Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521219 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #3540 on: June 21, 2012, 08:48:53 am »
Robyn I mention car parts when I buy things too. :D :D I don't think I'll ever catch DH as his parts come from USA and the freight is horrific. He has to get them from there as he can buy new parts for his 1930's cars.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

stacelee

« Reply #3541 on: June 21, 2012, 08:59:23 am »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who stops "discussions" with that....my husband brings in bits from England for his old mx5 and also buys way too much photography gear.  He isn't brave enough to play that game with me....although he did convince me not to get a Hotmix Pro but that was more because my kitchen bench won't fit it.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: June 21, 2012, 10:54:23 am »
Can I suggest if anyone likes luxury, softness and comfort in bed, please, please have a look at microfleece sheets.  I have never, ever laid on anything so gorgeous!  I bought one sheet set, (in latte) and will be getting one more set.  Am so tempted to buy a set for each of my 'kids' as I know they wouldn't have felt anything like them either.  ;D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: June 21, 2012, 11:12:35 am »
Someone gave me some micro fleece sheets  but I gave them away after a few months  as I really like hard crisp sheets like hotel  quality. It is probably because I am always moving in my bed  to find a cool spot. If you like soft and cuddly then the micro fleece are for you.

Too hot for the tropics I think and tend to pil or get fuzz pretty quickly. They are not expensive and I think kids will love them for the soft warmth.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: June 21, 2012, 11:45:43 am »
Gert, yes they would be too warm for Qld, but we've been getting -1 here some nights.  I don't like elec blankets but use a woolen underlay.  Can get pretty cold especially when DH is on nightshift!  ;D  Love the crisp sheets in summer though.  :D

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: June 21, 2012, 01:20:25 pm »
Like the sound of those sheets Julie. Love crisp sheets in summer, but NOT good in a Melbourne winter. Now excuse me while I go & fill the hot water bottle - it's bedtime for me!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: June 21, 2012, 01:20:39 pm »
I've already ad to get rd of a top of the ange latex mattress because it was too ht so doesn't sound like the micro fleece is for me but the kids would love them. Where's the best place to buy them?

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: June 21, 2012, 01:47:20 pm »
Wonder, if my memory is correct, Maddy bought a latex bed and found it really hot and uncomfortable too.
I got my sheets from the link below on special.  Couldn't find any locally. $10 flat rate postage.

http://www.manchestermore.com.au/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&Itemid=8&category_id=11&product_id=1607&vmcchk=1&Itemid=8

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: June 21, 2012, 02:55:12 pm »
Wonder, if my memory is correct, Maddy bought a latex bed and found it really hot and uncomfortable too.

yes indeedy!!!....people use cooling gel mats for the matress....not just for hot flushes...but for the new stupid latex beds!

Well I have smashed my way down to only 3 dinner plates, and 4 side plates....I am such a clumsy dish washer  :P
So I picked up 8  corelle square dinner & side plates,  as woolies had 30% off them.

.....  Maybe I should use plastic plates.

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #3549 on: June 21, 2012, 03:14:16 pm »
They look great Maddy.

I love my latex bed! I do have an eggshell on top of it though, so maybe that's why we don't get hot (aside from my hot flushes).

Well I went and bought the pasta attachments for my Kitchen Aid and some cheesemaking stuff.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: June 21, 2012, 05:31:54 pm »
Well guess who's too hot to sleep!  :-))  DH is comfortably snoozing, but he feels the cold more than I do.  The sheets feel so luxurious, but it's like having the elec blanket on low.   I don't think I'll be able to continue using them.  :-\

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #3551 on: June 21, 2012, 09:16:55 pm »
Maddy I have corelle dinner set too, I did look at them as I walked past yesterday but decided not to get anymore. They are chip resistant but I have managed to break two bowls so far. But think I have had them a couple of years, so that's pretty good :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

stacelee

« Reply #3552 on: June 21, 2012, 09:42:49 pm »
I wish my crockery would break.  I have white commercial crockery that is going on for twenty years old. It has survived toddlers, fights, teenagers and several moves. I'm bored with it but it is still in good condition so I have no excuse to replace it. Wish you well to use your new plates.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: June 21, 2012, 10:03:04 pm »
same here Lee i have the steelite ones and they never bloody break

but i having been buying the corelle ones when on sale  :-))
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: June 22, 2012, 12:57:36 am »
I am not buying anything today...
stay of ebay... ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url