Author Topic: Christmas Eve Dinner  (Read 9136 times)

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
Christmas Eve Dinner
« on: November 16, 2010, 10:22:51 am »
Anything planned for Christmas Eve dinner? Anything cooked from the Thermomix? Unfortunately I'll be without my machine this Xmas. Still, mother's traditional cooking is excellent :-)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Eve Dinner
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 10:28:07 am »
Yikes, who cooks on Christmas Eve MM - with such a big day to follow I'm sure there would not be many Australians serving up hot meals that night.  Enjoy Mum's traditional cooking, there is nothing like it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 10:55:03 am »
Well our Christmas eve is usually spent with friends, lots of dips & chips.....and probably way too much alcohol  8)  Usually Santa is tipsy and wrapping presents at 2 am.  :P
I leave the cooking til X-mas day.....usually feeling quite ordinary   :-X
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 11:23:49 am »
Probably Cornish Pasties. :D :D :D :D :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 12:05:30 pm »
Christmas Eve Dinner is almost bigger than Christmas Day in our family.  We always have a roast turkey and roast ham, with gravy and lots of roast vegies.  Yum!  Then some sort of decadent dessert.

Then on Christmas Day, we have beautiful cold turkey and ham, with lots of yummy salads.  Our favourite is seafood salad with lots of crab and prawns and avocado.  Would love a recipe for seafood sauce.

Of course there is always lots of dips, cheese, crackers and nibbles around as well.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline NICKY 74

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 03:12:53 pm »
we are going to perth for a family xmas, but dont think i want to go now as dont want to leave my machine! dont have room in the car to take it with me! nicky :(
the answer is chocolate, who cares what the question is!

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 06:11:27 pm »
Both Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day lunch are big events at parent's house. Xmas Eve, we have lots of mulled wine. I wonder if anyone has tried making this wonderful wine in the Thermomix :-) Down under, is it too hot to drink mulled wine?

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 06:46:01 pm »
The U.K. Thermomix website has a recipe for mulled wine.I've tried it,it's delicious. ;)
http://www.ukthermomix.com/recshow.php?rec_id=13
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline pinkscrapbooker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 07:55:58 pm »
There's a recipe for mulled wine in the EDC too, great works well, and tastes good chilled for a hot night!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 08:42:29 pm »
I'm  making the Xmas Pud.   Very healthy as it contains lots of grated carrot. ;D ;D ;D ;D Grated in the TMX.  Have posted recipe.   This year might steam individual ones in the Varoma.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 05:26:37 am »
Our Christmas Eve dinner is usually very snack like. We have cold Christmas lunch/dinner so I do all the salad making and turkey/meat cooking etc on Christmas Eve. By the time evening comes I'm exhausted. Then on Christmas day I do nothing except get things out of the fridge and put them into lovely bowls and set the table.
Last Christmas Termite did lots of cooking before hand and I put it in the freezer.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2010, 05:32:39 am »
Christmas eve is usually icy cold Australian Sparkling Shiraz with some pates or such. Christmas Day  is icy cold Australian Sparking Wine  and cold seafood.

No cooking. No way!

Gretch
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

stacelee

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 06:18:08 am »
I'm heading with my husband, kids and mother and stepfather to Tasmania for the christmas break.  I am still trying to work out how to smuggle Tom down there as both my husband and mother have told me I'm not allowed to take him.  I'm not sure how I will cope for 16 days without him....major deprivation....so no thermomix christmas for me

Take Care
Stacey

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 07:08:15 am »
  Would love a recipe for seafood sauce.
Tartar or Thousand Island??
For tartar I throw capers and chives into mayo
For Thousand Island I mix a couple spoons of tomato sauce and a little chilli into mayo.
season to taste.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 07:18:21 am »
Cathy I just looked in the 'seafood bounty' and it has a seafood cocktail sauce:
a batch of TM mayo with 1tsp Worcestershire, 1tsp lemon juice, dash Tabasco, 35g tomato sauce and 45g thick cream 15sec sp3.
It also has a Tartare recipe:
with 1 onion, tsp capers, 1tbs chives, clove garlic, tbsp parsley, 2 batches mayo, 1 tsp vinegar, dash Tabasco, salt and pepper. mix first 5 for 5 sec sp6 - add remaining and combine on sp3.;)
much more sophisticated than mine!  :D

« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 07:20:40 am by Nay-nay »