-)) :-)) ??? ???

*suzanne*

Re: Re: Anyone want to join me on my $100 per week food challenge
« Reply #1742 on: November 12, 2012, 07:55:43 am »
Didn't get to the shops today but last week it was just over $ 200 so still under my $ 210 budget

mcmich

« Reply #1743 on: November 12, 2012, 08:04:00 am »
My no spend week ended up costing me $74.00. :o
Still it's under $100 and my average is $87.00 a week so I'm still very happy with this.  :D

That's terrific Mcmich - maybe you could come and hold my hand for a week . . . ;D  I'm better than I used to be but still manage to go over the $100.  At first I thought this would be so easy . . . . . .  :-)) :-)) ??? ???

Thanks GF. I would just like to manage to have one no spend week. As long as we are spending less is the point of it all. And I would spend $200 - $300 a week easily before the challenge.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: November 13, 2012, 07:19:44 am »
My weekly shop looks like coming in at $85 - might still need one or two things but well under my $120 budget. Difference was I bought no meat or fish this week, will just use up what I have. I'll probably be in trouble next week though!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: November 13, 2012, 09:06:27 pm »
I have had 1 ZERO spend week. It was well planned. I bought all  my milk with long use by dates.

I think we are all  fantastic, like mich my shopping was $250-$300 each week.

Finally finished all my pkts of dry spaghetti. Also used 1 dolmio jar, 1 tin & 1 olde el passo box. So feeling good about that.

Need a few things, but nt much & am determined to come in at budget this week.

It helps that I now have 26 days to reduce my freezers. My friend wanted 1/4 of beef, so I am ordering my meat before Christmas.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: November 14, 2012, 03:00:25 am »
great work Hally.

Our prices are so much dearer up here due to freight, and not the volume of people....
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: November 14, 2012, 09:27:12 pm »
Mnnnn. Not such a good shopping day today. £111 at Aldi, but it included 4 oven clean sleeves to put in bottom of oven at £3.99 each. One for me, one for DD and the others as presents. And a bit of Christmas stuff, and beer (6 @99p, and wine (3 bottles approx £10.00total ) one for cooking) as it is DS's birthday at the weekend and we need to push the (life) boat out a bit!

So extra ingredients for cake and cookies such as large choc chips and ground almonds and even cream for pudding. And 30 eggs! The young are not here for Christmas so I decided this was our celebration with food this weekend.
We seem to go through 20 eggs in a normal week with DS here. He goes away on 28nov for two months or so.
DD now says she will be back for few days end of month, she'll find we're back on basics.

Also got washing powder, dishwasher tabs, bin bags and loo cleaner. Not sure they count?

Also shopped for birthday card, hamper ingredients, not so much at Aldi, but elsewhere. Am getting jars/bottles on Saturday.

PS Chookie s choc delight comes in at £1.15p for 6, that is amazing for something so very delicious. The choc is 30p for 100gms from Aldi.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: November 14, 2012, 09:59:19 pm »
Obbie my Zero spend was ages ago.

This week I have come in at $90, yay under budget, first time for a while. However the avergare overv 4 weeks is $118 which is not too bad, so glad we can average out.

DJ i wouldnt count the oven cleaning shelves or the beer or the wine, or we would all be over budget every week. Dishwashing etc does nt count, its food only :)

I buy 24 eggs a week too, they just get used up so quickly, $12.

DS is having a party at home his year, small one & no entertainment. Normaly its about $20 per head for about 20 kids. I am not counting his party food as I would normally spend $500 on his party, so its coming out of our entertainment fund.

H :)

« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 10:07:52 pm by Halex »

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: November 15, 2012, 02:13:40 am »
entertainment fund, I like that idea Hally :) :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: November 15, 2012, 02:23:28 am »
Is that normal price for eggs, H?  :o

I get mine free from BIL (2 doz a week) -and I know he sells them to others for $3.50/doz, they are large and free range, and very fresh.
:D

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: November 15, 2012, 08:35:09 am »
Where we used to live I paid £1 for six by side of road, delicious.

In the village here £1.85 for 6 if we run out.
Aldi £1.15 for 10 large eggs. Don't know how they do it, probably not helping the farmers  :-[

This link has UK egg prices but not Aldi for some reason. I only ever buy large.

http://www.farminguk.com/eggs

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: November 15, 2012, 09:58:17 am »
here, its $6.50 / $7.00 per dozen fresh free range.

we get 9 eggs a day free range from our chooks..

[/url

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: November 15, 2012, 10:57:27 am »
Yes thats a regular price for free range ggs >:(

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: November 15, 2012, 11:09:47 am »
I split a tray of free range extra large eggs with my neighbour every week. My share is $4 for 1 1/2 dozen (15 eggs).
I thought I was doing well at the supermarket today until I got to the fish counter. I bought 4 fillets of salmon and it came to $28. However, when I went it cook them , I cut them in half and we have enough for two meals.  I shouldn't need too much at the market this week, so maybe I will come close to budget this week.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous