Author Topic: Chocolate Yoghurt Dessert  (Read 6865 times)

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
Chocolate Yoghurt Dessert
« on: July 17, 2010, 11:16:11 am »
Name of Recipe: Chocolate Yoghurt Dessert
Number of People: approx 3 child-size desserts
Ingredients:
Small handful pumpkin seeds
Small handful almonds
Large handful dates
1 banana
1 dessertspoon tahini
1 heaped dessertspoon cocoa
1 cup yoghurt
Maple syrup to taste if needed

Preparation:
Grind pumpkin seeds, almonds and dates on speed 9, 15 seconds, or until finely chopped.  Add banana, tahini, cocoa and yoghurt and blend until smooth, speed 5.

Check for taste and consistency.  Sweeten to taste if necessary.

Tips/Hints:  I make a variation of this often as a treat after dinner, hence the approximate measurements.  Sometimes it's thick, sometimes it's more like a drink, always delicious and always enjoyed.

I was going to add a pear or two, but they weren't quite ripe.  Apples are also good.

members' comments

Amy - I made a version of this using linseeds instead of pumpkin seeds and pineapple instead of banana. I did sweeten it but mum said it was still a bit tart for her tastes. SD liked it though.I think I will try again with the banana, or maybe apples or pears. I just had some pineapple that I needed to use up today.

rostess - My son LOVED this.  After a small taste he ran inside and grabbed a spoon from the drawer so he could have some more! I found it a bit too sweet for my liking and the taste of the tahini a little bit strong so I would reduce these next time.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 03:08:27 pm by judydawn »
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Chocolate Yoghurt Dessert
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 03:45:35 am »
Thanks CB79 - sounds very nutritious  :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 02:38:10 pm »
I love these type of wholefood desserts. I do something similar but with ricotta.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 02:39:51 pm by zebraa »

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 02:13:38 pm »
I made a version of this tonight for mum and SD. I used linseeds instead of pumpkin seeds and pineapple instead of banana. I did sweeten it, but mum said it was still a bit tart for her tastes. SD liked it though :-))

I think I will try again with the banana, or maybe apples or pears. I just had some pineapple that I needed to use up today :)

Offline rostess

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 03:16:35 pm »
My son LOVED this.  After a small taste he ran inside and grabbed a spoon from the drawer so he could have some more! I found it a bit too sweet for my liking, and the taste of the tahini a little bit strong so I would reduce these next time.