Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521805 times)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #4965 on: September 14, 2012, 02:29:55 am »
Maddy we have the same incubator and it has worked a treat for us.  We have a chook breeder up the road from us and they have about 20plus different breeds and they sell fertilised eggs.

I thought there was someone here that had that incubator.
it's been warming up, so eggs should go in this afternoon  ;)

I made by partner go through training before he was allowed to take any tupperware containers with work.  He had to prove to me that he could bring home cheap takeaway containers before he could take the real thing. 

LOL....love it!  ;D
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: September 14, 2012, 07:04:23 am »
I have a work trip to Hobart next weekend, and I have made sure I will arrive early enough to get to the Salamanca Markets.  Never been there before, but have heard lots of good things about it.  I am sure I will have things to post on this thread after a day shopping there  ;D
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: September 14, 2012, 07:05:27 am »
Have fun Karen hope you find something good to buy  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: September 14, 2012, 07:08:46 am »
Have a great trip Karen, love to hear all about those markets.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: September 14, 2012, 07:30:42 am »
I love those markets. I love the Adelaide Markers more.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: September 14, 2012, 07:47:09 am »
Really Gert!  Do you mean the Central Markets?  I work only 5 minutes walk from the Adelaide Central Markets.  Isnt it funny how you take things in your own backyard for granted. 
Karen in Adelaide

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: September 14, 2012, 07:57:34 am »
Yes Ilove that place. Had to laugh when JD had trouble,finding the Railway  Statiom. If she loved the markers she would hace known where the Railway was!  :-)) ;D

Once we had a stopover on th Indian Pacific too and we hightailed it to,the markets to shop. Not far at all!!

Gert ;D

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: September 14, 2012, 08:32:27 am »
How long ago was that Gretchen?  The railway station in the city is not the same place where the interstate trains come in these days.  It's at Keswick, just out of town but don't know that you could walk to the market that easily ???

I found this which explains it better than I could.

The Adelaide Parklands Terminal is the only interstate railway station for the whole of the metropolitan area of Adelaide, South Australia. It is located 3km from the City centre, adjacent to the suburb of Keswick and within the southern part of the West Parklands.

The terminal was built in 1984 as a dedicated long-haul passenger railway station when Adelaide Railway Station was redeveloped for suburban trains only. The Adelaide Station is a terminus, so any through trains must reverse. This is easier for suburban railcars than for locomotive-hauled long-distance trains. This situation was further cemented with the conversion of the south-eastern line (Adelaide-Melbourne) to standard gauge.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 08:42:23 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: September 14, 2012, 09:34:42 am »
Karen you will love the markets, there are lots of shops that run along the back of the markets, love wondering around down there by myself. I always find something, last time was a lazy Susan, that I had shipped back cause it was to big for my suitcase. :)
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: September 14, 2012, 09:57:59 am »
How long ago was that Gretchen?  The railway station in the city is not the same place where the interstate trains come in these days.  It's at Keswick, just out of town but don't know that you could walk to the market that easily ???

I found this which explains it better than I could.

The Adelaide Parklands Terminal is the only interstate railway station for the whole of the metropolitan area of Adelaide, South Australia. It is located 3km from the City centre, adjacent to the suburb of Keswick and within the southern part of the West Parklands.

The terminal was built in 1984 as a dedicated long-haul passenger railway station when Adelaide Railway Station was redeveloped for suburban trains only. The Adelaide Station is a terminus, so any through trains must reverse. This is easier for suburban railcars than for locomotive-hauled long-distance trains. This situation was further cemented with the conversion of the south-eastern line (Adelaide-Melbourne) to standard gauge.

Too far to walk but less than 10 minutes by taxi.  Yup that is the one. Whe. Coming to Adelaide if not staying with friends we Lways stay within walking distance to the market and Gouger Street. Great location. Adelaide is so easy to get around.

Gert

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: September 14, 2012, 11:30:23 am »
I love markets  ;D

Yes Gert, The guy who designed Adelaide on a grid, made it so easy to get around.

So pretty with the lakes and churches... :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: September 14, 2012, 12:50:11 pm »
I love markets  ;D

Yes Gert, The guy who designed Adelaide on a grid, made it so easy to get around.

And the Adelaide Oval

Offline consumerate

• View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: September 14, 2012, 11:30:52 pm »
I love markets  ;D

And the Adelaide Oval

And fabulous wine regions so close to the city.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: September 14, 2012, 11:46:10 pm »
All true . How about a Fest in the Adelaide Hills?

Gert

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: September 15, 2012, 12:30:22 am »
when gert ?
i don't need a recipe i'm italian