Author Topic: What made you buy your Thermomix?  (Read 60482 times)

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
Re: What made you buy your Thermomix?
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2009, 03:53:02 am »
Ha ha! And Thermomixer- this site just wouldnt be the same without you! You have a wonderful talent with food!
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2009, 09:08:37 am »
Thanks - but not like andiesenji - seriously good.  Think I'd better get back into the kitchen and start performing.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2009, 12:12:14 pm »
I do so love that toaster. Amazing. As for anything artistic-I instantly repel it. I am very hopeless. I can't even shove flowers in a vase!
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2009, 06:25:19 pm »
I do so love that toaster. Amazing. As for anything artistic-I instantly repel it. I am very hopeless. I can't even shove flowers in a vase!

I'm terrible with flowers, always have been.  I cut them either too short or too long and by the time they are in the vase, they look like they are ready to be tossed.
Also, I have some serious allergies to certain flowers - can't even handle them.  In my home I have freeze-dried flower arrangements that I buy from a local craft shop - they look good for a few weeks and then get composted.  I'm supporting my local economy and am not exposed to pollens and as she uses no chemicals, the environment is safer too.

Another talent I totally lack is being able to sing.  I think folks would pay me to keep my mouth shut!  Not only can't I carry a tune, I have no ear whatsoever for pitch. 
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2009, 09:58:24 pm »
I saw it advertised in "The Cairns Post".  As soon as I saw it, although I never knew it had existed, I knew I always wanted one!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2009, 11:27:37 pm »
I saw it advertised in "The Cairns Post".  As soon as I saw it, although I never knew it had existed, I knew I always wanted one!

How did I miss this ad Paul? Was it a straight out advertisement or a  notice for cooking classes?

I first saw the thermomix at a friends house and had to have it just because of the look of it. Didn't even know how it worked.

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2009, 06:30:22 am »

How did I miss this ad Paul? Was it a straight out advertisement or a  notice for cooking classes?

I first saw the thermomix at a friends house and had to have it just because of the look of it. Didn't even know how it worked.

Hi Gert, it was an ad for a cooking class in a Saturday edition of the CP.  It was held at Forest Garden.  I rang the demonstrator and she said she was bringing a couple to sell, so I reserved on before I even got to the demo.  I just knew I had to have it the moment I saw the photo.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2009, 06:37:37 am »
Ah I missed it. I haveb een to a few of the demos at Forest Gardens pretty smart to reserve one. My consultant had a new one in her car when she came to do the demo at my house. She was smart eh?

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline HellyBelly

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2009, 07:16:42 am »
I'd been eyeing off a new Vita-Mix blender for a while - I've used my old Braun for about 7 years, and it's served me faithfully and well. I pretty much use it every day, so I knew when mine finally died, I would be going for a better quality one - most of the ones I was looking at were $1000+ anyway. Plus I wanted to be able to do ice etc. Not to mention, I've always wanted a grain mill, to make my flour fresh, as right now I buy in bulk and freeze it! Most grain mills (the good ones) can cost around about $900 pretty easily.

So when my mum told me she'd been to half a demo, I looked into it online. After the demo, I was hooked - here was the two machines I wanted most in one, PLUS a ton of other things I'd been meaning to get - rice cooker, ice cream machine, decent digital scales, steamer, etc etc etc. It was just a question of could we afford one, and how soon! Anything that will stgop us from going out to get fast food when we are feeling tired and lazy is well worth the money in my eyes. Plus I'd like to have more children, and I can totally see the benefits for healthy, cheap cooking. :)
yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum...

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2009, 05:19:15 am »
Hi, i read a review on www.taste.com.au and knew then i wanted one.
i rang the perth number, had a consultant ring me 2 days later, and ordered it then, sight unseen.
i got it 10 days later, and Jo did a demo for me a couple of days later.

i just love it.
i keep telling everyone that they need one, and how good they are.

My husband loves it too.
 :-))
We had a party here last night, and i made so much in it, clean up was a breeze.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline lucjar

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2009, 01:04:12 am »
My father found the Thermomix website and forwarded it to me to check out.  I organised to attend a Demo and was sold.  It took me a year to save the money and now I finally have it, I haven't regretted it. 

My youngest son has multiple food and environmental allergies and I have found that this gives me more time, more options and less cleaning up to do.  I no longer have to order bread online (at $20 for postage costs   >:( ) and freeze it when it arrives....now we have fresh, homemade bread-Yummy!

We are eating healthier.  The only trouble I have is (and I'm getting better at it) is converting recipes...no eggs, nuts, dairy, beef, coconut etc in our household  :(

My father is now looking at purchasing one within the next year to take with him on a caravaning trip...the possibilities are endless with this machine!  I can't stop raving about it!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2009, 03:10:18 am »
We're all a bit like that Lucjar.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Purplehat

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2009, 12:48:24 pm »
My husband and I were looking for a replacement blender, that's all! Nothing too fancy, just one that would work a bit longer than the previous one that died just out of warranty. I asked some opinions on a forum I frequent, and someone (Spanner!) suggested Thermomix. It all went downhill from there. :D JOKING!

When I found out you could make rice milk with it, which would pay for itself within 2 years AND it has a 2 year warranty.. well.. I was hooked. I read the websites, watched the YouTube demos.. the more I saw, the more I liked!

My husband and I are on a very strict diet. He's especially sensitive to gluten, and I to dairy. Lots of other avoids, too.. the hardest being garlic, onions and sugar. (Can really make cooking a challenge sometimes) Even after 3 years on this diet, we still get frustrated about the amount of time we need to spend in the kitchen. Cooking everything from scratch, and our favourite dislike - the dishes!!

I've had the Thermomix since Christmas day and we've used it every day to make our breakfast, smoothie and usually something for lunch too. (So far, the risotto has really been "quick and easy") It really means a lot to us to be able to even say "quick and easy" because it's been a running joke for such a long time. There's usually just NO SUCH THING!!

So, whilst I can imagine living without it (we've done it for so long now!) I wouldn't like to go back to it. So far, I've noticed that we have a few less dishes (less pots and pans, the two whisks (!!) and the old blender that wasn't easy to clean) and we spend a little less time in the kitchen (which is a good thing!). I'm happy! My husband is happy!  ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2009, 12:54:58 pm »
Great story Purplehat - you certainly have challenges in your kitchen and I'm so glad the TMX is helping you overcome some problems. Sounds like a very happy household to me  ;) ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2009, 11:10:24 pm »
Great to hear Spanner is still around !!  Been missing him - may have to check the other forum.  Certainly a challenge and easy to see how the TMX will help you - yes rice milk was Spanner's intro too. !!!
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.