Author Topic: Chickpea Choc Chip Cookies  (Read 50026 times)

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
Re: Chickpea Choc Chip Cookies
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2010, 11:38:50 pm »
A single batch just came out of the oven, and is plenty!  Yummy, no one will know what's in them.

I grinded my chocolate instead of chocolate chips, pretty chunky, but powdery too, so distributes the chocolate nicely.  I guess that chickpea flour (besan flour) could be used instead of the tin too, as I've got that in the cupboard too.  Will try next time.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2011, 07:05:53 am »
Just made these and they are yummo! I am not sure why you would think to put the chickpeas in but glad someone did! They are really good!

Kerryn
Kerryn

Offline JenniCB

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2011, 07:20:09 am »
Thanks Amanda for posting this....these are really yummy!! The kids love them! Thanks also to Chelsea for the conversion for us "tippers and pourers". The chickpeas make them quite a satisfying and filling for a cookie too.
Mum to 5 gorgeous kids, 3 bio aged 22,20 and 15, and 2 adopted aged 7 and 2.

Living in Western Australia

Offline Kym

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2011, 11:58:03 pm »
I've just made a batch of these and the girls love them.  I actaully used coconut palm sugar so they turned out a more golden brown type of colour.  I'll resort to anything to hide a few extra goodies in their food as it's health by stealth here.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2011, 12:28:58 am »
These are my kids favourites at the moment. I have been adding the choc chips with the flour and letting them chop a little when i mix it all in. They seem to be liking the tiny choc chips spread more evenly through the biscuit than the regular chips. Happy to do that  ;D ;D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2011, 01:17:38 am »
I finally got around to making these today and they are great. I have been meaning to make these for awhile but the kids are usually hanging around wanting to see what I'm cooking and the minute I mention trying this they would turn their nose up. So today I got the opportunity to make them with no little eyes watching me. And they love them. Do I tell them what they are ? Or just keep it to myself?  Thanks for the great recipe.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2011, 03:52:06 am »
Keep it to yourself lol  ;) ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2011, 10:46:35 am »
mwahahahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!!! Just made these.  DH was scoffing into the batter saying it was nice.  I smiled and said nothing. lol

He's had a couple of cookies now and I asked him if he wanted to know what was in them.

He said he didn't care as long as it wasn't zucchini. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

I laughed myself silly and confessed to the chickpeas.

LOLOL 

I ground about 70gr of organic dark chocolate down to near powder and added a dessertspoon of cacao as I didn't have enoug chocolate.  Tastes really nice.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2011, 12:10:40 am »
We really like these on the day that they are baked, but I find they go really soft and not quite so appealing on the following days.  It's a shame because they make a large amount.

Offline Jo and Co

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2011, 11:17:48 am »
I made these today and when i went to get the chickpeas out of the cupboard there was none in there!! so i used a can of five bean mix and they are yummy. All the kids have eaten them eagerly and have no idea what they are eating. Will definately be making them again soon
Jo

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2011, 11:52:19 am »
We really like these on the day that they are baked, but I find they go really soft and not quite so appealing on the following days.  It's a shame because they make a large amount.

Chelsea I leave mine in a warm oven to dry out until it has cooled totally that makes them quite crunchy  ;D for days afterwards.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2011, 04:41:11 am »
Made these today, sub'd a few things to make them dairy/egg free and almost failsafe lol.

So used nuttelex, egg replacer (need to add another couple of tablespoons of water, as the mix isn't wet enough), and grated up some dairy free choc (so amines), used about 150gms, was going to add some cocoa, but it didn't really need it.

Made about half the batch, have rolled the rest into a log and popped it into the freezer.

Ds whoofed them down like he hadn't eaten in a century, and dh even said they were 'not bad', which is pretty good considering he likes his stuff 'normal'  :D

Offline ~Trish~

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2011, 11:27:52 pm »
I made these late last night and they are yummy. Hoping that my boy likes them in his kindy lunch today :) Good way of hiding extra protein in his diet ;)

Thanks for the recipe :)

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2011, 07:57:19 am »
Wow! How'd I miss this!?? Def keeping these ingredients to myself. I used a tin of butter beans. Question: is the mix suppose to go into a bickie dough that you can handle or is it suppose to be a little more 'sloppy' mix that spoons out??

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2011, 08:53:29 am »

Chelsea I leave mine in a warm oven to dry out until it has cooled totally that makes them quite crunchy  ;D for days afterwards.

Thanks for that tip Meagan.  I will try them again soon.  :)