Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7862404 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #36270 on: October 25, 2018, 11:19:01 pm »
Good morning everyone, another lovely day here - spring is my favourite season.
I do hope your staff are considerate of your wishes Marina.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #36271 on: October 26, 2018, 02:23:32 am »
That sounds more than fair Marina.

I'm afraid I'm not really a fan of Spring, I get hay fever quite badly. I love the weather. I copped it on the first 2 days of our little holiday. We found a lot of lovely flowers were still out down that way. I could smell them and they didn't like my nose.

This is the Diamond Tree lookout. It used to be used as a tower for spotting fires. You can climb it- it’s 52 metres to the towers. Needless to say I didn’t.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 02:40:08 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36272 on: October 26, 2018, 01:08:10 pm »
I don’t blame you cookie, it’s rather high.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36273 on: October 26, 2018, 03:14:24 pm »
It’s sunny but cold again.
Great photos Cookie. DS suffers dreadfully with Hayfever so I realize what you go through each Spring.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #36274 on: October 27, 2018, 12:04:25 am »
Hello all, all good here. lovelly weather here.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36275 on: October 27, 2018, 02:12:38 am »
Good morning everyone, have a great weekend.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #36276 on: October 27, 2018, 04:22:24 am »
We have a clothes drier in our new apartment (I've never had one before, I much prefer to dry naturally, outside!) but, because we have no outdoor area, I have to use it to dry all our clothes.  Of course, some of the clothes create static and I am not sure how to counteract this.  Because I prefer a 'natural' solution, as opposed to using the drier sheets, I thought if I put vinegar in the fabric conditioner during the wash that would work, but there are still one or two things that are determined to shock me when I take them out.

There are dozens of 'bright' ideas on the net, but I thought I would ask people I trust for a sensible answer so, if anyone can help, I would appreciate it.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36277 on: October 27, 2018, 08:32:47 am »
I have been using this hack for years. I have bottle of fabric softener. Believe my the last time I bought it  was about 3 years ago. I have an old hospital sponge from the operating theatre. You can use an old wash cloth. I put about a tablespoon of fabric softener on it , toss it in the dryer. When the smell goes away maybe after about a month I add some more fabric softener. It NEVER leaves the dryer and funnily enough it seems to stay there all by itself. Never had any static. I started this about 40 years ago. I cannot believe people waste money on the drier sheets which are fabric softener impregnated chux.

You are welcome!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
« Reply #36278 on: October 27, 2018, 08:36:56 am »
Thank you Gert I will give this hack a try!
I have been using dryer balls but don’t like the way they “clunk” around the dryer drum!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36279 on: October 27, 2018, 10:22:56 am »
You will be amazed and will wonder at it and how well it works. I have not hung my washing out in  50 years. Life is too short. I would rather read. Take note cookie and Chookie !!
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #36280 on: October 27, 2018, 02:15:53 pm »
Just wanted to pop in and share some news.
Our little fellas case went to trial last Monday and the court has ordered care to 18.  We feel at last we can offer this precious boy some stability and permanency.  He has been loved and cherished from 3 weeks of age as many of you are aware he’s now 3 1/2.  Can’t help but feel sadness for his biological mum who obviously loves him but has been unable to change her ways to meet his needs.
Apologies it’s not Thermomix related but after sharing a photo on fb and seeing comments from many of my dear forum friends I felt i wanted to share our happy news in not quite as public way!
A photo came up of our Tassie forumfest today, so many wonderful memories, 4 years ago!
I really hope to be back more often XX
Denise

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36281 on: October 27, 2018, 04:25:51 pm »
Our little fellas case went to trial last Monday and the court has ordered care to 18.  We feel at last we can offer this precious boy some stability and permanency.  He has been loved and cherished from 3 weeks of age as many of you are aware he’s now 3 1/2.  Can’t help but feel sadness for his biological mum who obviously loves him but has been unable to change her ways to meet his needs.
Apologies it’s not Thermomix related but after sharing a photo on fb and seeing comments from many of my dear forum friends I felt i wanted to share our happy news in not quite as public way!
A photo came up of our Tassie forumfest today, so many wonderful memories, 4 years ago!
Congratulations to you and DH and your family Denise for opening your heart and home to make this beautiful little boy so well loved. He will thrive in the next fourteen and half years with you all. xxx
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #36282 on: October 27, 2018, 09:56:10 pm »
Morning all.
Haven’t been on for a few days.  Went to Melbourne and Dr ordered a series of sets for Ral.  Took a whole day going from place to place.  Nothing serious just checking.  Then couldn’t get on to Forum.
Bedlam, that is really great news.  A very lucky  little man.
Gert, don’t read this.  I hang all my washing out. Outside if fine, inside if wet. I also wash a lot by hand.  I do have a dryer.
Marina,  that is a long time.
Got to go, iPad playing up.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36283 on: October 28, 2018, 12:09:16 am »
Good morning everyone.
Denise that is welcomed news and now this little boy will have every chance to make the most of his life as you and your wonderful family show him the way and teach him so much. I’m sure he will grow into a beautiful person with the same ideals as yours.  On the flipside he has added another dimension to your existing family and is bringing you so much joy.  Wishing you all the best on this journey of love.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #36284 on: October 28, 2018, 12:11:22 am »
Congratulations to you and DH and your family Denise for opening your heart and home to make this beautiful little boy so well loved. He will thrive in the next fourteen and half years with you all. xxx
That is absolutely the BEST news, Denise.  I know that wee boy is going to have everything that he would want as he grows into maturity.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.