Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521670 times)

mcmich

Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #5220 on: October 03, 2012, 11:45:22 pm »
Very funny Maddy, where did you see that? I have a few girl friends I could give that to for Chrissy.

Mama Fergie

« Reply #5221 on: October 03, 2012, 11:49:49 pm »
You could save the lock box code in DH's phone Judy so he has it permanently saved  :)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: October 03, 2012, 11:50:11 pm »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: October 03, 2012, 11:57:19 pm »
I have thought of something. What about a medi alert where you press the button and it goes to a call centre that will ring the ambulance if needed and you would leave the combination with them? Don't know what the fee is for that?
There is a Care Alert alarm that is worn on the wrist or around the neck that does not have monitoring fees.  Can hold up to 5 numbers of people to call and it starts with the first number and if that does not answer it will call the next one listed and so on.  Still does not solve the problem of the key though unless someone on that list has the code.
Marie

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: October 03, 2012, 11:58:23 pm »
no I didn't buy this....but it made me smile

My mum would have qualified for that Maddy  ;D
Marie

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: October 03, 2012, 11:59:54 pm »
I have thought of something. What about a medi alert where you press the button and it goes to a call centre that will ring the ambulance if needed and you would leave the combination with them? Don't know what the fee is for that?

I have been given a Care alert smart dialler Michele for Geoff to press if I am at the shops or Mum's place around the corner for 1/2 hour but if he has a seizure and I am not here, of course it comes on so suddenly that he wouldn't have time to press it (this is the one Marie alluded to).  That system would work if something happened to me whilst he was in bed - of course I am the first person the call goes to, then the neighbour followed by relatives and OOO (this is how they tell you to programme it).  I haven't set it up yet though as I'm waiting for someone to do it for me (SIL due down soon so I was going to ask him).  I would have to give keys to several people by the looks of it which was why I thought the key safe idea would be a good one.  I had guessed the ambulance people would need to know the combination to the safe too.

You could save the lock box code in DH's phone Judy so he has it permanently saved  :)

That sounds a good idea MF as I doubt he would remember it when/if needed.  I also think he would even forget to look for it in the phone if needed, his memory is so much worse since the last episode.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 12:03:22 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

« Reply #5226 on: October 04, 2012, 12:15:39 am »
They aren't 100%. My FIL lay on the floor for 14 hours before he had the presence of mind to press the button.

I'm glad he is in a very nice hostel now.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: October 04, 2012, 12:48:39 am »
You're right Michele - by the time we need these sorts of things our minds are generally not as sharp.  You have much more peace of mind now that your FIL is being cared for.  mmmm.......... no, I can't do that yet ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: October 04, 2012, 01:42:39 am »
There are different medic alerts that you push the button for and it goes to so many programed numbers.

Have you checked with your local ambulance station for ideas Judy. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #5229 on: October 04, 2012, 01:58:53 am »
Sigh.. saw the postie coming up the drive and thought it would be the pizza maker but no it was the wine we ordered.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: October 04, 2012, 01:59:53 am »
Least you will be able to drown your sorrows, Michele!! ;)
:D

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: October 04, 2012, 02:06:27 am »
Oh no Mich hopefully tomorrow  :)

Mama Fergie

« Reply #5232 on: October 04, 2012, 02:32:38 am »
Enjoy your wine Michele  :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: October 04, 2012, 04:12:45 am »
Enjoy the wine Michelle,   ;D ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: October 04, 2012, 04:16:55 am »
 Michelle ,You better keep some wine to have a toast to the first pizza out of the oven..