Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7859690 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #38655 on: April 06, 2020, 10:40:30 pm »
I seem to have a fair bit more freedom that you all have as I have to go out for business purposes - also heaps of medical appointments at the moment as well.  DH and I got our flu jabs yesterday, there was no one in the surgery waiting room so it was very quick. 

The street our shop is on is normally very busy from early morning to late evening, now, it is like a ghost town - sometimes it feels like you could cross the road without looking as there are so few cars out and about.  Nearly all the shops are closed, just one or two (of dozens) of cafes are open as well as the baker around the corner and that's about it.  We're still hanging in here, taking it day by day but we are still getting a few customers in each day, which is encouraging.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38656 on: April 06, 2020, 11:46:00 pm »
Marina, it is all pretty frightening.  You are providing a good service to the community so it is good you are staying open.  DD is doing just 2 days a week, just for emergencies. It is pretty confronting for her and her nurse. I said she should stop but she said, how would I feel if I had a tooth ache.
We have plenty to do around the block.  With RAL sick last year some jobs just didn’t get done.
It is still cool. Love it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38657 on: April 07, 2020, 09:39:42 am »
I think Australians should be pretty pleased with themselves at the moment. Apart from the cruise ships and people who have come in from overseas we seem to be doing fairly well. I feel so very sad when someone loses their life. There is a 41 year old lady in hospital here from the Ruby Princess. She was unwell on board. She has been in a forced coma for about 8 days and is in ICU. She had some health problems before she caught Covid 19. :( :(
It was warm again here today. 34/35.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38658 on: April 07, 2020, 06:53:19 pm »
We’ve been having some lovely warm sunshine these past few days.

Sad news today with a rise in the deaths due to the Coronavirus. It looks as though we have another 3 weeks ahead of lockdown.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38659 on: April 07, 2020, 10:32:55 pm »
Cookie and CC, not good news.  The Dr and nurses are amazing people.  They give so much to the community at such a time. 
It is continuing to be cool here.
DD did some shopping for me yesterday.  Things I can’t get online. There are more and more shops offering order online and free delivery. Bunnings and IGA around here.
I have put in another order with Natures Cargo for neighbours, DD and us.  They are very good because if you order something and it is out of stock, they will recommend an alternative.
Pathologist coming  to house today to do Ral’s blood test.
Hard to resist not popping down to shops when I want something.  Good thing is there are now some gaps in pantry and freezer.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38660 on: April 08, 2020, 12:09:40 am »
I laughed at your kids keeping your DH under control, K Atie.  Well done them!

I admire your DD, Chookie, she is very empathetic.

My great fear now is that everyone is getting tired of isolation and deciding that they are safe enough to go out, for whatever reason, therefore possibly putting other's health at risk.  For me, this weekend will be my last one getting up to our house in the country, although it is legal for me to do this run however often I want, both DH and I feel that it is no longer the right or fair thing for me to do anymore, so I will do what needs to be done up there, clear the fridge and freezer and bid it a fond farewell ... for now.   :(
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38661 on: April 08, 2020, 06:32:00 am »
That’s sad Marina, but must be done.
Still warm here. It’s going to be 34 today and

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38662 on: April 08, 2020, 07:24:10 am »
Marina, at least it is not forever.
The woman from the Pathology came today.  Didn’t even have a face mask. Was very gung-ho about the whole virus thing.
The delivery lady from the Chemist was dressed to kill.  Mask etc.  with instructions for us to stay inside.
The Natures Cargo delivery lady wanted to chat. I had to tell her to go as she still had 8 deliveries.
All these people were very pleasant, I suppose it is because they have a job.
I gave them all a jar of jam and said we really appreciated the delivery. I first asked if they would like some jam. They all said yes please.  I told them to wash the jar with soap and water.  Just in case. 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38663 on: April 08, 2020, 08:09:13 am »
It sounds like you are all coping well, I hit the wall for a bit yesterday but I’m sure all my small problems will fix themselves. I’ve been keeping busy today, I find that I cope better if I have a busy day. A long way to go for us all though. Phone calls from my girls help keep my spirits up.
It must be hard for you Marina when you’re so used to going home regularly but I daresay since you did the city renovation it’s not so bad being stuck there.
Chookie I love how you’re the collection agent for your family and neighbours.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38664 on: April 08, 2020, 11:15:36 pm »
Hi all, still here.  Have given instructions to DS about what to do do if we catch the virus.  Don’t feel emotional about it, just practical.
Judy, keep busy. Everything is so different. Enjoy your lovely home.  Walk around the block and have a sticky in peoples yards.  I have noticed a lot more people walking along our road.  When RAL is mowing out the front, neighbours who have never spoken to us, stop and talk.  So not all bad. 
Spent yesterday afternoon delivering the grocery orders.  Natures Cargo is a wholesale distribution center.  They are happy to serve the public and deliver, as so many Cafe have closed. The goods are a bit cheaper as you have to buy bulk. With several people sharing, it works out well.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38665 on: April 09, 2020, 02:08:21 am »
Good morning everyone.  A lovely Autumn day here.   Might go for a walk to the park this afternoon, not too far only a house block away.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38666 on: April 09, 2020, 12:15:14 pm »
Judy take care. At least I have a grumpy DH and DD at home. DH is playing with the cars and DD has a couple of Uni assignments due tomorrow.

34 here today with a couple of warmer days to come.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #38667 on: April 09, 2020, 02:59:17 pm »
Foggy morning, warm day huge moon tonight .

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38668 on: April 10, 2020, 12:43:20 am »
Morning all.  Good Friday and not the pile of Easter Eggs as usual.  Will miss the GC doing the Easter Egg Hunt. Even as big kids they act like little ones.
Rals platelets have dropped again.  Might be the flu injection.  Has to do another blood test next Wednesday.  It is a bit of a reality check as he seems to be so much better. This time we have to go to the Pathology Center.  Don’t like to do that.  Never looks particularly clean.  Will enjoy being out in the car with a valid reason.
We are having lovely Autumn days.
My experimental seed raising in the teabags not very successful.  They grew mould. 

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #38669 on: April 10, 2020, 01:43:11 am »
Happy hot cross bunny day , hot x buns for breakfast while FaceTimed DM with all of us . Miss being with her at the beach every year but now . Chookie hopefully it’s the flu injection. You feel safe in your cocoon which is what it is all about . Just trying to make the most of each day before the school routines start . Strange but when kids home like this it is always a holiday .