Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521126 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #4140 on: July 19, 2012, 12:49:43 am »
Looks good DJ
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: July 19, 2012, 05:08:10 am »
Oh, we enjoyed that series too!

I was sad to see that production ceased on season 3  :(
Enjoyed it as much as "love my way"....but didn't let DD watch that one though  :o LOL.
....oh, and did you see that the cake parlour book was released yesterday...can't wait to see it...hope it's good  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: July 19, 2012, 05:12:34 am »
What  pity about series 3. I missed Love my Way - sounds like i would have enjoyed it, but i couldnt persuade DH to watch it.
I picked up a parcel from the post office this morning from POK, and it's sitting in the boot of my car at the moment. I cant wait to get home from work and open it. I'm still waiting on my fishpond order too.
Anyway. lunch is over, so back to work now....
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: July 19, 2012, 06:26:01 am »
Oops maddy.. Just shows how out of touch i am.. I adnt noticed any posts from you but to tryband keep up to a min of posts i av been skimming through .....oh well 😄😄😄

We booked and paid for the kids and my one way tickets tooz... Very sad but exciting...made the decision to do it alo e as alot of other flights tht week were starting to be fully booked out...disappointed we cudnt get on thr sme flight as my parents..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: July 19, 2012, 06:27:46 am »
When is that Frozzie?

Oh to,escape the worst summer ever!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: July 19, 2012, 06:29:24 am »
10 oct is d day lol

Yes i know.. Its depressing... Happy though that we will have a summer this year in oz...

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: July 19, 2012, 07:15:23 am »
Frozzie a christmas in OZ   ;D   Nice and hot, steamy weather...

Summer in  December
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: July 19, 2012, 11:52:06 am »
How long is the flight Kim?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: July 19, 2012, 12:57:55 pm »
Yes looking forward to a aussie summer...and chrissy

Jd the flight in totl s 24 hours on average.. Sometimes a couple of hours less sometimes more but roughly a day!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: July 19, 2012, 01:00:00 pm »
With how many stopovers Kim and do you get a chance to get off the plane and walk around any airports?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: July 19, 2012, 01:06:43 pm »
With how many stopovers Kim and do you get a chance to get off the plane and walk around any airports?

One stopover judy mostly in asia but also dubai and the like...yes you grt to walk around an airport.. Normally you have. Two to three hour wait between flights but sometimes it can be 15.. My fav is singapore airlines and airport.. Leave t rest for dead imo...but emirates is popular as they have alot more baggage allownce than any other airline... Im not a fan.. I have found thm rude, dont like the systm on arrival ie you land in the midle of knowhere on a masive and i mean massive tarmac thn you proceed after a long flight onto a bus where all the windows are frosted so you cnt see out of them for approx a 15 min ride stnding up with bags and kids as no seats then the airport itself i find hopeless and there is nothing really there...and last time things got tken from our suitcases between checking the bags and picking them up.. Was not impressed But they have 8kgs per person more baggage allowance than any other major airline

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: July 19, 2012, 03:12:59 pm »
I bought 2 bottles of very nice Shiraz from Edgecombe in the Swan Valley. Only bought 2 as they are from their very old vines and have a price that matches the vines age.  I also bought a couple of bottles from Two Fish winery, some Margaret River Dark Chocolate with Chilli and a bottle of Canefire special blend rum.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: July 19, 2012, 05:22:37 pm »
2fitbits and the scales tonight :) also saved $35 by asking the guy at Harvey Norman for his best price  ;) I'm excited!
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #4153 on: July 19, 2012, 09:47:20 pm »
Excellent Meagan. Are you going to join us on the weight loss challenge? Also I have made a group on the fitbit website just for us forum members if you want to join us?
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: July 20, 2012, 04:17:27 am »
I have calmed down from my exertions and just a weeny bit of swearing from yesterday and can now post my bit on here.
Trying to save $$ yesterday  ???. Bought a lounge cover as the lounge needs replacing and certainly not on the list of "to buy"  :(.
It is the most ridiculous thing I have ever encountered in my life. How can one piece of material with 2 flappy bits and 4 buttons be so darned impossible?
Miss 10 and I put it on the lounge, fussed and fiddled, nope not right - "we have it upside down"  she says.
Riiight.
So off it comes and we put it on the other way, more fussing and fiddling. "We have it upside down" I say.
Uh uh.
So off it comes again and we tried it up ways and down ways and short ways and long ways and in side out ways to boot, and after much muttering under her breath (Miss 10) and my not so polite  muttering - not under my breath - and the both of us giving the person who designed it a new pedigree ... we gave up.
It then took me another 20 minutes to fold the darned thing and get it back in the bag looking respectable so I can take it back to the shop on Monday.
Blood pressure was up just a bit by the time I had finished!
So what now? Does anyone have a lounge cover they can recommend for a 3 seater lounge that is not going to cause me to raid my hubby's blood pressure tablets before, during or after I try another cover?