Author Topic: Kaffir Lime Scented White Choc Pannacotta recipe review Tenina's eBook pge 18  (Read 23031 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I had all the ingredients in the house for this recipe but not quite enough white chocolate so I made 1/2 quantity which filled 2 x 1/2 cup ramekins.  I couldn't wait 24 hours for it to set so the photo is not quite as firm as it should be but it is absolutely delicious.  So light and tasty enough with just using the lime leaf for flavouring and not adding any lime oil or essence. This would be a lovely finish to a meal when people are not looking for heavy, calorie laden desserts.  

I did do the first step on reverse so as not to chop up the lime leaf.  5/5 from me.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 11:03:23 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
You probably didn't need to make the full recipe anyway. Great review JD, I can't wait to make something from this collection. Your dish looks very appealing so I will probably make it very soon.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
This is the one I would like to make first.  Why are we always so busy.???

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Looks delicious Judy.Love the plate it's presented on :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks CC, it's from a tea set which my Mum has passed down to me - she has had it for a very long time and you often see bits and pieces of it in antique shops. My 2 girls might fight over it so I might leave it to my GD  ;)

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
Looks great JD! I love pannacotta and will definitely try this recipe.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks CC, it's from a tea set which my Mum has passed down to me - she has had it for a very long time and you often see bits and pieces of it in antique shops. My 2 girls might fight over it so I might leave it to my GD  ;)
Very wise to bypass a generation ;) It is lovely, no wonder your DD's like it so much. ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You will love it Katie.  I'm so glad I bought that kaffir lime tree - if I did nothing else but make this dessert with it, it was worth the money  ;D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
There is nothing worse than buying a whole pkt of fresh kaffir lime leaves and then having to throw the rest of the pkt out after a couple of leaves used. I wonder can you freeze them?

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
A great wrap Judy.  I love panna cotta too, look forward to making this.  :D

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Re: Kaffir Lime Scented White Choc Pannacotta recipe review Tenina's eBook pge 18
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 12:32:41 pm »
CP - yes - you can freeze them . . http://www.taste.com.au/good+taste/article/q+and+a+michelle/can+i+freeze+kaffir+lime+leaves,364

JD - thanks for the review - will try to make this one very soon!  :D

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
Re: Kaffir Lime Scented White Choc Pannacotta recipe review Tenina's eBook pge 18
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 12:34:24 pm »
There is nothing worse than buying a whole pkt of fresh kaffir lime leaves and then having to throw the rest of the pkt out after a couple of leaves used. I wonder can you freeze them?

I freeze them CP.  They have always been fine.
I would like to get a tree though like Judy did.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 12:35:51 pm »

I bought a small tree last year that I grow in a pot.  I doubt I'll run out of leaves any time soon, might be worth the effort CP, it didn't cost much.  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 12:41:16 pm »
From memory I think mine was dearer than yours Julie but at $25 I now know I can walk out to the pot and pick myself a lovely fresh kaffir lime leaf if a recipe calls for it.  Mine would be no taller than 30cm but I rarely use the leaves so I figure it is going to do the right thing by me and keep producing and growing at a rate faster than I need them. It does have some new spring growth on it I noticed the other day.  Check out your prices over there CP, it is so nice to have things on tap.

Katie, if we had discussed this recipe on Friday you could have taken some home.  I can drop some off to your letterbox sometime this week if you like. Just let me know if you want them or whether you still have some frozen ones you want to use up first.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 12:44:02 pm »
Have put a tree on my shopping list - wow it sounds like I may need truck instead of a trolley  :D