Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521656 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #7905 on: March 19, 2013, 06:46:22 am »
amazing what GOOD customer service does... 
great news Cookie
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7906 on: March 19, 2013, 08:49:46 am »
Great news Cookie.

Good luck with getting somewhere maddy, it certainly has gone on long enough and some action needs to be taken.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #7907 on: March 19, 2013, 11:30:54 am »
Great news cookie. Good to hear some positives from an airline.
Oh Maddy. Hope you can get this sorted.

Offline Jadey

• View Profile
    • Thermomixing with Jadey
« Reply #7908 on: March 19, 2013, 04:19:50 pm »
Maddy - that's terrible! I do hope you get some answers soon. This is rediculous.

Cookie - How wonderful! I always try to fly Qantas. They are such a good airline and I'm so glad they have looked after you through all this.
Jadey :) ... Northern Beaches, Sydney, Aus. 

Like my page on facebook Thermomixing with Jadey

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: March 19, 2013, 09:24:21 pm »
Great news cookie.. You sure though that you arent exempt because of illness, hospitilisation etc?? Most airlines have a clause regarding being unfit to fly?? Good that they did it anyway.. Hope dd is better?

Maddy hope you get the armoir dearcle sorted soon !!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7910 on: March 20, 2013, 04:04:59 am »
Cookie - was so pleased to hear you had that result from Qantas!! Have to be impressed with them on that one!!!  Best wishes to your DD - I do hope she's feeling much better and that they (that ubiquitous "they") can get to the bottom of it all.

Maddy - you go for it and give those people a good (consumer) kick where it hurts . . . they're really playing at something they're not too good at!!  Hope you find some joy soon - either with a lovely new piece of furniture or a total refund and an abject apology!!

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #7911 on: March 20, 2013, 11:55:05 pm »
It is 50% off kids clothes today at Farmers (department store), so bought winter supplies for my fast growing DS, and a few things for DD (she's super-fussy though.  She picked but still no guarantee she will wear, so kept it minimal). 
Also managed to get outfits for both of them for my brother's wedding in June  ;D

And then, went to the bookshop and bought up a supply of One Direction stationery items.  DS is a fan, so going to wrap up little parcels as a treasure hunt for his birthday party in a month's time.

Still hunting for a new bed for DD.  I want one with drawers under it (or maybe like THIS), but DH isn't keen!  He keeps saying he doesn't think she'll want to take it when she moves out.  She's 3!  And neither him nor I took our childhood beds when we left home anyway! 
I just think it'd be great for her small/awkward bedroom.  Although not sure how it would be snuggling up to read stories in something like that.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: March 21, 2013, 12:13:20 am »
My mum in NZ just rung this morning to tell me she was in Farmers Jo, she wanted to know if I wanted anything for my girls!!  :D
She is probably spoiling them with half priced stuff!  ;)
:D

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #7913 on: March 21, 2013, 01:14:37 am »
Haha, I expect a call from my mum later too.  I chatted to a couple of grandmothers in there buying stuff too  ;D One was buying the same dress DD had picked, so clearly good taste there.

Definitely worthwhile at 50% off, even with the manic crowds.  Between that and the end-of-season clearance stuff I got at the end of last year, DS is sorted.  DD will just make do with her shorts until she starts turning blue.  :-)) No point buying even half price stuff if she won't wear it though. 
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #7914 on: March 21, 2013, 02:09:25 am »
Just heard she got each of my girls a merino dress - and not sure what else!
Can't wait to see them, have no idea what they look like except apparently cute!! :)
:D

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: March 21, 2013, 02:14:20 am »
Maddy - you go for it and give those people a good (consumer) kick where it hurts . . . they're really playing at something they're not too good at!!  Hope you find some joy soon - either with a lovely new piece of furniture or a total refund and an abject apology!!

thanks, and I did!
left yet another gruff URGENT message to contact me, and I was responded to with an email   :-))....this time advising me shipment is definitely arriving mid to late March  :-)) :-))..... so, they are now fully aware of my thoughts, and my actions if not delivered in 2 weeks!  MAD MADDY on a mission  ;) it's like chasing a rainbow!

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7916 on: March 21, 2013, 02:24:28 am »
Hope things get sorted Maddy
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #7917 on: March 21, 2013, 02:26:22 am »
maddy hopefully the bad publicity will speed things up for you - good luck

jo_nz, I had a bed similar to that growing up and loved it and it was great for my small room. I've found with both of my kids they were desperate for a double/queen bed from early teenage years so i wouldn't be trying to get a bed now for her to take when she leaves.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: March 21, 2013, 02:27:07 am »
Maddy you go girl

Astarra lucky you I am sure the clothes are very cute

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7919 on: March 21, 2013, 02:27:35 am »
we bought double bunk beds for our kids about 18 months ago. they are 7 & 8

[/url