Author Topic: recipe book recommendation  (Read 4383 times)

Offline Ilana

• View Profile
    • Ganache Chocolate
recipe book recommendation
« on: January 28, 2012, 12:00:45 pm »
I hope I am not reposting an asked question. I did try to find a thread... Anyhow, I would like a recommendation on a really good book for thermomix. Thanks!!
mom to 10 kids! (okay... one is a son in law, one is a dog, 4 are cats)

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
Re: recipe book recommendation
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 12:26:05 pm »
honestly? the EDC - covers all the basics and allows you to convert your favourites using the method given in similar recipes. if you are looking to extend yourself, of all things, the calendars are pretty good, too, and shouldn't be overlooked - i have all the books, except quick fix, and find them good for everyday (and that's the impression i'm getting with quick fix), but for something more, go with the calendars (i have 2010, 2011 and 2012), dinner spinner and in the mix. in the mix gives you an insight into what chefs can do with a tm, which is good when you want that edge.
so...you need to ask yourself what you're looking for - everyday or something to extend you or something which will take you into another realm.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
Re: recipe book recommendation
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 09:48:48 pm »
I have the EDC and love it. I haven't bought a cookbook since I joined this forum. There are so many recipes on here I want to try  :D

There are threads on here with reviews on it for Quick Fix In the Thhermomix,  Dinner Spinners and In the Mix. Have a look at the reviews and the authors website for more information.
A new cookbook by tenina will be out soon also.

DG  :-*
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate