Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521610 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8790 on: May 31, 2013, 07:13:58 am »
I love POK . Now you have to get rid of the worms.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

stacelee

« Reply #8791 on: May 31, 2013, 07:53:06 am »
T2 is deadly for me.  We are up to 36 different teas....I drink probably four or five different ones a day although arctic fire, chilli kiss, Madagascan vanilla and really Russian caravan are my favourite.  We are drinking lots of tea at the moment as our nespresso machine has gone back for its third repair.  It's actually damaged our bench top so apparently it is being referred to Europe. :(. It's greatly missed.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8792 on: May 31, 2013, 08:07:24 am »
I'm another lover of T2. We have about 12 or so in the cupboard. I love my coffee too
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #8793 on: May 31, 2013, 08:08:13 am »
ES. some great buys there  ;D

Does the tea shop sell online?

Marie

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8794 on: May 31, 2013, 08:12:03 am »
I'm another lover of T2. We have about 12 or so in the cupboard. I love my coffee too

It's amazing how those T2 boxes breed like rabbits in the cupboard!! :o :o ;D ;D ;D

Marie - you could try here . . . http://www.gourmetgroceronline.com.au/T2%20Tea

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #8795 on: May 31, 2013, 08:17:04 am »
Thanks GF,  here I go again.   :D ;D I knew I shouldn't have looked at this thread. No will power at all. :D ;D

Marie

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8796 on: May 31, 2013, 09:56:07 am »
I have really russian every morning in bed, wont get up until I have had my cuppa :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #8797 on: June 01, 2013, 03:39:44 am »
I have LOTS of teas.  Some friends have accused me of being a "tea junkie" because I have so many.

At present I have 35 teas from The Republic of Tea plus numerous others from other vendors.  RoT are my favorites although Adagio Teas are a close second.

My tea "collection" pictured about 15 months ago - I have added to it since then.

While I usually drink coffee first thing in the mornings, later in the day and evening I drink tea, hot - rarely I may have iced tea but to me much of the flavor is lost with chilling.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #8798 on: June 01, 2013, 03:46:37 am »
Love the collection Andi, especially those caddies.  I broke the one I had for over 20 years when I accidentally dropped it and the lid broke off at the hinge.  Bought in France it had a plastic part around the hinge and that broke.  Will have to look for another one.

Marie

Offline mrsb

• View Profile
« Reply #8799 on: June 01, 2013, 04:04:13 am »
Every time I go to Sydney I'm in T2. Can hardly wait until it opens in Cairns. I hope I'm not in there every weekend. I have enough different teas and not enough time to drink it all. I'm disappointed they didn't make the café with it. I wanted to buy the franchise, but obviously someone beat me to it.

I was just looking at houses for sale in cairns and a picture of a kitchen, low and behold had a thermomix. Funny seeing them around. I went into a café the other day and you can see through the door to the kitchen and sure enough a thermomix sitting on the bench.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #8800 on: June 01, 2013, 04:24:08 am »
Thanks wonder and stacelee not in any rush to buy the pressure cooker as our big trip away isn't till next year.
Will have a look at the Indian shop today as I am going there any way, to get some ingredients for the butter chicken. And wait till I hear what you think of yours wonder when it arrives.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8801 on: June 01, 2013, 04:51:59 am »
Every time I go to Sydney I'm in T2. Can hardly wait until it opens in Cairns. I hope I'm not in there every weekend. I have enough different teas and not enough time to drink it all. I'm disappointed they didn't make the café with it. I wanted to buy the franchise, but obviously someone beat me to it.

I was just looking at houses for sale in cairns and a picture of a kitchen, low and behold had a thermomix. Funny seeing them around. I went into a café the other day and you can see through the door to the kitchen and sure enough a thermomix sitting on the bench.

I always look at  the kitchens in the property section to spot a TMX MB . Leon at WinkII has a Thermomix. . Tell me which cafe had one? Nice to know a place where you know there is someone cooking who knows what they are talking about. Sounds like I may have to visit the T2 shop when it opens.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #8802 on: June 01, 2013, 05:42:08 am »
After reading and then writing about tea, I had to have some.

Using my TeaMate - the best automatic tea brewer ever.  It was only sold in the U.S. for three years in the later 1990s.  Apparently people thought it was too expensive.
I saw an ad for it in the Tea Magazine and of course just had to have one.  I liked it so well that I bought a second one as a backup.

I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #8803 on: June 01, 2013, 05:52:10 am »
How long do tea leaves remain fresh? I was given some very expensive green tea leaves which is about 2 years old!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8804 on: June 01, 2013, 06:25:36 am »
Each weekend when DD and I meet for coffee we have a wander into T2 and tast e everything. She texted a while ago and had bought a heap of tea this morning.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/