Author Topic: Tagging Recipes  (Read 7881 times)

Offline Jonvic

• View Profile
Tagging Recipes
« on: March 23, 2013, 03:55:45 am »
This may seem like a silly request as I am still new to learning how to move around the forum, however, is there anyway that I can 'tag' a recipe to create a list of recipes that I can bring up later on.

I am often looking around on the forum at times when I don't have access to a printer & when I go back to find the recipe at a later date, can't find it again.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

???

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Tagging Recipes
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 04:01:06 am »
Some of our members have their own ways of bookmarking recipes Jonvic but the forum itself doesn't.  Perhaps when you could see a recipe you know you would like to go back to, you could write the name of it in a note book (exactly as it is posted) with the topic number which you will find at the top in the URL link.  That way you can find it easily later.  
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:11:50 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 04:06:19 am »
 :)jonvic, I'm on iPad and I take a photo of the recipe needless to say I,have heaps of photo"s I tried making a recipe album but its a nuisance the iPad won't let you delete from one album .  The girls were talking about an app yesterday to put photos into and you can write notes I, might look at this.

Offline Jonvic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 04:45:38 am »
Thanks for the reply guys, will have to have a play with it & see if I can work out something..

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 05:32:42 am »
I think this has to be one of the most frequently asked questions on the forum :) -so you are not the only one Jonvic!

I have looked into using "Paprika" on the recommendation of other forum members but have been so busy lately I've not had time to try it myself.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 05:38:08 am »
Can MM look into adding this as a feature to the forum? Is it something other forums have?

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 05:38:14 am »
I save recipes I want to try into a folder in my favourites :) The folder is called "Forum TMX Recipes", and then I have a folder for each board, eg. "Mains", "Starters and Snacks", "Cakes", etc. Then I've got more folders in some of those folders, like in the Mains folder I have "Chicken", "Lamb" and "Pork", and in the Cakes folder I have "Chocolate", "Fruit", and "Other".
It sounds like a lot when I write it like that, but it makes it so much easier to find recipes and I feel really organised ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 06:19:26 am »
I'll send him a link to this discussion girls and see if he can do something about it.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 06:30:23 am »
That would be great, sometimes I spend a lot of time looking for a certain recipe.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Girlpower247

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 01:17:13 pm »
:)jonvic, I'm on iPad and I take a photo of the recipe needless to say I,have heaps of photo"s I tried making a recipe album but its a nuisance the iPad won't let you delete from one album .  The girls were talking about an app yesterday to put photos into and you can write notes I, might look at this.
It's called snapRecipes, I also have it and so far finding its great plus very easy to use. To me it was worth $1.99

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 07:51:21 pm »
You could perhaps combine some of these suggestions - if you are on a pc (possibly the same on Mac or "i" devices I'm not totally sure how they work) perhaps you could open a folder in Word called Recipes then have pages much as Amy has then write down the name of the recipe and put the URL next to it on the appropriate page, as per Judy's suggestion, then when you are looking for a recipe, open the folder in Word, find the list you are looking for (cakes, cookies, soups, salads, etc), look through that list until you see the name of the recipe you are hunting for, click the URL and there you go, i.e.:

Salads

Apple and Avocado salad  http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=12790.0

You could either have the URL as above or it could be linked to the name:

Apple and Avocado salad

That would work just as well.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 12:20:08 am »
Sorry, I think I forgot to get back to you on MM's answer on this one. Perhaps it will happen down the track girls & boys.

In part MM said, "In our forum it's not possible with the platform that we are running.
This suggestion is a great need, especially for recipe communities".

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 06:13:36 am »
I have Evernote loaded on my computer, Whenever I find a recipe or page I want to keep I just click on the Evernote elephant and it saves it for me in whichever folder I designate. I can access my notes on my comp, phone or Ipad too.
Love it and just too easy!
https://evernote.com/
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 12:36:15 pm »
I love snaprecipes. It is very easy to use and can be used for forum recipes, those in magazines ( you just photograph the recipe) and I was really cheeky today I sneakily added a recipe from a book in Dymocks. You can sort it into sections and add your own notes. You can have one recipe under several groups, eg bread, gluten free, afternoon tea and snacks. I highly recommend it  it's $1.99.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline teagg

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 02:49:38 pm »
Mealplan!!
See the thread in the boards!!!