Author Topic: Chookie in Norway  (Read 12764 times)

Offline johnro

• View Profile
Re: Chookie in Norway
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 08:17:08 pm »
Chookie your time away has sounded amazing, thank you for sharing with us - always the downside of o.s. hols, one leaves as carry on and returns as cargo!!!!!!! - well that seems to be the case with me as our hols are generally 4-5 weeks!!!!  :D  :D  :D
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 10:17:21 pm »
How true johnro.  Today we posted the 4th. Box back.  It had to be less than 10 Ks.  We also wanted to fill it as you pay the same here , full or not.  We also don't want the stuff to move around.  DH. does an excellent job of sticking up the sides.  We will be home before the box.!!!

Offline cgonsalv

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 12:04:59 am »
Hi Chookie, I am enjoying reading your travel stories.  My sister-in-law and family lived in Norway for a few years and loved it.  If you are having difficulties with finding recipes, you can send me the names of your favourite ones and I can get them to chase up the recipes with their Norwegian friends.
Cheers,
Chris
Chris (Melbourne, Australia) - Thermomix Forum addict

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 12:54:12 am »
Today ate Reindeer and  Moose casserole.  Very nice and TMX friendly.  Served with mashed potatoes and a red berry sauce.   We eat breakfast and a late lunch and that is it for the day.  I still manage to put on weight!!!!!
  It might be TMX friendly Chookie but can we get reindeer and moose in Australia. ??? ???  Hope exciting it is going to be for you when you receive that last box and see all the things you've forgotten you even put in there. Enjoy your last 9 days guys.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 03:36:05 am »
Loving reading about your experiences and the food.

LOL Judy, not seen any reindeer or moose at our local shops either.

Offline Lemongrass

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 04:22:03 am »
Solsikkebrod.   Ihave tried to google it,  without much luck.

Try using "ø" instead of "o" in brød
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 04:29:52 am by Lemongrass »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 02:18:18 am »
I have finally worked out how to get this photo of the triangular bread I received from Chookie this morning onto the forum. Yay, it only took me an hour  :-)) :-)) Ignore the mistaken name under the photo.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 10:48:03 am by judydawn »

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 03:18:48 am »
What would we do without the postal service to carry our excess collections when on hols - however Chookie, as a result of experience  I was making reference to the weight gain that so easily happens on hols despite what seems kms of walking that is done - believe me, sometimes I feel as though I left home as carry on and returned home as cargo!!!!!!!!!  :D  :D  :D
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 08:49:08 am »
I have finally worked out how to get this photo of the triangular bread I received from Chookie this morning onto the forum. Yay, it only took me an hour  :-)) :-))
I'm intrigued Judy,how on earth did you get that shape? Great looking loaf of bread by the way  ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 09:18:38 am »
Judy, that looks wow! Congratulations on getting it onto the forum. It looks like we'll all be looking for triangular tins next, especially if Chookie gives us the recipe.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 10:02:21 am »
Wow, today I found some bread that was VERY different.  It was triangular in shape,  and was lightly flecked with dried tomatoes or pumpkin.   (. Couldn't tell).  The texture and flavor were great,  but it was the shape that was the challenge.  I think it was cooked in your regular bread tin but turned on it's edge.  It would have to prove,  for the second rise, on it's edge, propped up with a towel.  To cook , it would also have to be cooked either sitting between the rungs in the oven,  or propped up.     Like the pipe loaf it gives a nice size slice of bread.  Although the breakfast loaf was rye/wholemeal/seeds,  it could be made with any type of mix.

OK guys, don't get too excited  :D :D  I only posted the picture which Chookie emailed to me - the loaf is described in the above quote.  I did google to see if there is a triangular shaped bread tin but couldn't come up with anything.  We will have to wait until Chookie returns and works out how to do it  ;)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2011, 10:36:31 am »
Judy,  you are a whizz.  I think. The bread could be cooked in an ordinary bread tin,  with the dough poked into to the triangular corner.  It would have to be proved on an angle,  propped up,  and cooked in the oven the same way.   Will be home in a week so looking forward to trying this.  Like the pipe loaf it gives a nice sized slice.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2011, 10:50:23 am »
No problems Chookie, I'm sure you will work it out for us. Enjoy your last week  :-* :-*

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2011, 12:03:14 pm »
looks like nice bread too. does anyone know of a similar recipe?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2011, 02:41:39 pm »
CP 63,  you could use any recipe,   However this one looked and tasted like a mix of white,  wholemeal, rye and seeds.  And rolled in safflower seeds.