Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6126838 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #8505 on: May 10, 2013, 08:21:40 am »
We had a prem baby so no bag packed, nursery not started etc. it gave DH something to do.  :D

I've had a lovely day today.  Slept in ( or tried to) until 8am. Washed the breakfast dishes, made the bed, swept the van, hung the washing out, ( DH had washed it) then for the rest of the day I have read, chatted, had coffee , read some more and used the iPad. What a life.

Our caravan isn't in this picture but we are part of the circle of vans around these trees. We sit at the tables in the middle for coffee and drinks.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 08:24:10 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8506 on: May 10, 2013, 08:22:34 am »
You wouldn't think there would be too much to pack - In the public systems they only keep mum and bub 12 hours post baby and in private 3-6 days depending whether it's your first baby and whether or not you have a caesar.

My DD was born in New York .. Was at work thursday ...Went in about 9:30 pm Friday night, baby born just after midnight, home 9am Monday morning....1st child and like all hospitals nothing happens over the weekend!!! DS born in Sydney ... What a difference !! Nurses couldn't have been more lovely.. In for just under a week

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: May 10, 2013, 08:23:42 am »
Blimey Astarra you've been busy :o
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

mcmich

« Reply #8508 on: May 10, 2013, 08:29:21 am »
You wouldn't think there would be too much to pack - In the public systems they only keep mum and bub 12 hours post baby and in private 3-6 days depending whether it's your first baby and whether or not you have a caesar.

My DD was born in New York .. Was at work thursday ...Went in about 9:30 pm Friday night, baby born just after midnight, home 9am Monday morning....1st child and like all hospitals nothing happens over the weekend!!! DS born in Sydney ... What a difference !! Nurses couldn't have been more lovely.. In for just under a week

They throw you out AKA "discharge you very smartly" in the States. Really if you are OK then hospitals are dangerous places to be in - full of germs.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #8509 on: May 10, 2013, 08:59:22 am »
I was at a birth Centre midwives only it was really lovely like a hotel room and I  only took one bag the longest I  stayed was 15 hrs and that was only because of the delay in signing us out ;D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #8510 on: May 10, 2013, 10:21:27 am »
Whose having the girls whilst you are in hospital astarra?

MIL is having miss3 and 2 different auntys are having the other 2.

I hope not to have to stay too long in hospital, but would rather have what I want/need if I have to stay longer.  :)
Hope they have wifi in the hosp so I can still get my forum fix!!  ;D
:D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8511 on: May 10, 2013, 10:37:19 am »
Nice of the park to provide seating etc for you Cookie, saves you taking your own  ;D  It looks a good place to meet.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8512 on: May 10, 2013, 11:43:59 am »
Lovely photo Cookie. :)

I hope not to have to stay too long in hospital, but would rather have what I want/need if I have to stay longer.  :)
Do you think your girls will miss each other? Probably not as they will be being spoiled by family :D :D :D
Goodness I hope the hospital has wi-fi as we will be all waiting to see a photo of your baby ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #8513 on: May 10, 2013, 12:39:32 pm »
Well I am exhausted after reading that Astarra. You put me to shame. Hope you can rest in hospital ;) I only packed the one bag too, but it was a big one!

Lovely photo cookie.

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #8514 on: May 10, 2013, 01:05:17 pm »

Astarra, the more babies you have the quicker you get sent home (except if there are problems with the birth of course), don't appear to cope too well so you can stay longer and have a rest lol.  I wish I did that with my 3rd (one night in hospital). When I got home it was straight back into looking after the other two and cooking dinner, washing, cleaning etc ......... I thought geezz why did I come home so quick lol...... Family etc do everything for you when you're in hospital but once your home gggggrrrrrrrrr lol

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #8515 on: May 10, 2013, 03:27:04 pm »
I was at a birth Centre midwives only it was really lovely like a hotel room and I  only took one bag the longest I  stayed was 15 hrs and that was only because of the delay in signing us out ;D

I did the same Suzanne  :) it was lovely....but there's no place like home  ;)....the sooner I could get out of there, I did!

Hubby got an interesting call from one of our customers, who we supply hay to.......she told us that someone came onto her property and stole 40 hay bales, whilst she was sleeping   :o   things are looking bad here, no rain & not much hay to stretch the distance, but jeez....what a cheek!
It's pretty bad when people are considering security cameras for their hay sheds   :-\
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #8516 on: May 10, 2013, 03:28:11 pm »
Oh cookie....I'm a bright shade of Green! 
Enjoy  8)
.........EAT CAKE!

*suzanne*

« Reply #8517 on: May 10, 2013, 04:18:07 pm »
maddy that's terrible hopefully you get some rain xx

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #8518 on: May 10, 2013, 09:33:51 pm »
What a lot of info on here!
Astarra what a busy lady you are. We wish you well with the new baby and I hope you stay and get a rest if possible.
Awful about the hay thefts.
A friend of mine has just started going to markets with her handmade soaps and Cosmetics. She had some stolen from her stall  last weekend, so hard when starting a new business from scratch.

Today I baked, washed, ironed and caught up from a few days away. Met the tree man who prunes the huge shrubs with ladders and did some phone calls for DH and sorted out my 3 days work for next week.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #8519 on: May 10, 2013, 09:45:26 pm »
Cookie, what a beautiful spot, glad you are having a rest.  That lifestyle is something I could get use to ;) :D

Astarra. rest up when you get the chance, once home it will be full on for you.  :)

Maddy, that is terrible to think that they would steal hay.   Hoping it rains soon

Marie