Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521735 times)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #13980 on: May 26, 2015, 01:09:20 am »
I was wondering the same thing KimmyH. I've joined a facebook group dedicated to one of the new machines and really interested. I started a savings plan yesterday, starting with some money from Mum for my birthday which was still in the card, and planning on putting aside all my $1 and $2 coins. It will take a while but it's not something I need but will get it instead of purchasing a second bowl when they are finally released for the TM5.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #13981 on: May 26, 2015, 03:16:59 am »
Auburn Glaze is the color of my new car... :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13982 on: May 26, 2015, 04:16:16 am »
A brilliant idea Wonder. It's amazing how quickly coins add up, especially gold ones. We save all our 5c pieces to donate to the Parkinson's Association and they come to round $200 a year. Someone mentioned it to me while caravanning a couple of years ago.

That sounds exotic Robyn. Is it an orangey red. Mine is officially Velocity red or something.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #13983 on: May 26, 2015, 08:32:45 am »
I have a rule that every $5 note and coin goes into my money tin. Any money I find on the kitchen bench, in the car, washing machine and around the house are bound for the tin also. I plan to take it to the bank next week and buy a little special something when I go overseas on holiday soon.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #13984 on: May 26, 2015, 09:22:28 am »
I like your 5c idea Cookie.

We went to Costco today...I was very well behaved and only bought food items and a mega roll of wrapping paper (their wrapping paper is excellent quality). I picked up the 2 in1 Tefal Jaffle & Waffle maker but put it back down....i may be regretting that decision :(
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #13985 on: May 26, 2015, 01:23:26 pm »
CreamPuff, my husband has only spent 2 $5 notes since January 2010 - and that was because a shopkeeper took them out of his hands LOL. He saves every $5 note and all coins at the end of the day goes into a large tin. Of course the kids raid it each day for their canteen money but other then that it becomes our Christmas money each year. Amazing how quickly it all adds up.
Kylie

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #13986 on: May 26, 2015, 09:58:13 pm »
I should do that for Christmas too. ;)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #13987 on: May 27, 2015, 12:21:57 am »
Nice suitcase djinni - I love luggage.
Wow Kezza - wonderful present for a wonderful mum.
Car looks really good Robyn.
We just booked a weekend away in Harrington for DH's birthday in 2 weeks time. Nothing to do in Harrington but enjoy the bush walks and tennis court. Will be able to relax and catch up on some reading. 

Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13988 on: May 27, 2015, 01:54:26 am »
Sounds like fun Michele, little breaks are great for recharging the batteries.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13989 on: May 27, 2015, 02:22:42 am »
It sounds lovely and restful.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #13990 on: May 27, 2015, 03:14:17 am »
Thanks for the encouragement with my savings, I've always been hopeless with things like this and generally purchase on a whim, but I'm determined to wait this one out so every little bit will help.

Michelle, a weekend away like that sounds perfect.

I'm off to Brisbane next week for work and DH and I have booked flights to Perth for a 50th but I've been unable to get leave so looks like I'll be working from the Perth office while DH takes in the sights or Perth on his own  :-\

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #13991 on: May 27, 2015, 09:05:32 am »
Thanks for the encouragement with my savings, I've always been hopeless with things like this and generally purchase on a whim, but I'm determined to wait this one out so every little bit will help.

Michelle, a weekend away like that sounds perfect.

I'm off to Brisbane next week for work and DH and I have booked flights to Perth for a 50th but I've been unable to get leave so looks like I'll be working from the Perth office while DH takes in the sights or Perth on his own  :-\

You're such a busy girl wonder - I don't know how you do it all. You bake amazing birthday cakes in between jet setting around the world for work. Sounds very glamorous but I'm sure it's a lot of work.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #13992 on: May 27, 2015, 10:09:14 pm »
Lol Mich, it certainly sounds better than it is. My preference would certainly to have been a stay at home Mum and now that they are older to do some charity work, but you don't always get what you really want, and you have to make do with what you get. I've been fortunate to have experienced working with some amazing people and seen places I never dreamed I would.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13993 on: May 28, 2015, 03:06:38 am »
Wonder, what rotten luck. Hopefully if you have to work from the Perth office, it has lovely views of the Swan River or King's Park.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #13994 on: May 28, 2015, 04:31:34 am »
Small change adds up, ours goes ins cps money box and we bank it every 6-8 weeks, always around $40 in there.

Wonder, what are you saving for?
Mum to Crown Prince......