Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521694 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8325 on: April 29, 2013, 12:35:20 pm »
Ghm just found one super cheap at harvey norman big buys site

Www.harveynormanbigbuys.com.au and its the swiss pro brand
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #8326 on: April 29, 2013, 12:43:59 pm »
GHM they are in the latest house catalogue. Would you believe I was looking at it 30mins ago.  Sofritto brownie pan set 18 slice $29.99. Here's a photo of the catalogue :)

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #8327 on: April 29, 2013, 12:50:14 pm »
GHM, I bought my one, similar to the one Frozzie linked, at the local C***s supermarket - on sale about a year ago for around $5.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #8328 on: April 29, 2013, 09:21:41 pm »
Rare visit on here, and immediately regret it....
Would love a hand held dyson... But oh my the prices...

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #8329 on: April 30, 2013, 04:54:33 am »
Honestly, I hate my Dyson hand held! It blows into your face when you use it and I can't count the number of times I've opened the base by mistake and had all the contents drop out. It's also very heavy, and I hate the way you have to keep your finger on the switch.

I adore my Miele barrel. I didn't think I'd ever go back to a barrel or a bagged vacuum cleaner after using bagless ones, including the Amway one and Dysons.

But this one is the best I've ever used. The disposable bags are as clean as a whistle when I take them out to throw in the bin. The suction is incredible, too.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8330 on: April 30, 2013, 05:11:42 am »
MJ which model do you have?

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #8331 on: April 30, 2013, 06:18:01 am »
Oh no MJ, was it the animal dyson? I haven't noticed any of the things you don't like yet with the exception of having to keep my finger on the trigger but given I'm only using it for small jobs it doesn't bother me.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8332 on: April 30, 2013, 06:25:14 am »
I've had my Dyson hand held for at least 7yrs maybe more and I love it nearly at the end of its life and will certainly get the same again

Offline Girlpower247

• View Profile
« Reply #8333 on: April 30, 2013, 06:34:26 am »
I just bought the pink Dyson animal last week & I'm loving it so far. We got a great deal from the Good Guys.The carpet along the skirting boards has never looked so good :) It's good on my cream bathroom tiles too. My friend has one, so I was keeping watch for when it was on special, because I knew that hers was really good.

I've had my dyson barrel vacuum cleaner for just over 10 yrs now, it's still going strong :)
Before that I had a Miele called white pearl and it was the worst vacuum Ive had for reliability - must have got a lemon cos I love Miele products normally - my front loader washing machine is a Miele and still great (also 10 yrs old)
Im keen on getting the animal pro hand held too (for the in between days) I think my dog should buy it for her mummy on Mother's Day considering she leaves her fur lying around -LOL

I see its still on special at the Good Guys (shop there often) at the moment for $447, just wondering if that compares to the price you paid (as you mentioned you got a great deal) ?
If you prefer not to say though, that's okay too :)

@ Wonder, as you mentioned getting it on special from GG, Im sort of assuming it was this same advertised special price for yours?

Dyson sent me an email today spruiking it...RRP is $549.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #8334 on: April 30, 2013, 06:44:26 am »
I love my Dyson animal it is a pain you have to keep your finger on the button but it does a great job of getting everything up.

mcmich

« Reply #8335 on: April 30, 2013, 07:22:50 am »
That is a bit of a bother Yvette, my girlfriend puts a plastic tie around hers.

stacelee

« Reply #8336 on: April 30, 2013, 08:02:04 am »
I have two of those brownie tins, one is better than the other...but I can't remember which.  I will pull them out and do a test run and then post which one I prefer.  One is heavier than the other and one has like a little ridge around the top edge of each square which is irritating because it gets crumbs into it.

My favourite recent purchase are some soapnuts.  I wish I had discovered them earlier...they have done a fantastic job of making my son's macca's uniform smell "nicer".

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #8337 on: April 30, 2013, 10:52:57 am »
I love my Dyson animal it is a pain you have to keep your finger on the button but it does a great job of getting everything up.

I have a Dyson animal too and it is the bee's knees. The button thing doesn't bother me. It's fantastic for stairs, a quick whip around vacuum and small spaces and it does a great job. I have a large Dyson as well that is great too, just inconvenient to haul around.
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #8338 on: April 30, 2013, 10:57:36 am »
Girl power mine dyson was $447 at the good guys, we purchased a few things at the same time and the only thing they wouldn't reduce further was the dyson. Harvey Norman said their best price was $525!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #8339 on: April 30, 2013, 11:55:32 am »
Mine isn't the hand held but the compact barrel animal pro.. Absolutely love it :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/