Author Topic: Ice cream in the thermomix  (Read 5149 times)

Offline Teallele

• View Profile
Ice cream in the thermomix
« on: October 02, 2011, 09:39:22 am »
Hi all,

I was wanting to make some icecream that was lactose free and no fructose. I have made one lot as per the thermomix recipe book using lactose free milk and glucose syrup instead of sugar, and it seems to have worked perfectly well. I'm very lazy about washing up and things though and I was wondering if I could have chilled the custard before the churning by putting the whole thermomix bowl straight in the freezer and then bringing it out again a few hours later. Obviously it couldn't be frozen solid and I could break it up a bit to get the blades turning but other than this can anyone think of a reason not to do this.

Cheers,

Sue

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: Ice cream in the thermomix
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 06:07:44 am »
i wouldnt do that ie put the bowl in the freezer..if you damage the plastic element which would not be made for going into the freezer you will end up buying another bowl!! best way is to make it, put it in ice cube trays then into zip lock or freezer bags and just get out as much as you need when yoçu need it!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 10:45:03 am »
I'm with frozzie on this one. Go with the ice cubes. Better to be safe than sorry.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 02:14:16 am »
I always mix my icecream the day before I churn it. Leave it overnight and then churn. I'm in the process of doing an orange icecream at the moment.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline earth mumma

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 11:30:27 am »
I have used my thermoserver to put my icecream in as it's waiting to be churned