Author Topic: Chickpea Choc Chip Cookies  (Read 50020 times)

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: Chickpea Choc Chip Cookies
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2011, 10:04:27 am »
spoon out Nay-nay. I use a miniature ice cream scoop for all my bikkies, dough and also spoonable ones  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2011, 04:51:00 pm »
four bean mix in biscuits - I really don't know whether to laugh or report you to the authorities :D :D :D :D

Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2011, 06:15:04 am »
:D :D :D Yeah it's a 'keep that to myself recipe'
Leaving them in til the oven cools is a good tip - thanks - they crisped up too.
These would be great study food for teenagers - comfort food with protein for their brains.  ;)

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2011, 08:45:12 am »
The DTs (darling teens) love these but DH won't eat them ever since he saw me putting chick peas in the mix  ???

spoon out Nay-nay. I use a miniature ice cream scoop for all my bikkies, dough and also spoonable ones  ;)

Now for a "duh" question. Did I read somewhere that you shouldn't use metal in the TMX bowl? Faffa do you scrape the mix out of the TMX bowl first then use the metal (I presume) scoop or do you just scoop from the TMX bowl? (Maybe I shouldn't be sipping wine when reading this forum ? ;D)

“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2011, 03:20:48 am »
I scrape it out of the bowl first - this also allows me to give the blades a flick and get all the dough out.  I generally add the water over the blades then and let it run on speed 6 for a bout 10 seconds and then leave it sit while I make the biscuits. Give it a self clean when I come back to it and easy as to clean up  :D

I never use metal in my TMX bowl - some do and I have seen the scratches etc  :(
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2011, 03:36:20 am »
Thanks Faffa. Even though the question was duh you have given the info that I was really looking for  :). Although I am now fairly confident cooking with thermie, some of my techniques need work :D
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline NICKY 74

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2011, 04:56:56 pm »
i have another duh question, can you just soak dried chickpeas instead of tinned ones, i am guessing yes, but do you need to cook them, or can you just eat them once soaked! having a bit of a mental blank (or could be the fact that it is nearly midnight and should be in bed!)
cant wait to try this recipe, am going to soak some chickpeas right now so i can make them in the morning, (once i have checked in here for an answer) and hope that i can use them instead of adding them into a stew or something.
i always seem to have dried ones in but never tins!
thanks nicky  ???
the answer is chocolate, who cares what the question is!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2011, 12:49:45 am »
Hi Nicky 74, Here is some info I found. (I have never tried it, I found the info on Google search)

soak them overnight, no salt in the water, and change the water once before you simmer them for 45 to 60 minutes and they'll be fine.

sometimes they do need to be cooked longer than 45-60 minutes. The trick is to test them along the way and let your mouth be the guide to when they're ready

Canned chickpeas are processed over high heat and under vacuum conditions. You can replicate this in a pressure cooker, or just keep cooking them until they're soft to the point of mushiness

Also, make sure you've got plenty of water and you keep them on a steady, but low, simmer

Hope this helps
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline NICKY 74

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2011, 12:59:58 am »
thanks dede, yes i have soaked them overnight, and the packet said to boil for 30 minutes, so i will do that and taste test before i drain them! will let you all know how i go when i have made them.
you can always rely on this forum to help you out, thanks for being a happy place!  :) ;) :D ;D
the answer is chocolate, who cares what the question is!

Offline Moo2

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2012, 09:27:43 am »
I made these and the kids are wolfing them down. They couldn't believe there are chickpeas in them. Thanks for posting such a yummy recipe. It's a keeper!

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2012, 11:10:22 am »
I made these today and didn't tell mum and SD that there are chickpeas in them! ;D They loved them ;)

These were so easy to make and I found the mixture very easy to handle. Thanks for a great recipe Amanda!

Offline nameisserene

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2012, 02:33:15 pm »
Made these today. Didn't have any chickpeas so used a can of white beans instead.
Still Yummy but not crunchy.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2012, 04:11:30 pm »
I think the trick is to put them in the oven for a second time to crisp up or leave them in for longer.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2012, 09:31:26 pm »
Good tip, thanks Meagan :)

Serene, nice cookies ;D

Offline cooking-good-looking

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2012, 12:49:19 am »
These are on my to try list this arvo- with white choc though as its all I have! :)