Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521546 times)

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #5340 on: October 14, 2012, 11:08:52 am »
Thanks Maddy. I might get the vanilla one too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: October 14, 2012, 12:13:20 pm »
JulieO can I ask a silly question, how do you get the recipes from the forum to your laptop? Do you cut and paste or use a program? I don't have an iPad but want to reduce the amount of printouts.

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: October 14, 2012, 12:29:51 pm »
I also don't print recipes any more. If I see one I like in a magazine or book rather than scan and print I just take a picture of it either with ipad or iphone and store it that way on my iPad. I usually see a recipe when I am waiting at the doctors surgery and do get a few weird looks when I take photos of it! But I don't care!,

Offline rostess

• View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: October 14, 2012, 12:39:13 pm »
Sorry to butt in on your thread but I've also been looking for a way to organize recipes I've found on the forum. In the past I copied the main content of the recipe and then pasted it into a word document. Since I use my iPad more than my computer now, that system isn't so convenient. I found an app recently called my recipes and it's quite handy for storing recipes that you find on different websites.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: October 14, 2012, 12:40:17 pm »
What a great idea GHM. I am going to start taking photos too. So we will both get funny looks now.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: October 14, 2012, 12:44:09 pm »
Thanks Rostess, no iPad here, but cut and paste to word doc will work for me for the time being. I think I should start hinting to DH that I want, correction, need an iPad for Christmas.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: October 14, 2012, 12:49:34 pm »
Sorry to butt in on your thread but I've also been looking for a way to organize recipes I've found on the forum. In the past I copied the main content of the recipe and then pasted it into a word document. Since I use my iPad more than my computer now, that system isn't so convenient. I found an app recently called my recipes and it's quite handy for storing recipes that you find on different websites.

Rostess, I mainly use the ipad also and love the Paprika app to store all recipes.  Easy to transfer over, and just by clicking on recipe pic, you can save and insert it easily.  Also you can email it to your desktop if you want to print it off.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: October 14, 2012, 01:41:47 pm »
Paprika for me too
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: October 14, 2012, 01:44:38 pm »
Kimmy, not a silly question at all.  I typed up a heap of stuff and lost it  :-\ So will try and be brief.

Yes I copy and paste into word docs, any recipes from the net/forum including any accompanying photos so I know what it's supposed to look like  There are different folders for all the different types of food, Beef, Lamb, Pasta, Desserts etc.  TM has a sep section split between Sweet & Savoury. Once a recipe is made, if we liked it, it gets transferred to I guess you could call it my Tried and True section but I add my own photo to the page instead.

If I'm copying out of a cookbook, I will type up the recipes myself under the name of the book and author and will repeat the above for any recipes that I want to keep.  It means I can set out a recipe how I like to and allows me to convert measurements or ingredients to Australian when I'm copying a US or UK recipe.

I work off my laptop in the kitchen which I find handy to make any notes at the time.  I have a keyboard protector so it doesn't get messy.

I just don't have a need for the printed version anymore.  It might seem a lot of trouble what I do, but once you have it sorted into the different categories, it's so easy to keep organised.  I actually enjoy the process of going through a new book/ebook, picking out what I want and then typing them up.  I find it very relaxing.

And because I use Dropbox, I can access all the recipes on my iPad too.  I can't make any changes on the iPad version, but I use it just for viewing on there anyway.

Hope I could be of some help.  :D

Offline rostess

• View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: October 14, 2012, 03:28:44 pm »
My only problem with using my iPad as my cookbook is that my 2 year old usually wants it, and it is guaranteed to keep him distracted while I'm trying to get dinner! I just have to sneak it past him without him seeing ha ha

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: October 14, 2012, 10:37:45 pm »
My only problem with using my iPad as my cookbook is that my 2 year old usually wants it, and it is guaranteed to keep him distracted while I'm trying to get dinner! I just have to sneak it past him without him seeing ha ha

rostess
 l have the same problem we have one  ipad and one laptop and 4 of us who want to use it .
 so its easyier for me to print them out .
 because as soon as ds 4  sees the ipad its l quote ds 4 '' l play crocodile '' and l dont want any arguments when l am trying to cook tea

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: October 14, 2012, 10:45:15 pm »
Thar's exactly why we had to get at second iPad!

"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: October 14, 2012, 11:13:48 pm »
I copy and paste the recipes onto a word doc then save them to a USB...that way I can use whatever machine is avaliable at the time...comp, DVD player etc.  :D
:D

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: October 14, 2012, 11:35:36 pm »
No, I haven't bought this book, but after my initial thoughts of "are they serious?".....I am now curiously amused  :P

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: October 15, 2012, 12:06:32 am »
I just ordered FFS... :o  :D

(Have been trying to tell myself I don't need it for a while, and I probably don't NEED it, I just WANT it!!) ;)
:D