Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7862348 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #31485 on: October 25, 2016, 05:35:20 pm »
Beautiful sunrise CC.  I suppose it's starting to cool down over your part of the World.  Here the weather is still all over the place!
Yes it it cooling down Trudy.

I walked Chance again this afternoon,DH who usually does it was sorting out the shower as the pump was playing up and he had everything dismantled. I heard a van going far too fast in our narrow roads,then 30 seconds later I heard a BANG!! he hit another vehicle.I heard raised voices to who was at fault.I didn't see the actual impact so carried on with my walk on the footpath. After my near miss last week I'm not surprised with this incident.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 06:13:39 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #31486 on: October 25, 2016, 07:59:03 pm »
It sounds like the accident was inevitable ... do you know if one of the vehicles involved was the one that pushed you off the road last week?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #31487 on: October 25, 2016, 09:44:49 pm »
Morning all.
CC, you need to be careful with crazy drivers on the roads. We have them here also.
Mild day here with a little rain expected.

Offline thermilover

• View Profile
« Reply #31488 on: October 25, 2016, 10:19:41 pm »
Good Morning All!! A beautiful spring morning here..
CC, that sunrise photo looks soo beautiful!! :)

Sorry to those who got bored of my hayfever rant but wanted to share something which seems to be working. My hubby dragged me to the Pharmacy yesterday as he couldnt see my suffering and they had suggested some antihistamine tablets which are safe to take in pregnancy but I was too adamant to budge, I just didnt want to consume anything even if it said safe in pregnancy.

The pharmacist understood and gave me the Saline nasal spray to try and as it is completely natural and only Saline water, I said yes. This morning when I woke up with the itchy nose, I just sprayed the saline water and ahhh, it felt so much better, the itchiness had gone away and I was able to go back to sleep.. So think this is the way for me.. if anyone suffering from hayfever hasnt tried it yet, do give it a go, hope it helps :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31489 on: October 25, 2016, 11:02:49 pm »
That's good news for you thermilover.
Good morning everyone, I'm off to meet a friend in town for lunch today.
Denise, your morning walks are starting to worry me with all those mad people on the roads.  Take care dear friend.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #31490 on: October 25, 2016, 11:22:12 pm »
Thermilover, that is a perfectly briliant resolution - what a huge relief for you.  Do you mix the saline solution yourself or has it a brand name?  Is it easily available?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline thermilover

• View Profile
« Reply #31491 on: October 25, 2016, 11:31:05 pm »
Thermilover, that is a perfectly briliant resolution - what a huge relief for you.  Do you mix the saline solution yourself or has it a brand name?  Is it easily available?

Its just the FESS Saline spray Marina, available off the counter, it should be easily available as it is a very common brand, hope you find it :)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #31492 on: October 25, 2016, 11:52:54 pm »
Good morning everyone.  A sunny morning here with rain forecast later in the day.

CC your photo of the sunrise is beautiful.  I never get to see one here cos I don't get up that early  :) :) :)

Thermilover, I am pleased you have been able to find a solution for your hayfever.  I must try it as my nose has been itchy for ages also my eyes.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31493 on: October 26, 2016, 03:58:18 am »
Denise, take care. It sounds as though your lane ways are rather dangerous. I would love to know if one of the drivers was your crazy van driver of the other day. If so let's hope he has learned his lesson.

Thermilover I'm pleased you have the hay fever sorted out. A clever Pharmacist to the rescue.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31494 on: October 26, 2016, 07:48:34 am »
It sounds like the accident was inevitable ... do you know if one of the vehicles involved was the one that pushed you off the road last week?
Don't think so Marina.I just caught a glimpse of the speeding van and it was small,the van who pushed me into the ditch was a lot bigger.

Great news you have something to help you with your hayfever thermilover.

Sitting here waiting to walk Chance as it's rather dark outside this morning. :-\
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline thermilover

• View Profile
« Reply #31495 on: October 26, 2016, 10:09:54 pm »
Good Morning everyone!!!! Excited about my ultrasound today, will get to see bub, yayyy :)

Thermilover, I am pleased you have been able to find a solution for your hayfever.  I must try it as my nose has been itchy for ages also my eyes.

@Mab, surely give it a go, it was my second day using it and I feel it is helping!

True Cookie, thankful to the pharmacist, lucky I got one who knew exactly what I needed and what I didnt, he totally understood when I was reluctant to buy the antihistamine tabs :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31496 on: October 27, 2016, 12:01:01 am »
Good morning everyone.  An exciting day for you thermilover.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #31497 on: October 27, 2016, 01:46:23 am »
Good morning everyone.
Thermilover, what an exciting day for you, hope your DH gets to share in the moment.
Back when my 4 were born, finding out gender was not an option, not sure whether I would have chosen to know.
Still on the hay fever thing, which I've only developed in last few years. My dear niece told me about an over the counter product called Flo - sinus care. it comes with a marked plastic bottle with nozzle. You mix sachet solution in 200mls water, lean over basin and whilst breathing normally, you squirt 1/2 of the solution up one nostril, it washes out and comes back down other nostril. Repeat with remaining 100 mls up 2nd nostril. It Really clears your sinus out. Suitable for hay fever and colds. It feels kind of strange at first, but certainly not painful or uncomfortable.

Have a great day everyone.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #31498 on: October 27, 2016, 04:36:34 am »
Hello all, well I have filed 3 police reports in as less than  a week.
DH name was used for a credit card, not by him. My c card number was used 8 times yesterday in America, and someone crashed into our gutters / roof at work today..

3 things, now hopefully no more. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #31499 on: October 27, 2016, 04:56:35 am »
Good afternoon everyone.

An exciting day for you today Thermilover, but not such a good day for you Obbie.

The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.