Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7864331 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #38925 on: May 26, 2020, 05:14:04 am »
I remember when I first got my TMX I knew no one else who had one (this was about 10 years or so ago, I guess) then I stumbled onto this forum and the recipes were so inspirational and helpful it changed my whole cooking style - naturally, of course, being a TMX, but I became quite adventurous with the help of everyone on here.   Yes, it is fun to look back into the depths of the recipes and find old favourites that you had forgotten about.  As I recall I think we had a thread about re-discovering these old ones several years ago.

Me too Cuilidh,  remember how when a new book came out we would all get into making the recipes and reviewing them? Those reviews were a godsend as the books back then, especially the EDC were quite bad and needed a lot of fiddling.  Compared to today where there are literally thousands of recipes out there.  I miss those early days, the forum was very busy, we had good fun.   ;D
I still don't have anyone around me that has a TM.  My daughter who lives out of town has one but isn't a big user, though she uses it more in winter to make soups.

It's a cold, windy, overcast day here today so it was the perfect day to turn on the oven and bake.  DH has gone to his mums to do her garden, I really hope we get some rain.  :)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38926 on: May 26, 2020, 05:26:18 am »
Yup, those were the good old days for sure. I bought my TM5 in 2009 and made many good friends here. I then bought the TM5 but was never happy with it. I think that made me lose interest and now with just me to feed I use my TMX a lot less.
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38927 on: May 26, 2020, 08:29:07 am »
It's a shame you're not using it so often.

I still sit and chuckle when I remember we were discussing how best to clean around and under the blades and you posted your 'adventures' of going into a gun shop to get a cleaning brush and you were talking about all the testosterone  in there.  I was so disappointed when I heard through the grapevine that it wasn't true ... to this day I choose to believe that it is true,and thoroughly enjoy thinking (fantasisng) about it.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38928 on: May 26, 2020, 08:41:48 am »
Many of my friends who have the 31 don’t use them anymore. One was even a consultant. They say it’s too much bother! Sad really.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #38929 on: May 26, 2020, 09:40:43 am »
Whenever I need a new brush I go back to the same gun shop! The TM5 drives me nuts With   the stupid delay.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38930 on: May 26, 2020, 01:52:17 pm »
Most of my early recipes, 2009, were posted by Judy and Thermomixer.  I didn’t know how to do it.  Katie was very patient and taught me how to post photos. Gert continually made me laugh and Marinas interest in vegetarian encouraged me to experiment.  Julie fixed up a couple of my recipes and allowed me to use her photo for the Apple Slice cake as did Katie with the coconut icecream photo. Today I made Flummery which was one of those early recipes.
I also remember clearly getting a personal message from Dan Lepards partner demanding that I remove all the recipes that I had converted to TMX from his books. I started to remove them and was immediately told by MM not to remove them.  The TMX world legal community instantly came on board and said I hadn’t breached copyright. It is sad that the Forum isn’t as active and that the commercial side of TMX recipes has taken over.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #38931 on: May 26, 2020, 02:56:01 pm »
Most of my early recipes, 2009, were posted by Judy and Thermomixer.  I didn’t know how to do it.  Katie was very patient and taught me how to post photos. Gert continually made me laugh and Marinas interest in vegetarian encouraged me to experiment.  Julie fixed up a couple of my recipes and allowed me to use her photo for the Apple Slice cake as did Katie with the coconut icecream photo. Today I made Flummery which was one of those early recipes.
I also remember clearly getting a personal message from Dan Lepards partner demanding that I remove all the recipes that I had converted to TMX from his books. I started to remove them and was immediately told by MM not to remove them.  The TMX world legal community instantly came on board and said I hadn’t breached copyright. It is sad that the Forum isn’t as active and that the commercial side of TMX recipes has taken over.
I remember that Chookie. Didn't Amanda have a similar experience?
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38932 on: May 27, 2020, 06:15:26 am »
Yes and she’s married to a lawyer so that could have been interesting.
Oh the early days, it was so different because we were the first real forum for Thermomix recipes and our members recipes were so much better than the original cook books we all bought.  Then every man and his dog got on board and now we have too many choices.  Thanks to those who have continued to support us, it seems to be the same small group with the odd ‘old’ member popping back to join us which is great to see.  Never any comments from totally new members but that’s OK, we have each other.  I think that deserves a group hug.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38933 on: May 27, 2020, 06:21:36 am »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38934 on: May 27, 2020, 06:23:22 am »
Lots of good friends have been made because of this forum. We have been through a lot together and will continue to do so.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #38935 on: May 27, 2020, 06:26:24 am »
Yep. I have been here 11 years and it had been a lot of fun and a lot of changes for us all.

Gert

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #38936 on: May 27, 2020, 06:36:15 am »
 ;D

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #38937 on: May 27, 2020, 07:16:18 am »
I joined in 2010. I stumbled upon the forum. It was wonderful. Meeting forum members.
DH and I met up with Uni and Frank a couple of times when they were holidaying up this way. The forumfests. All wonderful memories. 

I didn't get to enjoy having 2 machines for very long. The TM5 went to a new home this afternoon. it served me well and has helped fund my "new" Thermie. The lady that bought it has never owned a TMX before and I hope I gave her enough information and good explanations. Was wishing JulieO was here.  ;D
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38938 on: May 27, 2020, 07:38:39 am »
That's good Mich. I'm sure she will call you if she has any worries.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38939 on: May 27, 2020, 08:06:20 am »
I enjoyed the group hug. Thanks.  When Melbourne Family came to visit a week ago.  They are very strict enforcers of all the ISO rules. However when everyone was engaged, Oscar, 13 year old. Quickly stepped up behind me and gave me a hug. That was also nice.
Michele, nice to meet the person who bought your 5. 
Not a very nice day. Bit of sum, bit of wind.