Author Topic: Cooking for 6 or 7 in thermomix  (Read 3977 times)

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
Cooking for 6 or 7 in thermomix
« on: May 16, 2011, 01:24:00 am »
I have had my TM for 12 months, love it and use it many times every day.  We are a family of 4 ( two teenage boys with large appetites ) the quanities in the recipes on the forum are great for the 4 of us. Can anyone reccomend any recipes that can scale up well or suit a meal for 6 - 7 people, we are having an extra 2 staying for a few days next week and would love a few recipes that I can make in the TM that will amply feed us all. We are not big rice or pasta eaters and tend to use the varoma for steamed veg instead of high carb foods.  ( but will have rice etc if it makes my life easier for a few days  ;D )
Thanks

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
Re: Cooking for 6 or 7 in thermomix
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 01:38:58 am »
Baf65's creamy chicken can make a huge meal when bulked out with lots of vegies and pasta. You can buy rice pasta??  :-\

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 02:15:53 am »
Thanks Nay-Nay I forgot about that one. Its not that I can't eat pasta or rice ..... just that I prefer not to ( all grains actually )
On the weekend I made the chili chicken and cashews that I love for the 4 of us but tried to stretch  it to 7 and put in too much chicken and veg and ended up having to put it on for much longer which kind of threw out that planning for the rest of the meal, still tasted great though.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 03:12:54 am »
I posted this over on RC the other day so thought I would be lazy and just copy it here  :-[ Hope it helps you a little Dee  :)

We are a family of 7 too with ages of 20, 18, 17 (boys and yes they can EAT!!)  ... then 6 (another boy) and 4. The best thing I have found if I don't want to bulk out a meal with bread is to make it a couple of courses. Easy as with a TM. Soup for a starter and you can put that in your Thermoserver whilst you get the main cooking and then start with the soup, main is ready when you are then ready for it.
The other is to embrace the Thermoserver and double batch. I find if I leave everything on the bench when I make the first batch then it is really quick to get the second one going with the first in the Thermoserver. By the time I put the second on, put everything away, clean up, call the kids (a few times lol) to set the table and I start dishing up ... the second batch is ready with really no more effort on my part as I have only got the ingredients out and put them away once! 
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 02:22:19 am »
Yes it is so easy and quick to do a double batch! What about the Warm Chicken, Pumkin and couscous salad (from the varoma demo) - it is quite a huge dish too.  ;)

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.