Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521214 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #7980 on: March 28, 2013, 09:49:23 am »
Maddy you are certainly keeping our economy buoyant. They are lovely.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #7981 on: March 28, 2013, 11:00:38 am »
Maddy, when you start a post on "THE SHOPPING THREAD" with
Um, I have been bad  :D

I know it's going to be a good read!

What great purchases & that bangle is gorgeous! Love all the baking mags too...I know I really shouldn't ask but.....do you order them in or are they always at your newsagent -or does your newsagent make sure they are always there for you?!?!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #7982 on: March 28, 2013, 11:41:12 am »
I am pretty sure that call out to her jam.......buy me, buy me ;D

jakodai

« Reply #7983 on: March 28, 2013, 11:43:01 am »
I got this yesterday as my 'farewell' present from work. I've wanted it for a while now, but always tell myself that I didn't need it. My friend at work was always with me when we went to the shop, so of course she got it for me!

And I also thought I'd let you guys know of some of the things I bought during my 'hiatus'...

I FINALLY got a bench mixer. I was going to hold out for the kitchen aid, but I don't think it ever would have happened. I've been very happy with this so far. But I'm struggling a little with creaming butter. I think the scraper paddle attachment heats the butter too much, so my cupcakes aren't rising as much as they used to. I'm getting there, though.

My dad bought me the old version of one of these last year, and I loved it. I have issues with food where things have to be cut the same size, so this has been fantastic. But I killed the old one - I was cutting something and flattened the blades... Ooops! So I splurged and bought one of these from Harvey Norman for $100 and it's great! This one has more attachments than the old one, including a bigger dicer, and the mandolin slicer, which I have loved as well.

I think that's all I've bought. Except for a whole heap of scrapbooking stuff, I'm a little obsessed with block mounted stamps and dies (I bought myself a die cutter for christmas). Journalling has helped me greatly with my depression, and I like to take photo's of things that I've done during the day and scrapbook them in my journal. Nothing special, I just like to make it look nice.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 11:44:44 am by jakodai »

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: March 28, 2013, 12:08:58 pm »
We googled the nicer diver today. Children are obsessed with the info commercial on tv :D

jakodai

« Reply #7985 on: March 28, 2013, 12:15:03 pm »
I have to admit, I was pretty obsessed with it, too... lol. I remember looking through the TV guide on the TV once and seeing that it was on and getting a little excited...

I was just wondering how I was going to store my bread in the freezer when I start baking it. It's only the 2 of us, and we won't go through a loaf quick enough to not freeze it. And I very much dislike bags, so I had a look and found this, so I bought it

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:59:42 pm by jakodai »

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #7986 on: March 28, 2013, 01:30:45 pm »
Tvsn Jakodai?....they usually have great specials there on L&L, often 2 for 1 deals.
love the stuff!
Your mixer looks fab too  8)

Love all the baking mags too...I know I really shouldn't ask but.....do you order them in or are they always at your newsagent -or does your newsagent make sure they are always there for you?!?!

I usually only buy the cupcake/baking mags, when it features an occasion....like Easter, Christmas, mothers day etc.
I pick them up from eBay more often than not, as the newsagents tend to charge more.
My little post office/general store know me well  ;)  I just have romantic homes & Romantic country magazines on my monthly paper account....which has been culled significantly.

Maddy, when you start a post on "THE SHOPPING THREAD" with
Um, I have been bad  :D

I know it's going to be a good read!

LOL  ;D
Well I'm going to add on now

It's definitely Easter here

I loved these bunnies, but DD said they're the stuff made of nightmares  :-\  Really???.....says she, who is absorbed in the tv series "Bones"   :-)) go figure!

And

.........EAT CAKE!

jakodai

« Reply #7987 on: March 28, 2013, 09:16:01 pm »
Tvsn Jakodai?....they usually have great specials there on L&L, often 2 for 1 deals.
love the stuff!
Your mixer looks fab too

Thanks Maddy, I'm having a lot of fun with it. I got the container from Deals Direct. Everywhere I saw it it was very expensive, but I didn't try tvsn. Now I'm too scared to look... Lol

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7988 on: March 28, 2013, 09:32:35 pm »
TVSN had lock and lock 1/2 price last week.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7989 on: March 28, 2013, 09:53:14 pm »
Maddy, when you are a grandma, your GKs are going to love special times of the year at your place - it will be a kids' heaven.  Just think of how your buying habits will change/be increased with the patter of little feet in your life.  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #7990 on: March 28, 2013, 10:21:30 pm »
Jakodai, I'm jealous of your BigShot!  I mainly do cardmaking, so am probably fine with my good ol' cuttlebug really, but the Big Shot just seems so much nicer to use (I've used a friend's).   ;D  Love your farewell pressie too!
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: March 29, 2013, 01:41:54 am »
Jakodai, I'm jealous of your BigShot!  I mainly do cardmaking, so am probably fine with my good ol' cuttlebug really, but the Big Shot just seems so much nicer to use (I've used a friend's).   ;D  Love your farewell pressie too!

I have a cricut expression I use for my crafty stuff - I love it!!  :)
:D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7992 on: March 29, 2013, 03:22:49 am »
Lovely purchases. I dare not keep the bread I make not in the freezer as we would eat it all in one day. Delicious but not good for the bulging waistlines.
When DD was in hospital I bought a sandwich from the canteen. The filling was fine but the bread was like 2 bits of fluffy cardboard holding the filling in.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #7993 on: March 29, 2013, 11:13:24 am »

I think that's all I've bought. Except for a whole heap of scrapbooking stuff, I'm a little obsessed with block mounted stamps and dies (I bought myself a die cutter for christmas). Journalling has helped me greatly with my depression, and I like to take photo's of things that I've done during the day and scrapbook them in my journal. Nothing special, I just like to make it look nice.

l love  your craft purchases  , l have a cuttlebug and love the endless ideas it gives . and l have a wee eee bit obsession too with paper , stamps, generally craft items 

it is amazing how calming doing crafts can be. it also gives you something to do and something to look forward to.
I personally think many people underestimate the benefits of crafting or how relaxing it can be to just take time out for "Me"
if you lived closer i would be happy to do crafts with you - but regrettably melbourne is a bit far for me to drop in.

South West WA AUSTRALIA

jakodai

« Reply #7994 on: March 29, 2013, 11:36:05 am »
It's 2 fold for me - I've found that keeping a journal helps me reflect on things that I'm feeling upset or anxious about, and breaking them down so I realise the mostly I'm worked up over nothing, or something that is easily fixable. But the craft side of it is almost like an escape. While I'm thinking about the colours and shapes, etc, that I want tissue, I'm not stressing about things. I've also found that I do more because I want to include different photos in different settings in environments, rather than pictures taken in the apartment all the time! So it's actually helping me to get out more.

Nazar, such a shame - that would be lovely!