Author Topic: Any Diabetic dessert recipes out there?  (Read 17333 times)

Offline tanyag

• View Profile
Any Diabetic dessert recipes out there?
« on: November 16, 2008, 01:51:39 pm »
My dad's a sweet-loving, insulin dependant diabetic.  Apple/rhubarb crumble with equal and fruit salad is getting a little boring... does anyone have any ideas for diabetic desserts, please?  Thanx

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Any Diabetic dessert recipes out there?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 10:51:22 pm »
Sorry, keep forgetting to bring in my diabetic book - karenmc at The Wild Backyard may be able to help too.

Put a reminder for me to look at home.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 07:31:32 am »
My dad's a sweet-loving, insulin dependant diabetic.  Apple/rhubarb crumble with equal and fruit salad is getting a little boring... does anyone have any ideas for diabetic desserts, please?  Thanx
Tanyag, I have today converted the following recipe from last week's edition of That's Life and it is very nice too.

Strawberry Mousse - serves 6 x 1/2 cup measures (.2g fat per serve, 365kj per serve)

9g packet sugar-free strawberry flavoured jelly
2 cups strawberries (I used some frozen ones I had), probably more like 2-1/2 cups which I thawed slightly
2/3 cup instant skim milk powder
8 ice cubes

Place the jelly crystals in a bowl and add 1/2 cup boiling water.  Stir until crystals are dissolved and allow the mixture to cool slightly. Place the jelly in the TM bowl, add the strawberries and skim milk powder.  Process 20 seconds on speed 8.  Add the ice cubes and blend a further 20 seconds on speed 8.  Spoon into ramekins or small glasses and chill until set.  Only took about 2 hours using frozen strawberries.

As long as you can match up the fruit with the jelly, there are endless possibilities with this recipe.  I have also done it with mango I had in the freezer and used orange mango flavoured light jelly crystals.  Lovely!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 02:26:08 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 11:24:11 am »
Another conversion Tanyag from the same edition of That's Life.

Choc-Orange Blancmange

20g dark chocolate, broken into squares
shredded rind of 1 orange
30g sugar
40g cornflour
380g skim milk
chocolate shavings to decorate

Place the sugar, zest and chocolate into TM bowl. Grind 12 seconds on speed 8, add the cornflour and milk.  Place the butterfly in position and cook 9 minutes 90o on speed 4.  Pour into small glasses or 1/2 cup size ramekins and decorate with shavings of chocolate. Allow to set in the fridge for a couple of hours minimum.

I am going to replace the peel next time with Grand Marnier to see how that tastes.  I did 2 batches today as this lot only makes 3 ramekins and I wanted to give some to my diabetic neighbour to try.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 05:51:41 pm »
How about ice-cream! Can you use some fructose? Make the instant ice-cream with yoghurt and frozen fruit, it really is lovely and omit the sugar and use a little fructose...if you can!

Surely you could adapt quite a few that are on here? Maybe? 
Amanda

Spain

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 04:40:25 pm »
Bumping to see if anyone else would like to suggest diabetic-friendly desserts.  Pretty please.  I am trying to advise a couple of diabetic customers.  

Thank you to the contributors on this thread too:

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=13487.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 04:42:49 pm by cecilia »
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution