Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521567 times)

Offline desi

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #4320 on: July 31, 2012, 07:55:57 am »
I finally bought my lovely mauviel pans.. Got 2 and one lid..will add to it bit by bit over time..a piece here and there...

20cm saucepan/casserole

24cm sautee pan

Hi Frozzie,
I love the Mauviel pans. Do you know if they can be used on induction cook tops?

24cm lid

6 copper cannele moulds ...

And a fitbit each for dh and i

No more shopping for a while 😁

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: July 31, 2012, 08:11:36 am »
Correction Yes they can be used on all fires so gas induction electrique etc etc as do most pans over here but for induction you need to buy a special disc.. I dont know why in oz and elsewhere they only have specific fire for pans etc

Just double checked and for this collection you need a special disc to use on induction..other mauviel collections ive seen are all fire..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: July 31, 2012, 08:25:12 am »
Kim, they are truly beautiful!  Are they much work to keep in pristine condition?
.........EAT CAKE!

*suzanne*

« Reply #4323 on: July 31, 2012, 08:26:30 am »
Those pans look wonderful

Well apparently I had a delivery coming yesterday and it was signed for and delivered but not to me and not by me so now I have to deal with Australia post  :-)), my delivery man has been giving me grief for a long time and I get at least 1-2 parcels a week so he knows who I am and my address, not happy.....

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: July 31, 2012, 08:27:54 am »
Those pans look wonderful

Well apparently I had a delivery coming yesterday and it was signed for and delivered but not to me and not by me so now I have to deal with Australia post  :-)), my delivery man has been giving me grief for a long time and I get at least 1-2 parcels a week so he knows who I am and my address, not happy.....

That sounds annoying Suzanne - hope you get it sorted as painlessly as possible.  :)
:D

*suzanne*

« Reply #4325 on: July 31, 2012, 08:31:18 am »
Thanks Astarra, the incompetence of this man is unbelievable, he truly frustrates me and I don't even really know him and AP's customer service isn't the best either so who knows when I get my candles

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: July 31, 2012, 08:33:00 am »
If a magnet sticks to the bottom of your pot then it can be used on an electric induction cooktop. If not then no.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: July 31, 2012, 08:53:30 am »
Kim, they are truly beautiful!  Are they much work to keep in pristine condition?

Maddy apparenty easy to maintain but as ive never had them before i dont know just that the french believe they are the best to cook with.. Copper in general as it cooks evening and gives a finish on food above other items.. Will have to get back to you on that though once ive had them for a while and used them 😊

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: July 31, 2012, 09:18:46 am »
Desi nearly all the other collectionsare all fire icluding induction etc just not the mheritage one which i find the most beautiful.. Cn be used on induction with a disc but i prefer gas and is what thy are mostly used on ...aparently the discs although good are not as good asa pan made to go on induction...i love that they go in the oven too...

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: July 31, 2012, 09:28:57 am »
Forgot to mention we stopped off at bordeaux on the way home and i got some le creuset cookbooks and le creuset tajine in yellow

Some creme brulee dishes but not le creuset as she had none left

Was very tempted to buy some more bits and pieces but scared they would get broken in shipping or wouldnt fit into the container lol

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: July 31, 2012, 09:50:08 am »
Beautiful pans Kim.

Suzanne I know how you feel with AP. they have managed to not deliver a lot of our stuff. The AP parcel courier even had an enormous book of ours returned to Amazon as he said there was no such address. It was addressed correctly.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: July 31, 2012, 10:17:25 am »
WoW Kim....your on fire!  8)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: July 31, 2012, 10:20:52 am »
😁😁😁

Not for too long or i think dh would disown me 😄

Offline desi

• View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: July 31, 2012, 11:30:48 am »
Gert,
Thank you. I will try with the magnet to find out which pans I can use in our newly installed induction cooktop :)

Frozzie,
Thank you for the info. All your shopping looks lovely, just nice for your new ozzie kitchen :)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: July 31, 2012, 11:47:47 am »
No problem.. My parents have induction and i like it but prefer these pans to induction.😁😁😁😁. Alot of houses we have been looking at seem to have either piano ovens or induction cooktop with seperate ovens.. Enjoy your new cooktop 😊

Gert good tip.. Didnt know at one as i just look for the induction and other symbols when buying

I noticed even on the mauviel website in oz they dont mention what they are compatible with but do on the french one??