Author Topic: Honey Mustard Chicken  (Read 179883 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Honey Mustard Chicken
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2011, 11:15:53 am »
Had this tonight with rice. We have this on a regular bases as everyone enjoys it. I add a little extra chicken and cream to feed the 7 of us.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2011, 10:42:45 am »
Made this for supper last night.Used Chelsea's idea of adding the chicken in the last 7 minutes,doubled the mustard as Zan suggested and added half  Greek yoghurt half cream seeing Katya had success  with Greek yoghurt. I thought DH would be able to taste the yoghurt but I got away with it!  :P Infact he said it was delicious.Thanks for the tweaks girls ;D ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2011, 12:30:03 pm »
Yummy.

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2011, 08:39:10 pm »
Made this again tonight for the first time since January. When last I did it, I found it too mild and not that great.

So tonight I tried again, using some tips from Hools003 and used some Garlic (3 cloves) and doubled the mustard from 20g to 45g. For the stock I used the TMX Chicken Stock.

Anyway tonight it worked a real treat, I did thicken it up with 15g's of Cornflour and 15g of water paste and it really was yummy. What surprised me was that my wife really enjoyed it as well (not normally her sort of thing) which pleased me no end.

I also made it Judy's Country Potatoes from page 6 of this thread. Great meal.
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2011, 02:33:36 am »
DH made this for tea a few nights ago and I wasn't that keen on it. It seemed a little watery and far too yellow. DH will only follow the recipe exactly whereas I would hav reduced the water and included some more vegies. Everyone ate it but think I will  need to try it next time with a few tweaks before leaving the recipe out for him to make again.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2011, 04:24:01 am »
We had this last week and I did tweek the recipe as I cooked the chicken drumsticks in the oven and then made the sauce as follows:
45g wholegrain mustard
1/2 tsp tumeric
1tbspn stock paste
50g honey
20g flour
100g water
150ml thickened cream
30g olive oil
1 onion

It was nice and creamy, however lacked flavour. Not sure if I should add some mustard powder to it to give it abit of a kick??? Made enough to pour over corned beef the next too.  

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:27:01 am by DizzyGirl »
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline hools003

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2011, 04:57:05 am »
Glad you tried the garlic and extras, Tarasis!  I decided that we were going to have this for dinner last night and said middle son who doesnt normally like it said "yum, what this Mum?"......Go figure!!! I think it might have been because i havent made it for a while! Yay, winner!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline SuzieG

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2012, 09:31:04 am »
I made this tonight and it is delish!

I had a master foods honey/mustard whole grain mustard and used that.
Was accidentally heavy handed with the honey 10gms more than the recipe called for.
Used chic thighs.
Last 2 mins added cornflour paste.

It was quite liquidy.

Served with vegies.

When I make again I might reduce the cream a little and serve with rice and dinner rolls to mop up all the goodness!!

Thanks to the poster this will become a regular in our house!

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2012, 11:56:01 am »
This is a regular in our house :) Tonight I chopped up 2 carrots, 1/2 head broccoli, some green beans, 1/2 red capsicum and a zucchini. Placed the carrot (pretty finely sliced) in the bottom of varoma then rest of veg on top. I started varoma temp when I added the chicken for 5 mins then I set it for varoma and speed 1 for 20 mins after adding cream. We don't like it liquidy so if you do this I imagine you'd need more fluid to retain some liquidity. :) I ran out of normal honey so used 15g honey and 15g Manuka. Also, I made sure none of the chicken was stuck on the blades before I set the 20mins and I don't chop chicken up overly small. I made mash potato on stove but will try in basket next time. Will add some more liquid if I do that as the consistency tonight was just right for us :)

After it was all cooked I tipped the chicken into my thermoserver in which I had previously placed a layer of baby spinach then tipped the veges in before gently folding it all together. I then served it on a bed of mashed taters (mashed with cream and nuttelex).

Beautiful :)

Many thanks to Trudy for sharing such a simple yet awesomely flavoursome dish!

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2012, 07:44:15 am »
  I didn't have any cream so I used cream cheese as a substitute and it was still delicious. 

Thanks for the tip - no cream here either but plenty of cream cheese!  Wouldn't have thought about that - so that's what's for dinner tonight! :)

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2012, 09:50:50 am »
Trudy, this was fabulous!  Followed your recipe but used cream cheese instead of the cream.  The mustard was Lime Grove's Chilli and Lime Seeded Mustard.  Taste, texture, sauce . . . you name it . . . just perfect - thank you!! ;D

Offline trudy o

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2012, 08:20:09 am »
Glad you're all enjoying my recipe.
Love the other suggestions you're all making too - have to try some out myself.  Haven't made it for a while maybe tomorrow night

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2012, 08:24:17 am »
This is one of my regular family favorites too. Most of us love to serve it with rice but DH dosnt like rice so we quiet often serve it with mashed potato and steamed veggies.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline littleramblings

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2012, 08:52:09 am »
Big thumbs up from everyone for this dish! Was a winner, and will certainly be on the menu from now on. Thanks for posting :D

Offline bickie

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2012, 11:27:44 pm »
I love this dish and agree with the posts that suggest extra mustard. You need it to cut the creaminess.